September 2016 Moms
Options

Fainting

so i was just sitting on the toilet and then suddenly fainted. I'm home alone so I have no idea how long I was out. I remember the world getting fuzzy and then a sharp pain on the side of my head. Turns out that when I fainted, my head got wedged between the sink and the toilet. I'm fully conscious again and currently laying down on my left side with my feet up. I can feel baby squirming a little but I'm pretty sure he's ok. Anyone else have this happen to you?

Re: Fainting

• Options
    ThscaryThscary member
    I have not had this happen, but I would let your doctor know about it. Was the sharp pain you described before you fainted or from hitting your head? Also, if you were really straining on the toilet? It is possible that fainting can occur, but usually rare. Make sure you have a snack and drink plenty of fluids and definitely let the doctor know
  • Options
    Just called my doctor and she told me to go to triage and get checked out so off I go. The pain was definitely from the sink and not from before 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    Yikes! You did the right thing by calling your doctor. I hope all is well with you & baby!
  • Options
    Tippy05Tippy05 member
    Wow!  How scary!  Hope all is ok with you and baby.  Update us when can, and try to take it easy!!!
  • Options
    ThscaryThscary member
    Always best to follow up! Hopefully it is just minor 
  • Options
    Hope all is well! Let us know what they say.
  • Options
    Sorry that happened to you! Hope it was just a fluke thing, and all is well. Keep us updated.

• Options
    Hope you're OK! Glad you're getting checked out. With my last pregnancy, I did have a near black out, but I didn't faint completely. It was like I faded out to black for just a second and faded right back in. Docs said it was most likely a vasovagal reaction and that they're pretty common in pregnancy, but you should always get checked out if it happens! 
  • Options
    I was just going to say, sounds like a vasovagal reaction to me. Happens to my patients all the time, especially if they've been constipated. It's scary though for sure, I'm glad you're ok!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad everything is ok. I fainted while doing housework three weeks ago and fell on my belly so I was sent to L&D. Ive had issues with low blood pressure this pregnancy so obviously a different situation.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg