January 2017 Moms
Options

Surprise of a lifetime!!

Hi gals! I've been trying to post here more, but working in daycare and chasing a rowdy 2 year old while trying to also exist is hard, lol! I thought I'd share a little story that happened to me last week though! 

I do have a son already, but lost my first pregnancy before I got lucky with him. As many folks on here can understand, I'm certainly a little edgy and paranoid for that 12 week mark this time around as well. Last week, I started having some spotting, which turned into real bleeding, and so of course I thought I was miscarrying again, since it was exactly like the first time it had happened. I was devastated of course, but resigned myself to the fact, and my wonderful sister (who has an unusual talent for cheering people up) took me in for the ultrasound to make sure things were 'moving along', and stuff. 

Here I was, 101% expecting the bad news, when I noticed that the ultrasound technician kept smiling at the screen (which was turned away from me). She turned the screen around so I could see, and there was my perfect little tiny 8 week baby, in the right place, the right size, and with a booming HEARTBEAT! I. Was. FLOORED. Based on what had been happening, I had been utterly convinced that the pregnancy was over. Imagine my surprise, when it was actually just the opposite!! My jaw must have hit the floor. Astonished. She said that everything looked okay to her, but that they'd have to have an expert look at the ultrasound images to figure out what the hell my mystery bleed was about! 

Fast forward a few days later, and the results were that there was a minor "subchorionic hematoma" bleed on the placenta.. basically a bruisey little pool of blood, which should absorb by itself and just go away. I haven't had any bleeding since the ultrasound day, so apparently, that's all it was!! WHAT!??! I'd never even heard of the term before, but apparently it isn't uncommon. 

Man! Of all the times to really really need a drink but not be able to have one!! ;-D 

Re: Surprise of a lifetime!!

• Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    Congrats. Make sure to join us over on the weekly PGAL thread. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options

Yay!! That is so exciting! I'm so glad!

:)

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So exciting!!! 
  • Options
    That's great news! Congratulations! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wonderful outcome to your appointment, what a relief!
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have the same thing. I had my first ultrasound last wed. They saw 2 sacks and one healthy little heart beat! I hadn't and still haven't experienced any spotting, and at first they thought the second sack was a vanishing twin. Which I must admit was heart breaking to think I might have lost the sibling to my little bean! However after a second ultrasound they confirmed it was a subchronic hematoma. My dr told me that 1% of women experience this and depending on its size the mom could be placed on bed rest. Mine is only 1cm so no restrictions! They did say however that i would have more ultrasounds until it clears up. I am happy to hear all worked out and you have a happy baby growing!!