July 2015 Moms

Excited but bummed...

so I'm at work and I get a call from DH. LO took his first steps!!! I was Excited, of course, but felt bummed because I wasn't there. He didn't record it because it was unexpected. 

Anyone else have a moment like this??

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Excited but bummed...

• n3na94n3na94 member
    Oh no mama!  I'm so sorry! I know it might seem frustrated but think of it like this, she will do it again when you are there, and that will be her first time with you there! And maybe she will even do it better than the last time mama so don't worry!! :wink: 
  • Aw, I'm sorry you weren't there. Was it finger-walking or unaided? And don't worry, there will be lots more firsts throughout his life that you will be able to see.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh I know how you feel! My LO started crawling at my parents while I was at work. They sent me a video and bawled like a baby. So happy but yet I was so sad I missed it. However, she crawled to a phone. I was the first one she crawled to when I got home! A friend told me something that stuck with me and I try to remember this..."it truly takes a village to raise kids so let other people enjoy the "firsts" too". It really helped me on things I always want to be the first with. 
  • kyrenora said:
    Aw, I'm sorry you weren't there. Was it finger-walking or unaided? And don't worry, there will be lots more firsts throughout his life that you will be able to see.
    Unaided! He's been finger walking and cruising for awhile now so I knew it could be any day. Funny because I was going to call in sick that day, too! Listen to "mommy instincts" right?! Lol

Thanks... It's true! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited June 2016
    Ugh I know how you feel! My LO started crawling at my parents while I was at work. They sent me a video and bawled like a baby. So happy but yet I was so sad I missed it. However, she crawled to a phone. I was the first one she crawled to when I got home! A friend told me something that stuck with me and I try to remember this..."it truly takes a village to raise kids so let other people enjoy the "firsts" too". It really helped me on things I always want to be the first with. 
    Aw...I'm sorry you weren't there for her first crawl but glad you got to see it on video! And that's awesome she crawled to you first! I got lucky-my DH and I were both playing with LO on the floor when he started crawling forward and that was really special!

Thanks... That really does help!!!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• DH and I are taking an weekend trip in a couple of weeks, and I'm slightly afraid that Bubs take his first steps while he's with my parents! He's been cruising and finger walking for a while now, so I know it's coming (he hasn't figured out how to balance yet...we still face plant pretty regularly, haha). I already feel like I miss out on a ton of stuff while he's at daycare. But, like PP said, it really does take a village, so it's okay (but still a little disappointing) that other people get to experience those firsts as well.