October 2015 Moms

When Mom isn't a fan of feeding solids

I know it's not about me anymore, but I feel guilty that I am not fully invested in feeding LO solids. At almost 8 months, I only occasionally feed him a mix of purees and finger foods. I just find it so time consuming and messy. The prep, the time spent feeding (which is the only fun part), cleaning his face and hands, cleaning his bib and clothes, cleaning his tray and chair, cleaning the floor, then the dishes is so time consuming and just adds more chores to my already busy day. I am ashamed to feel this way because while I do enjoy seeing his expression at trying new things, some days, I am so tired I can't even be bothered to feed him anything besides my breast milk. Am I alone in this feeling?

Re: When Mom isn't a fan of feeding solids

• I'm a little bit this way. I have dad feed most of the solids. Then he's in charge of clean up. But if I'm doing it and it's a messy item, she gets naked and then a bath after. I'm also so lazy I put the mini highchair thing in the tub after and spray it clean. 
  • I feel the same way when it comes to messy foods. Then I just remind myself food is for fun until they're one and I don't feel so bad lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • chein1chein1 member
    You're not alone! I was so into it with DD1, but it just adds to the dinner time rush and stress this time around. Honestly, DD1's mood totally dictates whether DD2 gets food or not. Sorry not sorry! My mom watches her during the day and loves feeding her so at least she gets breakfast during the week haha!!