Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Intro & Hello

Hi Everyone.

New to this forum.  I'm a Mom of one DS who is turning 4 this month, lost my DD Lily at 37wks in December 2014 due to blood clots in my placenta.  I'm currently 23w6d along with my rainbow and feeling incredibly anxious about pretty much everything but trying to stay positive.  The things I have read so far on this forum are already striking a cord with me and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

So my big question - how is everyone dealing with the worry on a daily basis, I'm thankfully feeling movement already with this little one but after my experience with Lily I can't help but panic every time she doesn't move as much as I would like.  I know it's early but I just can't seem to turn off the anxiety!
DS born 06/20/2012
DD born sleeping 12/17/2014
Pregnant with EDD of 09/28/2016

Re: Intro & Hello

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your past experience. Big hugs to you! I hope you find good ways to manage your anxiety and FX for a stress-free final few months. Prayers that your LO remains healthy!  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've found that having a Doppler I can use at home helps ease my anxiety. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your little Lily and the pain it caused losing her. I hope everything goes great with this pregnancy and that you're able to enjoy it! Although that's easier said than done.

I second the doppler... we got one at close to 9 weeks so I could listen to baby and it helps so much! I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow and feel her moving all the time but there are always those quiet moments that freak me out so I just pull out the doppler and drink some juice and wait until she starts wiggling away again.

PGAL brain is the pits and a lot of people don't get how we will never have a carefree pregnancy again, but we're here for support when you need it!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your little one and I am sorry for your previous loss. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I will have to go doppler shopping!
    DS born 06/20/2012

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a daughter in September at 31 weeks. I too get worried when I don't feel much baby movement. Having a Doppler has really helped calm my nerves.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Does anyone have any brand recommendations on the doppler?  I'll search through the forum and check as well!
    DS born 06/20/2012

• Options
    I have an AngelSounds brand Doppler.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I thought mine was called sonoline b but when I looked it up on Amazon it looks exactly like one called the coybely pocket Doppler. 
    BabyFetus Ticker