Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday!

BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
edited May 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
*PSA: Please keep this thread BFP-free so that TTGP-ers who are having a tough TTC day can still feel welcome here. If you have a BFP to share, check out the "TTGP Weekly Graduation" thread on the TTGP board or your BMB (Birth Month Board). Thanks!*
(Edit because I forgot the word "thread")

Now on to the goods:

Cycle

CD/DPO

Testing

Timing

R/R/CS

GTKY: If you had to describe yourself using a colour, what colour would you pick?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: TWW Tuesday!

• Loading the player...
  • @momtoleo here's hoping it looks up from here! 
    Married 08.09.2014  <3
    TTC # 1 since July 2015 
  • Cycle: 7/5

CD/DPO: 21/7

Testing: Maybe

Timing: -3, -1 (x2), 0, +1

R/R/CS: I'm back - I decided to take a break from bumping over the holiday weekend (for my sanity's sake). The not announcing BFP's thing - is that a new rule? I didn't see that PSA last week. So...it's just a board for BFN's, then?

GTKYIf you had to describe yourself using a colour, what colour would you pick?  green! it's my favorite color. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC Since: Nov. 2015
    Dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round I: BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round II: BFN
    Clomid+Ovidrel, Round III: BFP! 7/5/16

• @sammajane19  I think you can announce them - just in the Grad thread, not in here.

@momtoleo  Ugh dog vomit is the worst. I can handle poop and pee, but dog vomit I can't do - I make DH clean it up every time.

Cycle
    : 3/3

CD/DPO: 20/3 maybe?

Testing: None yet

Timing: -1, +1

R/R/CS: Not sure I should be here or if I need to head back to TWO. I had high temps this weekend, but my temp this AM was really low - like, the lowest it's been all month. It's a bit too early to say it's implantation dip - so idk. If I haven't O'd yet, it's pretty darn close so I guess I'll just stick around here :) I based my timing on the fact that I O'd this saturday.

GTKY: If you had to describe yourself using a colour, what colour would you pick?

Hmm - I don't know? Purple is my favorite color but I'm not sure it describes me all that well? I'm pretty cool and relaxed a lot of the time - not an overly 'warm' person, although I can be pretty passionate about certain things I feel strongly about. I would probably say something metallic like gold or silver.  :) 
  • SchumeratorSchumerator member
    edited May 2016
    @THowellEsq16Ombre pink, love that explanation!

@momtoleo there is nothing worse than your dog starting your day off on a shitty note. Well I'm sure there are much worse things but you know what I mean. My dogs love to knock over my trash can when I'm in the shower and I have to scramble and pick it all up before I walk out the door. They are just lovely sometimes.

***QUESTION IN R/R/CS***

Cycle: 4/4 ATTC

CD/DPO: 29/12

Testing: possibly Friday

Timing: -4

R/R/CS: temp dropped slightly but is still pretty high. But the drop makes me feel out and I'm annoyed that I let myself get my hopes up with such shitty timing. Arming myself with AF supplies at work so I don't get too pissed if she shows today.

Question: to those of you with different cycle lengths each cycle, do you rely solely on fertile CM to determine when to HIO and just hope that you're getting it right? Or are there other ways you feel like you know that O is coming, obviously besides temping confirmation in hind sight. Just curious as Im thinking about possibilities of AF not showing for the next few days but still getting a potential BFN.

This question is always hard for me, pink is my favorite color but I would never describe myself with the color pink. Maybe a color palette of grey and pink haha. I find myself to be a realist, but work really hard to be positive, it just doesn't come naturally to me. That was probably a bit much of an explanation but there you have it!
  • Month/cycle: 12/11

CD/DPO: 20/5

Timing: -5, -3, -1

Testing: Thursday. 

R/R/CS: Temp shot up to 98 degrees today. I'm usually 97.4-97.7 post o. But it's probably because it's hot out.

GTKY: Taupe. It's neutral, goes well with lots of things, but it's not as basic as black or white. 

@Schumerator I usually ovulate between cd15 and cd19, so to not wear out our BDing too early, I try and base it off of CM. I don't do OPK's. 

@sammajane19 We decided to keep BFP announcements in the grad thread. 

Sorry to everyone with a BFN today!
  • Cycle: 15/6 (4/3 AL)

CD/DPO: 66/7

Testing: Going to try to hold out to at least Sunday when I will be 12dpo, but we'll see... 

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

R/R/CS: The BSC has started with the SS. This is going to be a long week. 

GTKY: Fuchsia. It's my favorite color and it is bright, fun, and feminine like me. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Cycle
    4/4
    CD/DPO
    24/7
    Testing
    Sunday?
    Timing
    -5,-2,-1
    R/R/CS
    No symptoms, but I am ridiculously full of barbeque from this weekend.
    Spiceberry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @momtoleo Ooof, what a tough morning. Hugs to you.  <3 
    @SongbirdintheCity I have definitely noticed some weird/higher temps with the hotter weather. So confusing!
    @hezzer78 Everyone is different, of course, and only time will tell, but I fairly regularly experience an estrogen surge (and corresponding lower temp) 3-4 DPO.
    @Schumerator I usually O within about a 4-day window each month, so I might not be the best person to answer this, BUT: My CM is somewhat unreliable, so we basically HIO EOD starting at about CD 9. Once I get a +OPK, we make sure to HIO that day and the day after, and then we cool off a bit once I get my temp rise.  :)  Have you used any kind of ovulation predictor strips or kits? If not, you might consider trying it. There's lot of good info on these boards!

Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 25/10

Testing: AF is due on Friday, no plans to test until she's late.

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O

R/R/CS: Feeling totally out, as is usual by 10 DPO. Wishing for a symptom to spot. I got nothing.

GTKY: If you had to describe yourself using a colour, what colour would you pick? I have been thinking about this, and I don't really know that I have an answer! I'm going to say red, just because my style "signature" is red shoes. I have a few different pairs at any given time, and they're my favorite thing to wear. My closet contains a LOT of neutrals, so they provide a necessary little pop of color.

Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 19/4

Testing: I'm going to try to wait until AF is due... we shall see...

Timing: -5, -3, -1, 0

R/R/CS: So we haven't told anyone we are TTC. We saw our parents over the weekend and my mom was very excited to tell us that she has booked the trip to Israel/The Holy Land that she has been talking about for ages.... appx 40 weeks from now. She kept saying how it's the perfect situation, her pastor and other people from her parish are all going with a tour group and I'm really happy for her. I just have some mixed feelings right now, obviously I want my BFP, but I'd also love for my parents to be in the same hemisphere when the baby is born. But, I'm also afraid she'll cancel the trip and never get to go. I know this is all too early to worry about so I'm trying to just take it one day at a time. 

I think I'm going with purple. I'm definitely not anything bright like yellow or pink, but blues and greens feel a little too cool for my personality. Warm, but muted.
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro @FrancesGrace630 - thanks for your input! I also typically O between CD 17-19, and I know your symptoms can change and everything but this not having sore boobs is just really throwing me off, so much that I'm wondering if I O'd super late and just didn't think about it since I typically stop temping after O. And my temp drop this morning was only .3 degrees where as it usually drops a full degree when AF comes. Alright, even I'm annoyed with my over analyzing now! Anyways, thanks for your input :) I may try OPK's next cycle, I just have always felt like I would obsess over that and drive myself crazy especially if I was one of those that couldn't fully turn one.
  • Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 9/24

Testing: Maybe tomorrow... might hold out until 11dpo instead...

Timing: 0,-2,-3,-5

R/R/CS: Not too much.  I can't really help but symptom spot, but I'm definitely less bsc than last cycle, which is nice.  I'm still having a hard time with sleeping all the way until my alarm.  I think it's just anxiety.  I keep waking up 40 minutesish early - so I have tons of open circles this cycle.  I really, really do not want to see a bfn.  Obviously no one does.  But thinking about looking at a stark white test just sounds so tortuous right now.  I normally spot for 3 days leading up to my period, so I might not test tomorrow and test on 11DPO instead.  Because then if I see spotting I can prepare myself for that test instead of walking into it with too much hope.

Soft, shimmery charcoal.
  • @Schumerator Possible TMI ahead! I definitely identify with your worries about obsessing over OPKs, especially since I am someone who often doesn't fully turn them! I respond really poorly to dehydration, so I drink so much water that I really only have concentrated enough urine first thing in the morning. So, I've noticed that I can turn them if I get my surge on the weekend (when my first morning pee is usually around 8), but during the week, (when my first pee is at 6), I can only get them "pretty dark, but not technically positive." the For the record, while it drove me nuts at first, I feel quite comfortable with my "almost turn" now...I've seen it enough to feel confident that I know what it means. Whatever you decide, hoping the best for you!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @Mlight28 I also do chart overlay. Everyday. :smile:
  • @mrsdaddario Yay! So glad your appointment went well and congrats on getting to the TWW. Stay busy so the BSC doesn't drive you insane. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @mrsdaddario congrats and good luck!! We will be cycle buddies it looks like so we can continue the BSC together. Hopefully the nausea gets better soon
  • beary67beary67 member
    @mrsdaddario YAY!!!  I'm happy everything went well.  Hopefully you start to feel better soon! 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @mrsdaddario ahh congrats! How exciting for you! And sadly I wish I had more advice on how to make the TWW wait better, even though we all say "no symptom spotting", we are all a little crazy constantly wondering if we are KU I think :D  FX for you this cycle! 
  • Aurora1973Aurora1973 member
    edited May 2016
    ETA:  Yay @mrsdaddario!!  FX!

Month/Cycle: 
    5/6

CD/DPO: 
    19/5 (we're essentially cycle buddies again, @SongbirdintheCity)

Testing: 
    I have no effing idea...

Timing: 
    -5, -3, -1, +1

R/R/CS:
    This is a weird cycle.  On one hand, since it's the dreaded cycle 6, we've made an extra effort on timing.  It's our best ever, and exactly what I was going for for a changePlus we did crazy stuff like trying the Softcup.  I wanted to know we did everything we could before testing and seeking help.  On the other hand, I just feel like we're going through the motions and waiting for AF so we can start over with testing and whatever the new plan will be. 

GTKY: 
    I'd have to go with a deep coral orange.  Like the color you'd find on an orange Gerbera daisy.  It's cheerful and fun, but with just enough deepness to be serious, as well.

Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Sneaking over from WTO to say YAY @mrsdaddario !!!!!!!  Good luck in the TWW!!!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 23/6 (estimated)

Testing: Maybe 10dpo for drinking purposes 

Timing: -4, -2, 0, +1

R/R/CS:  I had such a great weekend, I'm still in a good mood even though I have to be at work today.  Friday is going to be 109 ( :o ) so I just requested the day off work so I can have a pool day at my parent's house with my sister.  This weather has been seriously ridiculous.  I live in the California valley and we have to be breaking some records here, it's supposed to be in the 80s!

GTKY: If you had to describe yourself using a colour, what colour would you pick?  A sparkly gray.  I don't have a very vibrant personality but I have little interesting sparkles here and there.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lurker from WTO

@RatParade You must live near me. I feel the pain of this heat! I love summer and heat, but this much, this soon, is just too much!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @RatParade HAHAHAH!!! YES!!! Its only end of May/beginning of June. What will July and August look like?!?! Ugh...
  • *lurking from WTO* @mrsdaddario FX!!!!!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @RatParade @KirstinH88 we are all in the same boat. 109 Friday, 115 Saturday here. 

Eta: just checked weather app. Now 115 Friday/Sunday and 117 Saturday 

• @SnobunnieMel @RatParade Just checked my weather app because 115 and 117 just can't be happening. I'm showing a *cool* 106 for both days. @SnobunnieMel stay cool! AC in overdrive! Yikes!!!
  • *lurking from WTO* @mrsdaddario YESSSS!!!!!! FX for you, girl!