babies"r"us registry party - Page 2 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party

2»

Re: babies"r"us registry party

• I will definitely include a video baby monitor. I think it will be so helpful to see what baby is up to without going upstairs. I didn't even know there were car seats with sensors! 
  • I did include an audio baby monitor
  • BumpTara said:

There are some great suggestions being mentioned here!  

Next question: Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)? 
    I'll be putting a monitor on the registry for sure. 
  • Does anyone have a video monitor that they've been happy with? There are so many options and a lot of mixed reviews. 
  • Does anyone have a video monitor that they've been happy with? There are so many options and a lot of mixed reviews. 
    FTM so no recommendations, but in general it seems like there are mixed reviews on basically every option out there. I registered for a Summer Infant brand one and I just hope I'm one of the moms who loves it.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
    runnermom9
    I have purchased several and for some reason I have had issues with almost every single one. I have been buying the wifi one's that go to your phone though. My husband gets the picture as well as our parents who live several states away but I cant for the life of me get my phone to ever work with one! I think this time I'll be buying one that has the monitor instead. 
  • @Nwilcox09 My husband would really like a wifi monitor but it does seem like they have a lot of problems. They are such an expensive item to not be happy with them!
    Nwilcox09
  • Sounds like you have some great gadgets in mind! 

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?

• I'm really trying to focus on basics and necessities, but I did include this owl noise machine and night light that I think is really cute :).  
    http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=57536656&cp=2255957.2273443.3426509.12408930&parentPage=family
  • BumpTara said:

Sounds like you have some great gadgets in mind! 

Not really. Mine is all pretty standard stuff. I'd rather ask for and potentially get the things I really need instead of random items that may be neat but are probably not necessary.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • BumpTara said:

Sounds like you have some great gadgets in mind! 

Not really, We're team green so we have boy and girl items on it. I hope to have someone run to to store for us after we have baby and pick everything up!
  • We have just registered for the basics, as that is what we really need.
  • No not really I haven't put any special things on it yet or even clothes
  • edited June 2016
    Nwilcox09, I hope you get Sophie the Giraffe as a gift.  If not, she really is worth splurging for!
    Nwilcox09
  • It seems like you are putting together some wonderful registries!!

How do you pick what items to put on your registry?
  • My only unnecessary or surprising addition is my fancy wicker elephant hamper. I'm really in love with it though and I hope someone buys it!
    runnermom9
  • @nikkilovesjoel
    is it really? I've been trying to decide if it is or not. The reviews are either great or horrible. 
  • I choose what to put on my registry by thinking about what we really need and then researching the items by reading reviews, watching videos, and asking questions on internet forums if I'm still not sure which item is best.  I have to admit that price usually does matter, but if something receives rave reviews but is expensive, I do look into it.  Sometimes, you get what you pay for.
  • BumpTara said:
    It seems like you are putting together some wonderful registries!!

I started with the BRU checklist, then talked to other moms and checked out reviews online. There's a lot of stuff on the checklist I didn't feel was actually necessary and I wanted to stick to the necessities (e.g. no wipes or bottle warmers for us) so talking to BTDT moms was helpful to know what they actually used with their own babies.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • BumpTara said:

I started my registry by looking at what friends who recently had babies put on their registries. I definitely did some research on the bigger items. Online reviews have been a big help because it can be overwhelming in the store. 
  • Nwilcox09, it has been a lifesaver with my nephews, and I have talked to many other moms who love theirs as well.  In fact, I guess I haven't talked to a mom whose child hasn't liked it.  I know that other brands have tried to make knock-offs in other animal shapes that are much cheaper, but the part my nephews seem to really like is the pointy ears.  Something about how they fit in the baby's mouth is different than the elephant/cow versions that are available.
    Nwilcox09
  • Do you find it helpful to be in store though, to test out the items? 
  • BumpTara said:

I pick needs and some wants! I have a lot left from my daughter so I'm holding onto things until I find out if we're having a boy or girl. (We have a pink flower stroller/pack n play/car seat) so if we have a boy we'll get the other items off the registry!
  • We picked what to put on the registry from intensive online researching. I started with lists like BRU and narrowed it down to what I think we'll need. We don't travel, so no travel crib. But our house is 2 stories so we want a changing station on both floors. Love reading reviews!
    I started online then went to the store to see things in person. Still having a hard time deciding what stroller and car seat I want, but otherwise it was helpful to double check the things I added from online while in the store.

For example, I had the Ubbi diaper pail on my list, but after I saw it in store I decided it wasn't worth $80 and I'll just buy a regular stainless trash can.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    Yep, a mix of online research and going to the store has been helpful. Some things, like sheets, I just want to touch and feel before deciding. 
  • bumptarabumptara admin
    Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited June 2016

Hearing about your registries is so fun!

Thanks for joining, Bumpies! We hope you had a great time

And a huge thank you to Babies"R"Us for making this party possible!

Congratulations to our winners!

- $100 Babies"R"Us Gift Card: @AndreaM924 ;

- $100 Babies"R"Us Gift Card: @MissBuffalo

-Summer Infant Sharp View HD Video Baby Monitor: @DanyTargaryen

Winners will be notified early next week via email with information about how to redeem their prizes. Congrats again!

Nwilcox09
2»
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards