September 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

How has this not been started yet?!
Also, I don't know how to gif... so someone gif it up for me.

My BF is BIL's ex girlfriend... the drugged out one who he has a 5 year old daughter with and has been fighting to get full custody of for the better part of a year. Well today we all got the AMAZING news that the courts are finally smartening the eff up and granted BIL full custody; she gets court supervised visit at HIS discretion, and has to submit to drug testing before each one. Obviously we're ecstatic that DN is finally in a safe home and out of the drug house she was living in every other week with her mother. 
Literally an hour after he phoned us to tell us the news, I get a FB message request... from the ex girlfriend. Begging me and DH to talk to BIL to make him change his mind, how she's cleaned up, and this is all a huge misunderstanding. Um... seriously? I deleted the message request but she kept on messaging me. This was probably a bad idea, but I finally messaged her back and said I would do nothing of the sort, that I was sorry she felt the need to lie to me but the evidence (i.e. multiple failed drug tests) spoke for itself and she should take this opportunity to look into getting into a program so she could turn her life around for her daughter. Then I blocked her. I felt kind of guilty so I forwarded the message to BIL, who thanked me for my straightforward response and support. Phew... 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Shiva14Shiva14 member
    Wow @yellowrose314 I am so ecstatic that your BIL has custody now!!!! Huge congrats. I think you did the right thing and I'd take screenshots of those messages in case he may need it for court in the future.

My bitch is people that drink and drive - your are jeopardizing so many more lives than just your own by doing this. As I posted on a separate thread DS and I were in a car accident. Stupid drunk driver pulled in front of us and came to a complete stop on the highway because he didn't know which exit to take, causing a sandwich accident involving me, DS, a friend of mine, another pregnant lady in the car behind us, her husband and two small kids. Worse part is, the guy behind us was found at fault since he initiated the impact because the cop chose not to five a breathalyzer test to the guy in front of us who had admitted he had been drinking (cop said verbatum "he's been drinking but he isn't drunk).

Buzzed driving is drunk driving people!!!! find a designated driver!
  • Loading the player...
  • Shiva14Shiva14 member
    Thank you @Laraeq I will do that! I was thinking the same thing because it was memorial day and I'm sure there were people who were more blatantly drunk out there which is why he took it easy on him. I 100% agree, it is NOT ok to not pursue that so I'll be giving them a call.
  • Dear baby, body and brain: 5 am is an unacceptable time to wake me up as today is my day off...
  • @yellowrose314 - I fell off of the other thread a while back - did you end up contributing to the drug testing or does this court rule make that expense unnecessary??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yellowrose314 - That's fantastic news!! I'm so glad to hear your DN is now in safe hands. And good for you for being upfront with the mom. Hopefully she'll take it to heart.

@Shiva14 - I'm so sorry you guys were in an accident but I really hope everyone is doing alright!

Mini Munchkins - One of you (I'm thinking you, Oliver) is causing me sciatic nerve pain. Please promptly move in some way, shape or form to correct this as I'm in pain, walking funny and close to tears at points. 
    Love,
    Your mother (who will remember this for as long as I live and ensure that you hear about it at least every couple of years)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• so my BF is that yesterday my brothers girlfriend was reealllly pissing me off.
    Now, I don't like her, I haven't liked her in the 8 years that they have been together but I am always civil and kind.
    Yesterday I mentioned that Hunter just kicked me and she goes "Psh, you're naming him hunter?"
    Yes. Yes I am. Rude. 
    Then she goes on a rant about how registries are so rude and she would never shop off of one because its so entitled and she would never make one for herself.

Those were the 2 main things on top of a bunch of little things. She loves making side comments.
    Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kosmo86kosmo86 member
    Had a great 26 week appt, until I went to schedule the next. I HAD a 3d ultrasound scheduled next Wednesday with them and I was really looking forward to it. apparently their machine has issues and they are no longer doing them in office anymore. sigh. I did find a private company that has Saturday appts so I was able to schedule and its only a little bit more money, but still irritating.
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• It feels like Monday but it's Tuesday so I'm posting. 

My bitch is about my MIL. She is extremely needy and controlling and is currently "horribly upset" because we didn't open presents at the exact time that she wanted us to. Oh and that I didn't gush about her friend's gift (a blanket) enough so it showed I was "ungrateful."  Oh and that we didn't talk to her enough during the party (there were 60 people there, most who we haven't seen in a year). 

Lord help me. 
  • @mom2adoodle - I honestly didn't even realize it was Tuesday. Doh! 
    How dare you! *note my sarcasm font* Wow. I'm sorry. People (especially MILs) sometimes suck. And some of them should be smacked. 

Hope everything else went well this weekend though!

• Thanks, @UnwritteN12! I have seriously started a doc on my computer reminding myself of all the things NOT to do when I am a MIL. 
  • @mom2adoodle - now the real question.. did she express these concerns with you? Or with other family members (or husband) and was reported back to you?  My MIL likes to complain just to my husband when she's displeased about things.. which is OK by me, but it irritates me sometimes when I find out about something and get mad and he says "I'm dealing with it.. I didn't want to get you involved"  ... thanks hubs.. but now I'm ragey and want to know how long it's been going on for?? hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mom2adoodle oh I am right there with you on a MIL bitchfest. Do we have the same MIL? Mine is currently upset with me for not showing enough excitement over some artwork she got for DS's room. Sorry I didn't gush and gush over it; I said I loved it, that it's super adorable, and thanked her...WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! Then I politely turned down ideas she had for curtains in both DS and baby #2's rooms so combine those with the artwork issue and I am now ungrateful and hate everything she does (in her warped mind). I thought being pregnant meant I get to be the hormonal one...not my MIL. OH and here's the cherry on top...they are coming to stay for 8 days starting Friday.  :#

• @COmama87 Good luck with their stay! You sound so patient with her- good for you! I'll be thinking of you. I think unrealistic expectations others have are so hard to deal with. And YES, totally with you on the hormonal thing. I thought I was the one who was supposed to act a fool these days? Oy vey. 

@AnnaS930 Ha! I totally understand where you're coming from. I admire your DH on wanting to deal with it and not involve you. That's pretty sweet. My in-laws are psycho and get into everyone's business. Like if I or DH get into a squabble with DH's sister they find a way to make everything all about them and air their grievances. So that's exactly what happened this weekend. They found a way to make things about them though there was a tiny argument between DH and his sister. My favorite of this weekend "I hadn't seen you in so long and during dinner you didn't sit next to me" from MIL to DH. Even though she is the one who INSISTS on seating us at the table. So she sat him away from her and then complained that he didn't sit next to her!!! LOL!!! 
  • @mom2adoodle - My MIL would also complain that my husband didn't sit next to her, but if she was in charge of seating you better believe he'd be next to her.. and I'd probably be at a kids' table in another room! HA! Sometimes I really feel like she wants to edge me right out, sorry bi-atch.. I'M HERE TO STAY!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Why is it so warm in our office?  I'm sitting here in a t-shirt and capris, feet up under my desk, flip flops kicked off and I just felt my whole body start to sweat (although hot flashes sometimes come with my pregnancies). YUCK! The level of lower back and bum sweat is intense up in here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 LOL LOL at sitting at the kid's table. I bet my MIL would love to do the same for me. I think she likes me and then she comes up with all this BS so who knows anymore LOL. Sometimes you just gotta laugh. Thankfully they are an 8 hour car ride away!!!!
  • My BF goes out to to sexy pregnancy changes - i.e. I'm kind of a freckly/moley person. And this pregnancy has caused some of them to grow. Pregnancy is so glamorous.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RG1RG1 member
    How has this not been started yet?!
    Also, I don't know how to gif... so someone gif it up for me.

My BF is BIL's ex girlfriend... the drugged out one who he has a 5 year old daughter with and has been fighting to get full custody of for the better part of a year. Well today we all got the AMAZING news that the courts are finally smartening the eff up and granted BIL full custody; she gets court supervised visit at HIS discretion, and has to submit to drug testing before each one. Obviously we're ecstatic that DN is finally in a safe home and out of the drug house she was living in every other week with her mother. 
    Literally an hour after he phoned us to tell us the news, I get a FB message request... from the ex girlfriend. Begging me and DH to talk to BIL to make him change his mind, how she's cleaned up, and this is all a huge misunderstanding. Um... seriously? I deleted the message request but she kept on messaging me. This was probably a bad idea, but I finally messaged her back and said I would do nothing of the sort, that I was sorry she felt the need to lie to me but the evidence (i.e. multiple failed drug tests) spoke for itself and she should take this opportunity to look into getting into a program so she could turn her life around for her daughter. Then I blocked her. I felt kind of guilty so I forwarded the message to BIL, who thanked me for my straightforward response and support. Phew... 
    It took me entirely too long to figure this out. I read, "my boyfriend is my brother in laws ex girlfriend"...wait, no, "my best friend is my Brother in laws ex girlfriend"....wait, no, she clearly hates her...bitch fest!! Gah!! Finally! Sometimes my brain is so slow.
    I had the same problem except I never read it as boyfriend, always as best friend, which makes less sense because that is supposed to be "BFF"....Not just your brain ;)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My Monday comment is work sucks today since we were off yesterday and so everyone is acting like they have never done month end budget before.

In addition this kid is tumbling around like crazy (prob stressed out like I am) and I just had a major constipation blockage that made me wonder if this is what giving birth feels like (I have butt issues with tears/fistula surgeries). I have upped my water and was very active this weekend but guess it was not enough. I just took a stool softener since I've done every other trick and my bum is so sore now its hard to sit. fml - I probably have to work late but I'm eager to get home and soak and play with my amazon order I just got noticed that arrived

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @AnnaS930 BIL eventually did ask us if we could contribute but was very humble about it, just asked if there was anything we could help him out with he would appreciate it, and we came into a bit of extra money that week which was fortunate so we loaned him $50, which he promptly paid back as soon as he got paid, which was super surprising but not unwelcome! So he had to pay for that one, but in order for her to be allowed to see her daughter at his discretion, she has to submit to drug testing which the court pays for now, so that's a huge load off him!