Pregnant after a Loss

Intro and advice requested

So I've been lurking on this board a bit for awhile - before I got my BFP - because I wanted to get a sense of how y'all handled the added anxiety that is associated with PGAL. But unfortunately all your tips and tricks and support has flown my mind. Plus I'd like to introduce myself, I'm not sure how I feel about my BMB yet, and I miss my TTCAL group a bit already - y'all seem like a good supportive bunch. I would wait for a check in thread but the trend seems to be individual threads, I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of line by starting a new discussion.

This is my second BFP, we got our first at the start of December but had a MC over Christmas at about 7 weeks. We started trying again but I think it took awhile for my hormones to regulate. I tested at 16/17 DPO yesterday and got a really strong (fast) positive on a flat handled FRER yesterday. Based on temping and CM I think I'm at about 4 weeks 4 days. I'm nervous - not debilitatingly so, but still more than DH would like. I've got an appointment with my GP on Wednesday and will be calling tomorrow to update the reasons why I'm coming in and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for things that I could ask to be checked - especially if there was some reasoning backing it up. I love my GP but I do think that she thinks I'm overly concerned given that I've only had one MC but it was the hardest thing I've ever been through. I was thinking of having 2-3 HCG draws and maybe my progesterone checked. Then an early ultrasound, say around 7 weeks (she agreed to that in the past I think - she realizes that with the loss I'll be a bit nervous and is willing to support me). I'd ask for a referral to an OBGYN but I'm moving from Canada to the US at the end of July so it doesn't make much sense. 
---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
Married: 07/2006
TTC: 10/2015
BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro and advice requested

• @catiecatp I am so with you on this. I got blood done so early my numbers are expected low and progesterone on the low range of normal and my wondfos aren't instantly dark so I went from being calm to convinced of another CP. I may request an extra set of blood work to feel better. I know extra u/s can help. I'm glad you have an appointment this week to talk to someone and get a reassuring plan 
  • @catiecatp I'm sorry I don't have any advice. I actually have my annual scheduled for Friday.  I'm hoping to get blood work to confirm. Sound I call and tell them I'm ku? I'm afraid they'll reschedule for later.  This is a new dr,  never seen her before.  I hate my old dr. Sorry for hijacking your post,  but thought it was similar enough I didn't want to start my own. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Loading the player...
  • @coonmom - hijack away, I'm not offended at all. I'm calling because my BFF works in my doctors office and my doctor is her older sister - she thinks it will be helpful for them because they'll take a few different measurements (likely blood pressure and peeing in a cup at the very least). BFF figures it isn't absolutely necessary but since it will help her day go more smoothly I'll call. which reminds me, I haven't called yet.

But you could also just notify them when you check in. That way they wouldn't reschedule on you but they'd maybe take a few of the measurements? 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats on your BFP and welcome!!  I think your plan for 2-3 hcg checks and an ultrasound around 7 weeks sounds good. That's pretty much what my action plan has always been. (3 losses, 2 living children and almost due with #3). My only advice would be to not get the ultrasound done any sooner than 7 weeks. I've gone twice now before 7 and both times it showed basically an empty sac measuring waaaay behind. I cried for practically the entire weeks wait for the follow up ultrasounds and they both then showed babies right on track with strong hb. If I'd just waited in the first place I would've saved myself a week of torture. Good luck!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats! I think asking for hcg and progesterone checks is totally reasonable. And then an ultrasound around 7-8 weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Welcome and congrats!  I wish I had more advice, but unfortunately our situations were different (I had an ectopic) so obviously what my doctor wanted to do was probably slightly different.  I do think that the HCG checks can be reassuring early on if they rise well.  I know some doctors disagree on whether or not progesterone is worth checking/supplementing, but it doesn't hurt to ask to have it checked.  An early ultrasound is reasonable for both reassurance and dating.  Keep us updated!
  • Welcome! I think a few blood draws and a 7 week ultrasound is perfectly reasonable - that's exactly what I did! I hope your doctor is amenable and fx for  a H&H 9 months! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• UPDATE: the plan is HCG and progesterone plus other standard prenatal stuff as soon as I can get an appointment (currently Monday) - plus an ultrasound between 7-8 weeks. Then we'll also do a nuchal translucency on the early end of the timing window so I can get it done before we move to the US (also because the move will happen around week 12 and finding an OB/GYN and scheduling the ultrasound the first week in a new city is crazy pants). And we'll also do the prenatal physical that is normally at 12 weeks a bit early - because again, health care we don't have to pay out of pocket for...

Pregnancy Ticker