Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday!

2»

Re: WTO Thursday!

• Options
    Cycle: NA

CD: 33

WAYDTGKU: charting and hoping for AF (never ever thought I'd say that)

R/R/CS
    : I am debating going back on BC for our honeymoon since we will be gone for two weeks and I don't wanna deal with AF in a bathing suit for that long. We won't be TTC until after the exposure "safe window" and I'm praying we don't get bitten. I'm nervous about going back on BCP since I'm apparently still trying to become regular after 6 months off. My hair has been falling out like crazy and is finally slowing down. Not sure if I should call and ask the gyn or wait until my annual at the end of the month. Suggestions are welcome!

GTKY: Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, only child? How do you feel about it?

I am the oldest of 5 girls. I'm 34 minutes older than my twin. I definitely feel like the mother of the group except they have all gotten pregnant before me. I like having a big family, but more people = more drama!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Cycle: 17

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    OPK, CM, and just started temping

R/R/CS: 
    If anyone could please take a look at my chart, I'd really appreciate the help! I just started temping and am wondering why it seems like there has already been a thermal shift before my OPK indicated peak, and why I'm still getting fertile CM. I realize I started the temping a bit late - could that be a reason as to why I think my baseline is lower? Thank you!
    (on mobile so very sorry if the sizing is off)

GTKY: 
    Youngest; I have an older sister and love it! We're far enough apart in age that we never really fought or competed, and she's just always done a lot for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @beary67 : I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

@mrsdee15 - Good luck with your HSG tomorrow! Like PPs have said, just keep breathing and take ibuprofen before you go. Be sure to either accept the pads they offer, or try to bring your own! Also...tell DH is was horrible and that you need to be pampered afterwards!

Cycle: 9/10

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Femara, trigger shot when the time comes, and timed intercourse

R/R/CS: Started Femara last night. It wasn't too bad. I had some dizziness and hot flashes, but neither were very bad. I'm also not sure if the dizziness was from the Femara or if it is because I'm exhausted. I've been helping out a friend with the overnight care of her week-old twins. They've all been struggling, so I've been staying up all night. Hopefully they get into a groove soon so I can start temping again.

GTKY: Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, only child? How do you feel about it?
    I'm the younger of two kids. I have an older brother. I have a love/hate relationship with it. My parents are way over-protective with me, but at the same time, I had more opportunities that my brother did because my parents made better money. When my brother was in high school, he played sports and had a job after school and over the summer. If he wanted something, he paid for it. When I was in high school, I had a job, but I couldn't work very often because I had music and/or theatre rehearsals. My parents helped me out a lot more than they helped him. However, he also had a lot more freedom than I had. 
  • Options
    @beary67 Thank you so much for looking at my chart and for your feedback! I really appreciate it. I will start putting down my CM even though I'm confused by it. TMI Warning: Yesterday morning, I had EW CM with about 1" stretch. I though "woohoo", but then checked again later in the day and there was almost nothing, and what was there would probably be classified as slippery. So if you were me, what would you put down on your chart?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    stephy_p said:
    @beary67 Thank you so much for looking at my chart and for your feedback! I really appreciate it. I will start putting down my CM even though I'm confused by it. TMI Warning: Yesterday morning, I had EW CM with about 1" stretch. I though "woohoo", but then checked again later in the day and there was almost nothing, and what was there would probably be classified as slippery. So if you were me, what would you put down on your chart?
    Sorry to butt in, but @stephy_p - you would add the most fertile CM you have for the day. Even if you don't get much EWCM, and then have tons of creamy CM, you would put the EWCM for the day. :)
  • Options
    @stephy_p CM can come in "patches" so just put your most fertile CM for the day.  
  • Options
    @doctordonna no apologies needed!
    @doctordonna & @housewifehobbyistThank you so much. I feel so dumb sometimes with this fertility stuff. ;)

I will stop hijacking this thread now.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
     @trufflies  I think it is still too early to tell what is going on and you don't really have that much data yet. I would keep temping and see what happens. I personally get fertile type CM at different times during my cycle, sometimes so I wouldn't get too worried. Also, wouldn't call it a shift in temps yet, because you don't have enough temps to confirm. 

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• Options
    @trufflies You definitely don't have enough temps to know if you had a thermal shift yet. My temperature normally jumps around at least that much before I ovulate, but I have always been able to easily detect ovulation. So, that could have been a shift, or just normal variation. You just need to keep temping to see. And definitely keep HIO. Good luck! 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cycle: 11/9

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: all the usual

R/R/CSI had a temp spike this morning, so I'm pretty confident I ovulated yesterday! I'm waiting for a couple more temps to confirm, but I'm super excited that my shift seems to coincide with the peak OPK on Tuesday. Yay for bodies doing what they're supposed to do!

GTKYI'm the oldest of two; I have a younger brother who is a year and a half younger than me. I guess I'm fine being the oldest, but I definitely feel like he had it much easier than I did. My parents still help him occasionally, but he also has two kids and is just recently getting his life on track. Overall, he and I have a great relationship, we just live too far away to see each other much. 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Cycle:  9/9 

CD: 6 

WAYDTGKU: just pnv's, vit D and baby aspirin right now. 

R/R/CS: had my ultrasound of my uterus today. I don't find out results until doctor calls me but the techs change in demeanor from beginning of appt and during the US gives me an uneasy feeling but I'm trying not to stress until I know there is something to stress about. Praying doctor reviews results and calls me ASAP. HSG tomorrow so looking forward to getting that over with! 

well...I guess I'm technically a middle child? I'm the 2nd of either 8 or 10 depending on how you look at it.  I'm the 2nd of the original 8 and then my dad remarried and I have a 3 year old brother and an 11 month old brother. I often forget I'm their sister so generally say I'm 2nd oldest of 8.  I'm ok with it. I never felt i had "middle child" syndrome because our house was like grand central station with all of us and friends so it's not like anyone was getting anymore attention than the others.  That being said - I think my parent were nuts hahahaha God bless them because I know I for sure couldn't handle 8 kids! (6 girls, 2 boys)
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    Welcome back @MrsBinPA !!!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    MrsBinPA said:
    WAYDTGKU: 100mg clomid CD 2-6, OPK, PNV

I'm super intrigued about you taking Clomid on CDs 2 - 6.  I was CDs 5 - 9 for 5 months and then this month they switched me to CDs 3 - 7.  Any insight as to why those days from your doctor?
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Options
    Cycle: 4

CD: 33

WAYDTGKU: Clomid 150mg CD 5-9

R/R/CS: Doctor called today and told me "it looks like you have an ovulatory cycle, so let us know when your next cycle starts and we'll try this same dose again." The thing is, I disagree. At least, I disagree that I ovulated with the information I gave him. I am feeling somewhat confident that I o'd on the CD 31 because I had EWCM and the last 2 days I've been dry. And my temp has started to climb. He only had information for up to CD 30. I'm afraid of getting my hopes up but I really think this might be it, I might have really o'd this time. I'm waiting on a few more temps to confirm. I wish that I had taken an OPK test but I was out of them . :'( If I did O, my timing would be -1 and 0. That would be wonderful.

GTKY: There are four children in my family, but there is only one boy and three girls. I am the middle daughter. I'm totally alright being the middle kid. I did get a bit of the neglect and middle child syndrome, but I like being equally distant in age from my sisters and I'm sort of the peace maker at times. It taught me a lot of skills; patience, diplomacy, a few survival instincts. I like it.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• Options
    @Marley629 hopefully everything was ok!  Do you know when you should get a call?  Also, good luck with the HSG tomorrow! 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @Marley629!  I hope everything is okay with your ultrasound!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Marley629 FX for good news!!!
    @MrsBinPA Oh dear Lord.  Thank goodness for being in capable hands! ((hugs))
  • Options
    Thank you @beary67 @mrsdee15 & @BusinessWife   The tech said the doctor will get back to me in a "couple days". The wait over the weekend will be torture so I'm hoping she calls by tomorrow.  

@mrsdee15   We are in this together tomorrow!! Hope all goes well 

@MrsBinPA   Welcome back!!!  FX for you this cycle 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    leekat14leekat14 member
    edited June 2016
    Late to the game and OPK question below

Cycle: 7/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: lots

R/R/CS: so got my positive OPK thus afternoon ...how many more days of sexy time would be ideal? We've had the best timing ever and I'm not complaining but I wouldn't mind there was no more for a while :)

Only child and as I get older I wish I had help with my parents 

Edit for words
  • Options
    krys-2krys-2 member
    @leekat14  if you say the positive today, you'll probably ovulate today or tomorrow depending on timing...so I'd say through tomorrow to cover your bases. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 35  
    Met: 2003
    Married: 2005
    TTC #1: May 2016
  • Options
    @leekat14 So on average most people O 24-36 hours after a positive OPK, however I've read some people don't O until 72 hours after positive OPK, but DH and I generally HIO the day of positive OPK and the two days after to be safe unless a temp shift indicates I O'd sooner then we take a much deserved break.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrsstuessy  I've had some weirdly high temps this week too, I assumed it was my body getting used to the warmer weather. 

ahrains The oldest always has it the hardest ;)

Cycle: 2/2 (+2 not charting)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: temping

R/R/CSplaying the waiting game...my temps during at the end of my period were all over the place this month, they just now settle out in the last few days. I also thought it could be the weather, its finally gotten warm here and I've been tossing and turning getting used to the heat while sleeping. 

I'm the oldest of three. I love little siblings, but it's a lot of pressure sometimes to be a good example. 

• Options
    Krys said:
    @leekat14  if you say the positive today, you'll probably ovulate today or tomorrow depending on timing...so I'd say through tomorrow to cover your bases. 
    @krys and @MrsDramaK  Thank you!  I figured that's the answer I would get.  Just trying to keep the momentum since we are finally having sex.  Usually I get to this point and have given up on the cycle being 'the one.'
  • Options
    @leekat14 Last cycle I got a positive OPK in the evening of CD 17 and another positive the morning of CD 18 and I O'ed on CD 20. So, keep testing as well. And ideally I would have HIO the next 3 days after the positive to have perfect timing. So, keep going. ;) 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cycle: 2/2

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CM, PNV+ DHA, HIO during FW

R/R/CS: Looks like today is O! Moving over to TWW tomorrow. CD 19 instead of 21/22 so I'm excited.

GTKY: Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, only child? How do you feel about it? I'm the youngest, however my brother often refers to me as his older sister. I like being the youngest, yet the most responsible one.
  • Options
    <span class="vanilla-mention-@">@trufflies </span>I like the FertiliTea just fine, but it hasn't gotten me pregnant yet!  lol