October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms (30 May)

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms (30 May)

• bnsmith85 said:
    @TurtleMomma ... You just made my evening hilarious. I got the side eye from DH when I couldn't get my laughter under control for a moment there bahahahaha 
    Glad to help  :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• F47F47 member
    My Bump app has suddenly stopped keeping track of how many pages I've read of a certain thread. So, when I click on a thread, I'm back at the beginning. This is more infuriating than it probably should be. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @F47 make sure you're logged in. That's happened to me a few times. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • I manage my works facebook page and some crazy person decided to "like" every single photo we've ever posted. WHO DOES THAT!?
    And now I have to swim through all these notifications to make sure I didn't miss anything important in the middle. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @kmolletz They are probably trying to show support. I've read articles that mentioned how to support friends' businesses and one was to "like" all of their stuff on Facebook. That's more for showing that businesses are popular, and I doubt it has the benefits for yours that it does for, say, an aspiring musician or photographer, but that's possibly what they wanted. Or they were a preggo getting feels for all the bébés? Can you turn the notifications off for that if it bugs you?

• @RainMira9e  there is a very high likelyhood that its some Texas grandma (our founders are from Texas) who doesn't actually understand facebook. She has 20 friends and no profiles pic/ect/ect. 
    Unfortunately since the founders aren't the best at responding to emails I get a lot of important messages/comments through the FB page, sometimes commented on the most random of places, so I have to keep up with all of them.

Really this probably should have been a "petty problem" but it was literally over 200 "likes" within a couple hours.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @F47 This is happening to me, but I was able to click the refresh icon in the top right and it would eventually reload the page with the number of unread posts, etc.  Hope that works for you.  

Random question - How are you finding out if you are having showers held for you?  When do people normally tell you?  People mentioned that they wanted to throw one awhile ago, but I'm not mentioning anything about it (I understand people have good intentions and sometimes forget, can't do it anymore, etc..).  Thanks for any feedback.  I wanted to start a new thread on this, but thought I'd start here.
  • @Piperella People approached me pretty much right after we announced we were expecting and asked when they could do one. I went ahead and provided available dates pretty quickly and they seemed to just take it from there. I also have some friends and family who are really into throwing showers so I guess that helps. 

Maybe be there's a way to go about asking if they're still interested in planning a shower because you were organizing your calendar and didn't know if they needed some date suggestions?? Not sure how people would take that really, but I feel like if someone offers, they should be sure to actually follow up with you about it! Otherwise, don't offer! 
  • @Piperella I told almost instantly that my sister would be throwing it and she texted me the date and asked for addresses for invites somewhere around 30 weeks. My shower was at 37 weeks, which is really late according to some people.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • @Piperella I would think that if anyone already HS plans to throw something, you would be providing dates for availability.

That said, when my friend was pregnant with her first, I didn't mention throwing her a shower at first because I knew she'd want it in her home town (8hrs away) and I assumed one of her close friends there would offer. She was also the first of our friends to have a baby so I wasn't familiar with when you usually have them during the pregnancy, yet. Long story short, she mentioned, in an off handed way, that she didn't think she was going to have one so I instantly jumped on it. It wasn't that I didn't want to do anything for her, I just made assumptions that weren't accurate.... Maybe your friends are also assuming someone else is doing it for whatever reason? You could maybe mention in conversation like my friend did if you don't feel comfortable asking outright.
  • My BIL just posted a picture of my 1yo nephew naked (from the front) on Facebook. He was laughing at how nephew had gotten into a container of yogurt and was coated from head to toe, but yeah, all his parts were clearly visible. I am deeply disturbed  :#

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @TurtleMomma I would be upset as well. No one needs their genitals posted online without consent! I really think it's trashy for a parent to do that.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • @TurtleMomma ... Wow! I feel like he couldn't get in trouble for that
  • I think baby boy has the hiccups tonight! Lots of repeated, rhythmic movements in one spot.
  • Just wanted to thank @ibabyloveb87, @coffee89, and @bnsmith85 for the shower feedback.  If no one actually gets their stuff together, I'm just going to plan on a "sip and see" cookout thing for after the baby arrives.  I'm a bit disappointed, but I know there is still time and will just keep my fingers crossed.