December 2016 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 5.30

Happy Memorial Day! Anything you are eating/craving this week? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 5.30

• dmontgodmontgo member
    Today I will be making a Loaded Baked Potato Salad and a Strawberry and Nutella Pie. I will also be eating brats. Om nom nom.
  • I'm headed over to a cookout at my sister's later on today. I'm looking forward to it! Hamburgers/brats actually sound good to me and my sister promised me guacamole, which I love I also attempted to make potato salad and pasta salad last night so I'm bringing that. I hope it turns out--it was my first time making homemade potato salad!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • karmbakarmba member
    I'm obsessed with goldfish crackers, watermelon and anything from Rita's. DH and I went out in the rain last night to get Italian ice....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• I just ate a piece of pizza with jalapenos, pineapple, feta cheese, green olives, and bacon.  I'm sad that there was only one piece left because I could eat two more of them right now....
  • Kale/fruit smoothies for dayssssss
  • @dmontgo That looks incredible!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel so gross now.. but it was so good going down. Just downed almost a whole mini seedless watermelon and half a bag of BBQ chips. I have been craving fruit (especially watermelon and red grapes) like crazy this week!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • leksiLleksiL member
    I'm on the watermelon bandwagon! DH and I just split a 1/4 one for dessert and it was so delicious! 

I picked up up pop tarts and fruit loops at the grocery store too!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Tried watermelon, still hate it. Cheeseburgers and Mac n cheese hit the spot though. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• beff12beff12 member
    It's 10:00 and I just got a bowl of ice cream with sprinkles. The sprinkles are for the baby. Happy Memorial Day baby! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• At home, by myself. No cookouts, so I had my own private one. Had grilled (burnt/crispy) bbq chicken (chicken has actually been disgusting until today), two corn on the cob, and some baked beans. No regrets. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for the reminder to eat grapes. Those stay down well. I'm weirdly obsessed with ceviche and had husband make me some. By some, I mean a really large bathtub sized bowl of it. Also, dried peaches and little peach fruit cups. Cottage cheese. Chicken salad (canned chicken with mayo, garlic and onion). Wow- I'm boring. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I gave in to one of my weird cravings and made delicious collard greens this weekend. I'm so excited to gorge on these sweet/tangy/spicy delights for lunch. And I made deviled eggs, which I intend to polish off at lunch as well. Mmmmmm
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Gimme all da gummie bears still.

And cheese quesadillas with medium chunky salsa. And sweet potato french fries. or tator tots. Other than that, keep the food away from me because nothing else sounds appealing.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Before pregnancy, I was a macro tracking- protein monster.  Week 11 has been the first week were I can kind of look at chicken again! I am trying to get back to eating 5 healthy meals a day- quest protein makes bbq / sour cream and cheddar chips that I think are pretty tasty- 21g of protein in a serving. Light string cheese from Trader Joes has also been amazing. Flat out wraps (light) are amazing for lunch wraps and you can make healthy pizzas!! I do indulge in watermelon and dark chocolate m&ms and they make life a little better! 
  • Burgers, ice cream, macaroni salad. Mmm.
  • Greek salad, hummus, and warm pita. Om nom nom.
  • Chicken was short lived. It's gross again now that it's leftovers. 
    Mac & cheese, tea, ice cream, popsicles, watermelon, and beef. Steak, burgers, anything but chicken. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I want this MS to go away so I can start cutting back on all the carbs! I lost weight with the MS, but I gained it back plus some to put me in the healthy weight gain bracket for first trimester. I know all these carbs aren't good for me, but they're the only thing I can keep down! Bagels for breakfast, mac n cheese for lunch, and some kind of food for dinner (either I cook or we go out). Oh second trimester please get here fast and MS go away!!!!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My lunch today consists of the rest of my beloved collard greens, a peach to be sliced and sprinkled with sugar, and chex mix. This kid is all over the place.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Hi, just want to offer some encouragement..... I had ms from week 3-13 and could barely do anything without throwing up. When I hit 13 weeks the nausea began to lift slowly. I'm 13w5d now and now I have to work around the aversion s, but the nausea only comes at night. Fatigue is not lifting as much but I'm hopeful.

Last night I had a late night pb and j sandwich.... Pretty sure its really a baby dinosaur in there.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Salad cravings are still going strong for me.. but now we're (dinosaur and I) adding pizza, s'mores by the fire & peanut butter M&Ms to the mix. Helllooo thunder thighs with an excuse!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I ate some delicious fried chicken for lunch. But I think the grease is disagreeing with my stomach. Indigestion pains :( Stupid chicken.

December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • cgss11cgss11 member
    I HAD to have garlic mashed potatoes just now. Which is unfortunate because I have a dentist appointment in an hour. Oopsies.
  • watermelon and ice cream for days. And hot dogs, which I normally really don't like! Oh, and chicken parmesan.

This baby makes me so healthy. 
  • I had pulled pork, Mac n cheese, and a piece of sweet cornbread for lunch. It was the most productive I've been all day.
  • edited June 2016
    There's honestly been a lot of pizza because it is sometimes the only thing that sounds good. I make sure to get lots of veggies on it at least... Also had a humongous craving for eggplant so my mother-in-law made us lunch with three different eggplant dishes. Was the best.

Also, has anyone else had cravings for things they'd eat a lot when they were little kids? I'm super into tomato soup with grilled cheese, PB&J, and Mac n Cheese...
  • I was craving a PB&J with marshmallows not too long ago. That's how I had my mom make them for me for 6 months when I was a kid. Cheez-its were also involved, but I'm weird in the sense I go through phases of Cheez-its vs Goldfish, where I love one and can't stand the other, then it flips. I'm on a Goldfish kick now, so just PB&J with marshmallows.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• zubenescamalizubenescamali member
    edited June 2016
    I am eating so much fruit.  today I ate grapes, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries.  which is good I guess because it's the only way I can poop.  the only veggies I can stomach are salad and after taking a couple of bites of salad that was just about on it's last day, it is now on the nausea-inducing list.
    MS better in the actual morning but it's still hitting me strong around 4pm and lasting until I go to bed.
    I bought some popsicle creamcicles at the grocer this week and the one I ate was amazing!  DH and I both ate one in the driveway so we wouldn't have to share the treats with the kids.  parents of the year here.
  • beff12beff12 member
    I'm mobile and already forgot who said it, but yes to flip-flopping between food items being okay and then gross! My mom has been trying her darnedest to keep up with my cravings. At the very beginning I mentioned eating a lot of Doritos. DD and I spent a few days with my parents while DH was out of town a while back and mom bought me Doritos...I could barely look at them. Then last week she and dad picked up some subway for all of us and I asked for Doritos with my sub :lol: She was like, "are you serious?" I told her I can't explain it. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Lateley, pizza has been hitting the spot. Any kind, but preferably thin crust.

I still bring a baggie of some sort of cereal to work each day, just to snack on. MS has let up, but comes up every few days and at night. So, sometimes when I think what we're having for supper is going to be great - it is, but doesn't hit the spot as much as I had hoped.

Ice cream seems to do well though. I bought some Oreo Frozen Yogurt (healthy, right?) for when I need it at home. I also plan on stopping at DQ today for their $5 lunch (working a half day) and am looking forward to that hot fudge sundae. A burger, since I don't have them often, will be good too!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Red grapes and pineapple EVERY DAY. Can't get enough! I've also been wanting some pizza for like the last week and I think tonight will finally be the night
  • I've been eating leftover cheeseburgers and mac and cheese from our cookout Monday. DH and his friend also made brauts with sauerkraut, which is the nastiest thing on earth and made me gag even before I got pregnant. So of course I am gagging even more now. DH thinks it's hilarious and wants me to try some now that I'm pregnant because I may like it. I threatened to throw up on him if he tried. The abuse I'm suffering over here...
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Making a Low Country Boil for dinner...shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes all in a nice spicy Old Bay broth. Mmm.
  • @dmontgo can I come over? That sounds yummy!

And the radio just reminded me tomorrow is National Doughnut Day. Krispy Kreme is giving away free doughnuts and Dunkin' Donuts is doing free doughnut with drink purchase. I think I know where I'm going tomorrow!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm jealous of all the food you guys are eating. Today it's been plain bagels, dry cereal, grapes and I'm forcing myself to eat a bean salad now for some protein.  Can you sense my excitement? Lol. I miss real food!! 
  • On a cravings whim I made strawberry shortcake tonight and it was the best decision ever. So good!!

BabyFruit Ticker