December 2016 Moms

Moms of Multiples 5.31.16

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Are you showing yet?  

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)?  Any guesses?

Any nursery ideas?  Extra points for sharing photos!

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: Moms of Multiples 5.31.16

• DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited May 2016
    How far along are you?  12 w tomorrow with babies measuring 5 days ahead in size.

How are you feeling?  Like I flipped a switch this weekend.  Saturday I had a ton or energy but still severe nausea.  Sunday no energy but less nausea.  Monday and today I've felt much less tired and almost have a normal appetite again.  

Are you showing yet?  Yup. 

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)?  Any guesses?  I'm not doing any of the fancy ones.  Just the NIPT blood work and my NT scan, both of which happen next week.  

Any nursery ideas?  Extra points for sharing photos!  I really want to wait to see what we're having.  I like color in kids rooms so if it's G/G or B/B I would want something very different than B/G.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Anyone have their Syncronicity scan yet?  I have that and my NT next Wednesday.  I'm part of a FB moms of twins group and quite a few said they could make guesses on sex this early and were right.  I know nothing is a sure bet but it would help my type A personality to have an educated guess on these babies!

I posted on another thread today that I definitely felt the babies (baby) this weekend.  It was rolling as if they were rolling around or changing who was up high/low.  Very strange compared to my first flutters with DS.  Anyone else?

Pregnancy Ticker     

• TollerToller member
    How far along are you? 9w4d (I feel sooooooo behind everyone on this board!!!)

How are you feeling? eh- fine. Tired. some nausea. lazy.
    Are you showing yet?  just blump, no real "baby" showing yet but stomach is sticking out so much I had to go out and buy more flowy shirts...(2nd baby for me) so as not to be too obvious at work....

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)?  Any guesses? they're too bitty to guess yet!

Any nursery ideas?  Extra points for sharing photos! pff- i was slow on this with my first... these kids will be lucky to have cribs!! Esp if I can't go back to work.....no $$ for a fancy nursery!

Rant/Rave/Questions? @DiFazette I know I asked you before about the syncronicity testing but I lost the thread... what is this? I haven't seen my actual OB yet (only my fertility doc) so i have no idea how this all goes.

I'm trying to follow somewhat of Dr. Luke's weight gain advice (waiting for her book to arrive!), but haven't gained anything yet. It seems the key to healthy birthweight is weight gain for momma! (which I'm not looking forward to as being pregnant makes me blah to all food the whole time) DD was already born smaller at 40 weeks (6 lbs 6oz) so I'm really scared of these babies coming in small since they'll have to be out at least 2 weeks earlier!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks 

How are you feeling? much better, nausea and morning sickness are subsiding which is amazing :)

Are you showing yet?  Yeah I think so, the bloat doesn't go away anymore in the mornings. 

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)?  Any guesses? I have my 12 week appointment next week but I don't think we're doing any of the fancy testing. I think 2 girls or 1 boy/1girl 

Any nursery ideas?  Extra points for sharing photos! We built a new house last year and bought wayyy to much paint- Sherwin Williams Repose Gray, so I think that's going to be the nursery color as well. I figure I'll add some framed art to make it more nursery-like. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

Is anyone petrified of what a twin pregnancy will do to your body? I had a freak out the other day about how big I will possibly get - I know it's shallow and obviously I care 100% only about the babies being healthy...but I still worry if I'll ever be able to wear a two piece again :blush: 

Another question for you ladies, are you exercising as much as you would like? I am so nervous to do anything right now but now that I'm feeling less sick, I think I'm going to take up treadmill walking and some light aerobics soon.  
    4/15/16: Beta 379, 4/18/16: Beta 1358! 
    5/2/16: 2 heartbeats  <3  <3
    5/11/16: Baby A hb180, Baby B hb166 

Due 12/22/16 with two! 

• How far along are you? 12 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? I'm actually, finally, starting to feel almost normal. A lot less tired than I have been!

Are you showing yet?  Yup. Maybe not to others, but DH and I can tell lol.

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)?  Any guesses? Not doing genetic testing, and only had one ultrasound so far. My next is next Friday! But I'm guessing it's either two boys, or a boy and a girl...I don't think it's two girls though.

Any nursery ideas?  Extra points for sharing photos! I want to throw some Harry Potter in there somehow! But right now the babies room is still occupied -_- so I haven't done anything.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I hate this point where I can't feel them moving, and I've only had one ultrasound. I'm hoping I feel less worried after I see them again next week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Toller02 - the Syncronicity scan determines (unequivocally) the type of twin pregnancy you have.  I've had 4 U/S now and they are all 99% sure I'm Di-Di (2 sacs, 2 placentas).  Apparently they do this scan to be sure since other types are much higher risk and need extra testing/monitoring.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• TollerToller member
    @DiFazette ahh....mine were clearly di-di (and we transferred 2 embryos). Yes the others are much higher risk- I had a small sense of relief to be di-di. Though identicals are so cute :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DiFazette you've had 4 ultrasounds!? I've only had one lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsstarski86 I worry about how big I'll get, but only in terms of like, am I going to be able to drive myself to work? Or do anything?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited June 2016
    @Toller02 - I know nothing about IUI/ IVF or if they can confirm both took, but Di-Di on its own is not an indicator of fraternal/identical.  There's a 30% chance with a Di-Di pregnancy of being identical  because the single fertilized egg can split and implant separately even though it's the same egg/sperm.  Of course not the case with B/G twins.  It's super clear from my 4 u/s that I'm Di-Di too, so I don't know the necessity of this scan, but whatever!  

@brittnic86 - yeah, my first I measured behind so they brought me back a week later to check for viability where we learned we were having twins!  That was sure a shock after only seeing one baby a week prior.  I had one at 8 weeks and another at 10 weeks.  I have no problem with the extra attention.  I had a life threatening PG with DS so I'm relieved to have extra monitoring.  Early intervention is key!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @sonomama14 - any insight in these Syncronicity scans?  My doc made it seem like standard care, but nobody else is getting one.  Can you drop some knowledge on this?

Pregnancy Ticker     

• TollerToller member
    @mrsstarski86 I worry about this too. I've already been okay in one pieces :) but my BFF who had twins 2 years ago told me to start putting bio oil/whatever on your stomach WAY before you think you need to... I'm only 5'3" with a short torso... so it's not looking good!

@britnic86... i also worry about driving!!!!!!! will I be able to reach the wheel?! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DiFazette ah, well that's not good about your last pregnancy =/ But I wouldn't mind the extra attention either!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks as of 5/31

How are you feeling? Really good. Haven't had any sickness for 2 weeks now. Cravings are starting - ceased salad and cheese and crackers and meatball subs. I am starting to get dizzy at times and have to lay down so thats no fun

Are you showing yet?  Yes! I have been since about 7 weeks. I am all belly. 

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)?  Any guesses? I know my twins are fraternal. They said I dropped two eggs. I feel like I have at least one boy....I would love two boys 

Any nursery ideas?  Extra points for sharing photos! My husband is a huge fishing and hunting guy....we live in rural west Virginia so we are doing a fishing/woodland theme. I found a ton of stuff on etsy and amazon. I am just waiting to see what we are having for color scheme but it will probably be tans and light sage green. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Anyone else feel their babies? I can feel like a glide across my stomach at times and then my stomach will get hard in different spots through out the day. It makes me smile all day but part of me thinks its crazy cause its so early but it doesn't feel like gas or anything. It really does feel like baby movement. 
  • I have had 3 ultrasounds thus far and the first thing they did at my 6 weeks was scan was determine what type of twins I was having so maybe its per doctor/hospital if they scan for that right away. 

I am stressing About breast feeding two babies and the great debate has started on weather or not we are going to let the twins share a crib. Any opinons?
  • Well I apologize I may have been confusing people - the ultrasound is called a chorionicity scan (my phone keeps changing the spelling so sorry if it's wrong).  I've been calling it a Syncronicity - must have misheard/misunderstood.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• sonomama14sonomama14 member
    edited June 2016
    @DiFazette I actually work in a hospital that's connected to a L&D/outpatient facility, so typically I don't see too many twin pregnancies, unless they are in the 3rd tri about to deliver and the docs want to know baby's position or look at placenta at the last minute, etc. Usually the OBGYN's will send the patients straight to MFM if they are twins, but not always. In the cases where I am the first one to discover the twins, It is 95% of the time easy to tell the chorionicity of the babies. If it's still too early to tell, they sometimes have them come back to us to re-check. But I've never actually heard or seen anyone be scheduled just to figure out the chorionicity though? Maybe each doc is different, but to me that seems a little odd, cause it's typically pretty obvious on any first trimester ultrasound. If it is anything less than DI-DI though, then I totally understand the need for more ultrasounds because of the higher risk.
    Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @sonomama14 - thanks for your insight. I'll have to ask.  3 ultrasounds so far (the first we couldn't see 2) that we could see the twins and it's quite clear they are Di-Di.  Maybe it's more of a get to know your MFM and have an U/S with them type of deal.  Who knows.  They said the separation between my two was 'nice and thick'. Just goes to show how different a similar pregnancy can be!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @DiFazette You're welcome! That makes total sense then why you had 3 if they couldn't see if the first 2 times! And that's great to hear that they are definitely DI-DI! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker   
  • How far along are you? 8 weeks 5 days

How are you feeling? less than stellar!! Pretty much neasus all the time. And I dry heave A LOT which is horrible! 

Are you showing yet? Technically no, but the bloat is no joke! Pants with buttons are quickly becoming a thing of my past!

Any idea what you're having yet from genetic tests (they can confirm 1 boy present or 2 girls)? Any guesses? No genetic test yet, hopefully in a few feels. I'm hoping for one of each since this will most likely be it for us, but will obviously be happy with anything!

Any nursery ideas? Extra points for sharing photos! 
    I have a Pinterest board with all kinds of ideas, but nothing solid until we know the genders. We just built a new house so the room we are using for he nursery is a blank canvas!! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Can time move ANY slower? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlinke926 - hey girl!  Welcome to December.  The majority of us are probably having our babies in November but you can sit with us!  I (or someone here) will post this thread each week.  I'd love this to become a running weekly resource of questions/answers as we get further along.  I'm sure we'll have more appts and results coming soon and will want to compare notes.  

And everyone - I have a hard time coming up with good questions - please add your own/throw things out there.  Y'all may worry/know about stuff I never even thought of!  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• jazzminleejazzminlee member
    edited June 2016
    Any one having trouble gaining weight? I lost 10 pounds the to morning sickness (per my 10 week appointment) just got weighed today at my primary doc (daughter shared her funk she had this week) and I haven't gained anything. Not sure of I should be worried. I do feel like maybe I am not getting enough calories but I also dont crave anything super fatty....mostly salad and veggies. I dont see doc again till June 20th. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed any issue with weight. I was shocked because I can't even fit my regular jeans anymore but I guess I am all belly at this point 
  • TollerToller member
    @jazzminleeI haven't really been watching my weight (not been to my Reg OB yet- weighing at home I don't think I've gained yet), but I've really been trying to pack in the protein and not eat empty calories. Dr. Luke advises to gain 20lbs by 20 weeks (YIKES!!!!) but I'm not sure if she says that because it can be harder to gain weight later?? I've read some pretty convincing studies (for twins) that said the most important weight gain period is between 20-28 weeks.... (I work in research at a Children's hospital, so I tend to look for specific research for justification)

I ordered Dr. Luke's book "When you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads" and it should arrive soon. I didn't order any books with DD, but I'm terrified of having early term/low weight babies, so I want to do everything possible to help avoid it..... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am worried about not enough protein. The regular doctor I saw didn't seem too concerned since I haven't lost anymore and I did have horrible morning sickness. I just have no appetite and when I do eat its a few bites and I feel full. 
  • TollerToller member
    maybe a protein shake would be the way to go for you until you get an appetite?

Pregnancy Ticker