DD2: 9.22.06
DS1: Born too soon, 19w3d 1.28.14
DS2: 3.5.15
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Randoms 5/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskimm09 that makes two of us! 

My random: Today DH and I are celebrating 7 years of marriage :) 
    Congrats!!! <3 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    mrskimm09 said:
    A few times a day I grab my boobs to make sure they are still sore. Its reassuring to me. 
    Me too!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Salilast326Salilast326 member
    edited May 2016
    jen198705 said:
    This morning as my hubby was brushing his teeth, I lifted my shirt and said, look how big my nipples are getting!
    I sent my hubs a text 2 days ago that said HOLY HUUUUGE NIPS
    how is this happening already!? lol

editied because words are hard
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mrskimm09 Me too!! I really messed up the other day because I grabbed just a little too hard and yelped. DH was slightly concerned until I told him what I did, then he just laughed at me.  :|
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ceclarlinetlo Congratulations! DH and I will celebrate 7 years in September!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    DH just went to the store to get me a blue raspberry Icee. It's within walking distance and he's trying to keep my hormones in check lately with kindness. Otherwise I'm laying on the couch watching throwback Disney movies on TV.
  • Options
    I held my friend's 5 week old baby yesterday and it was heavenly! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

kelseyh62 said:
    I held my friend's 5 week old baby yesterday and it was heavenly! 
    Lucky. I feel like I neeeed to hold a baby. ha ha.
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Options
    My BFF just had a baby about 2 weeks ago so I get all the practice and cuddle time I can imagine. I love it so much!
  • Options
    jen198705 said:
    This morning as my hubby was brushing his teeth, I lifted my shirt and said, look how big my nipples are getting!
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one who has done this!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My mom asked me about Christmas plans for this year (she wants to know if we'll come visit).  Our relationship is... Complicated but I almost told her, 'we're having a baby this Christmas!' But I didn't bc she actively told me I was crazy for considering a third and I don't want to feel sad that the third won't be celebrated. So I chickened out. A person shouldn't dread telling their parents about a new grandchild but there you have it. I also hope that I'm totally wrong since she adores my two kids and that she surprises me. Hope springs eternal. 

June Siggy Challenge: Robert Downey Jr

37 yr old mama with 4yr old DD and 2 yr old DS

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Josie3=5 said:
    My mom asked me about Christmas plans for this year (she wants to know if we'll come visit).  Our relationship is... Complicated but I almost told her, 'we're having a baby this Christmas!' But I didn't bc she actively told me I was crazy for considering a third and I don't want to feel sad that the third won't be celebrated. So I chickened out. A person shouldn't dread telling their parents about a new grandchild but there you have it. I also hope that I'm totally wrong since she adores my two kids and that she surprises me. Hope springs eternal. 
    My parents had 6 and my mom was terrified to tell my dad's grandma about the last 2 (twins) because of her negative reactions to 3&4. My great grandma was shocked initially but when the twins actually came she was SO excited.  I can remember her showing them off to all of her sisters at our family reunion the year they were born.  Your mom will be thrilled I'm sure! :)
  • Options
    Josie3=5 said:
    My parents had 6 and my mom was terrified to tell my dad's grandma about the last 2 (twins) because of her negative reactions to 3&4. My great grandma was shocked initially but when the twins actually came she was SO excited.  I can remember her showing them off to all of her sisters at our family reunion the year they were born.  Your mom will be thrilled I'm sure! :)
    That's really helpful to read. Thank you!!!

June Siggy Challenge: Robert Downey Jr

37 yr old mama with 4yr old DD and 2 yr old DS

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Josie3=5 said:
    Josie3=5 said:
    That's really helpful to read. Thank you!!!
    So glad I was able to help in some small way!
  • Options
    A couple random questions (from a FTM):
    1) Is it normal not to see your OB at your first appointment?  If so, when do you typically see them?
    2) When do you start shopping for maternity clothes and what are the essentials to get?  Not sure if I should be proactive and have some stuff ready or wait until stuff isn't fitting anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kelseyh62 said:
    1) Is it normal not to see your OB at your first appointment?  If so, when do you typically see them?
    2) When do you start shopping for maternity clothes and what are the essentials to get?  Not sure if I should be proactive and have some stuff ready or wait until stuff isn't fitting anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    1. With my first, I saw a resident, then saw my actual OB at the next appointment.  That being said, I ended up switching around week 12 or 13 because that practice was AWFUL. So I'm not sure if that was typical or just another example of their crappy ways.  

2. I went shopping Black Friday with my first, which would've been around week 11 I think? Thinking ahead,  get maternity clothes that will be easy to nurse in if you think you may breastfeed because you may be wearing maternity clothes for at least a few weeks (maybe even longer!) after baby comes!
  • Options
    @kelseyh62
    1 - I didn't see the doc at my first appointment. They talked EDD went over some dos and donts, and I scheduled my first ultrasound with the Doc for around week 8.

2 - It is expensive and you can only wear it all for a few months, so I started looking for sales early so that I would be ready to go.
  • Options
    Another question from a FTM...how far along were you when you had your first ultrasound? I don't have one until almost 11 weeks, and seeing all these posts and pictures with moms who have had them already makes me feel super anxious!
  • Options
    @parkjulie85 It's not that uncommon at all to have to wait until then for a first ultrasound. Many of the women that have earlier ultrasounds are either being followed by an REI or have had a reason to be seen earlier (i.e, bleeding, cramping). Most doctors do not want to do an ultrasound before 8 weeks. Earlier ultrasounds can lead to panic and anxiety if a woman has her dates wrong, late implantation, etc. Generally, you may not reliably be able to see a heartbeat until then. Some can see it as early as 6, but that is not always the case and can lead to unnecessary worry, so doctors don't want to go down that road. There's really not much to see until then except to confirm that the pregnancy is, in fact, uterine. It's very hard to wait. I understand your frustration. Try not to compare yourself though. This pregnancy I had an ultrasound earlier because I had spotting and I have a history of RPL. Otherwise, my doctor schedules between 10-12 weeks. 
  • Options
    hjmorgan-2hjmorgan-2 member
    edited June 2016
    Dinozaur said:
    Husband and I have decided to get stuffed animals of the three original starter Pokémon (bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle) when the baby is old enough to crawl and see which one he/she "chooses." This is about as far as our planning has gotten. 

@dinosaur  This!! I love this!! Haha!

My random: If we have a boy, I kind of want to name him Logan so he can be the new wolverine.... Since Hugh Jackman is retiring and all... Ha.

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    mrskimm09 said:
    A few times a day I grab my boobs to make sure they are still sore. Its reassuring to me. 
    Me tooooooooo! But more like a hundred times a day. I'm pretty sure I've been caught groping myself in the produce section at the store.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    kelseyh62 said:

Thanks in advance!
    I saw a nurse the first time with my dd, just to give and take information. And it'll be the same this time around, too. I'll see the nurse this week, and then  my first real appt with the doctor is in a couple weeks.
    And I never actually bought maternity clothes with my first. I just wore my normal yoga pants and stretchy pants. I favor the longer styled shirts that cover my bum, and so I was able to continue wearing my normal shirts, too. My suggestion is to wait and see if/when you need maternity clothes, especially considering how costly they can be.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    @parkjulie85
    My doctor does what he calls a "baby counting" ultrasound between 8 and 10 weeks. Then I think I had one at 20 weeks and that was it. He said unless something seemed off or there were concerns those are the only 2 he does
  • Options
    Is anyone still charting their BBT's? I have been, just for reassurance, but now I'm not sure if it'll end up giving me extra stress as time goes on, or if it'll keep me feeling reassured.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj i think it will just stress you out as time goes on. I totally get wanting a sign you can be reassured by, but Unfortunately until we get far along enough to feel movement there isn't really any one reliable sign to use. 

As as for my random - I just ate oriental flavored ramen and it was the best tasting thing I've eaten in weeks and now I'm really sad that I can't eat it every day :( 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @parkjulie85
    the midwives I see only do 1 anatomy scan at 20 weeks. Unless you have other issues or opt for the first trimester genetic screening you only  get that 1 ultrasound.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Need to vent because I CANNOT believe this just happened...

DD's first birthday party was tonight and DH decided to pull his immediate family aside tell them our big news. After he told his dad (I was with some of our other guests, THANK GOD) they had the following conversation:

FIL: so due in January... that means that the baby was conceived before tax season was over, right? (DH is an accountant)
    DH: Uhhh...
    FIL: I thought you were supposed to be busy then? 
    SMIL: sounds like he was busy - with his wife! 

I. am.  Fuming.  How is that any of their business?!! Ughhhhh so jealous of those of you who have nice, unintrusive in-laws.  
  • Options
    Oh my..... @karaelaine1991 sounds kind of like a sitcom.
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj no way! This was my first time temping. I temped until I got my bfp at 9 dpo. I didn't want to see a temp drop and be waiting for a mc all day because of a faulty temp. I did, however, take pregnancy tests every 2 days until my first scan. 
  • Options
    @karaelaine1991 what a bizarre comment...
  • Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    @sweetyjenj  I stopped 2 days after my BFP because I could already tell that it was going to drive me crazy.  I ask around and other people said the same thing, to stop temping and to stop peeing on things (I had a hard time letting that go lol).  So if I were you I would stop.  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    @mrskimm09 that makes two of us! 

My random: Today DH and I are celebrating 7 years of marriage :) 
    Us, too!!! 7 years this July :)