September 2015 Moms

What do you do for energy?

Im feeling way run-down. Lethargic and so tired. Caffeine and sugar backfire and make me feel worse after their effects wear off. Naps are very hit or miss and I don't have the time. Workouts do help but I'm too tired and lethargic to even make myself do them. I don't take a multi vitamin, perhaps o should. I find myself counting down the minutes till LO goes down for a nap just so I can collapse in the nearest chair and zone out. Who else feels this way?
CraftyMommy14

Re: What do you do for energy?

• I felt that way a few months back. I went to the doctor and it turns out I was very anemic. I don't eat red meat, so that didn't surprise me. But I started taking a multivitamin and it was like a miracle pill! I noticed a difference in about a week. 
    CraftyMommy14
  • I feel so run down too lately. My kids have been sick and I just need a break, but no one will help because they're too scared of catching something from us. I've been hitting the caffeine lately and I don't find it's helping either. Thanks for this post, I need ideas too! I'm going to try multi vitamins.
  • Loading the player...
  • lap018lap018 member
    edited June 2016
    I had been feeling very fatigued lately as well, no matter how much sleep/caffeine whatever it was so tired! turns out, I'm pregnant again  :D
    ElleMF728CraftyMommy14booksandcleverness81RobsMrs77
  • I was feeling that way, and realized I wasn't taking time to eat properly. While the kids were eating I'd be cleaning or prepping the next meal, or making them something and then slumping in the couch with a coffee. I'm making sure to get a fruit or veg at every meal/snack, and get outside every day (even if just to check on the garden). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    LoveLee85ElleMF728CraftyMommy14mirandaed
  • I was feeling that way, and realized I wasn't taking time to eat properly. While the kids were eating I'd be cleaning or prepping the next meal, or making them something and then slumping in the couch with a coffee. I'm making sure to get a fruit or veg at every meal/snack, and get outside every day (even if just to check on the garden). 
    This was me! Coffee and no food. What a grump I was. Now I buy the little kid snacks of pre sliced apples and carrots. Grab and eat as I feed LO. Veggies and fruit and water water water!!! 
    CraftyMommy14
  • I just ordered isagenix.  My friends who have done it all said what natural energy you get.  I'm at the point where 3 cups of coffee just makes me anxious but doesn't give me more energy.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CraftyMommy14
  • Do you have a few mins to make a green smoothie? Kale or spinach, yogurt, any kind of fruit, some ground flax seed, a bit of water and ice and you're good to go. I feel if I'm drinking something cold and healthy it gives me a boost. 
    CraftyMommy14
  • I make sure to rest when lo is resting, but there are definately days where I am just waiting for that next nap too. I also avoid caffiene since it makes it hard for me to sleep. And I take half a unisom before bed since I have trouble falling back asleep with the overnight wakings. 
    CraftyMommy14
  • I'm feeling very tired, run down, headaches, extreme fatigue. I think I just need to eat better, my diet is horrible and I don't exercise because I'm tired and I'm tired because of my horrible diet and lack of exercise. That and I haven't slept more than five hours in a row in almost a year. So I'm trying to eat better now and cut out sugar, hopefully that helps.
  • @chelseajeanene Yum! Those sound amazing! Definitely going to be baking some, thanks!!
  • @lmbrandt you're welcome! They're so addicting that the second I run out I have to make more!
  • I was feeling exhausted and my doctor ended up ordering some bloodwork. It turned out I had an extreme deficiency of vitamin D. I'm now taking a heavy dose of vitamin D (prescription) and feeling much better already. If you are feeling tired have your doctor check your levels of vitamin D and iron. One may be the culprit! Hope this helps...
  • High protein diet. 
  • @laurapaine2003@yahoo.com how are you doing? I hope you're feeling a bit better this week!  <3