September 2016 Moms

BTDT Check In

I forgot this week!

How far along are you?

How are you feeling/symptoms?

How many children do you have/ages?

Team Blue/Pink/Green/Purple?

Any rants or raves about the older sibling(s) this week?

GTKY For my own benefit because I'm researching: Are you getting a double stroller? Which one are you considering?

Re: BTDT Check In

• How far along are you?
    22 weeks!

Pretty good! Tired, but sleeping really well still so that's nice!

1 DD- 20 months

Pink!

She's still doing really well in the Pre-K class at daycare, so that makes me really happy! I'm glad we haven't had any bites since she moved. She's been very motherly recently too, swaddling our poor dog and everything. 

GTKY For my own benefit because I'm researching: Are you getting a double stroller? Which one are you considering?
    I am strongly considering the Citi Mini GT Double, anyone have any input? It looks so wide but it says it's close to the single width. The nearest store where I can see one is about 120 miles away :/ 
  • How far along are you?
    22+5

like crud.  I'm exhausted, everything hurts, I don't want to move in three weeks, etc.  whine whine whine.  I wish it was wine wine wine. 

DS is 21 months 

pink times two

he's done a really great job sleeping in a weird place this weekend.  

I'm 95% sure I'm going with the city select with second seat and likely a glider board for ds.  I don't think he will be ready for it yet but I'll likely wear at least one of the twins everywhere we go for a while.  I like that it can also be just a single stroller too.  The only thing I don't like about it is you can't fold it with two seats on, but it's so easy to take one off I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Now just to decide what color to get! 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    22+5

like crud.  I'm exhausted, everything hurts, I don't want to move in three weeks, etc.  whine whine whine.  I wish it was wine wine wine. 

DS is 21 months 

pink times two

he's done a really great job sleeping in a weird place this weekend.  

I'm 95% sure I'm going with the city select with second seat and likely a glider board for ds.  I don't think he will be ready for it yet but I'll likely wear at least one of the twins everywhere we go for a while.  I like that it can also be just a single stroller too.  The only thing I don't like about it is you can't fold it with two seats on, but it's so easy to take one off I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Now just to decide what color to get! 
    I was looking at that one too! The only thing I didn't like besides the removing the seat issue was that reviews said with all the weight of the second child on the front wheels, you can't lift the front to hop a curb :/ I do that all the time now. 
  • How far along are you? 25 w 2 d

I feel like total crap...non-stop migraines, random BH contractions, plus I'm super stressed at work so yah....

1- will be three in Sept.

Team Green

She's the best thing about my day every day...she just started playing doctor, and it's so damn cute!!!!

A friend gifted us a Joovy Sit n Stand, but I'd really also like a City Select as well...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you?
    -26 weeks

-feeling stressed, anxious and tired at the same time. We are closing on our house 6/3!

-just 1 son, Conner, age 4. Will be 5 on 9.16.16

-team pink! No idea on a name yet tho. 

-my sister took Conner to see the new Angry Birds movie tonight and he was so well behaved! I took him last summer to see Jurassic World at the drive in and that was a disaster lol!

GTKY For my own benefit because I'm researching: Are you getting a double stroller? Which one are you considering
    -no double stroller. I may use the Baby Trend jogging stroller I have from when Conner was little. 
  • How far along are you?  24 weeks 5 days

ready for this to be over with!  Being pregnant at 34 compared to in my 20s is a whole different story!

3 boys 5,8,16

team pink!

they are excited to go to my 30 week u/s and see their sister.

. Nope mine have outgrown strollers.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • CRich15CRich15 member
    How far along are you? 24 weeks 

How are you feeling/symptoms? So tired from vacation... Disney is now known as the energy thief!! 

How many children do you have/ages? 2 boys ages 4 and 6

Team Blue/Pink/Green/Purple? Team Pink!! 

Any rants or raves about the older sibling(s) this week? Vacation throws everyone off and my kids are no exception. They did pretty good throughout the trip to Disney but the return trip and yesterday were pretty brutal. I'm just going to assume everyone is over tired. 

GTKY For my own benefit because I'm researching: Are you getting a double stroller? Which one are you considering? We won't need a double stroller this go round but we did go with the Britax B-Ready when DS 2 came 5 years ago. I really liked it!! I saw a lot of people with the BOB double stroller at Disney. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    25 weeks 1 day

Great other than tired and crazy painful SPD

Son - 9
    Stepson - 8
    Daughter - 15 months

Team green!

My boys are crazy and argue like mad. The baby didn't nap today so was a crank

We will be getting a double jogger, and maybe one that has a sot/stand option in the back for the older little.

• How far along are you?
    26 weeks today

Awesome, although the tossing and turning at night started this weekend.  Belly suddenly started feeling really heavy when I lie down.

1, he will be 21 months this week

pink!

Nope, he had a pretty good week!  We got him his baby doll last weekend and all he wants to do is poke the googly eyes :/  It's driving DH crazy.  Maybe that wasn't a good idea after all.

Been debating and researching this almost since day 1.  Long story short is no, I don't want a double stroller.  I really love my single and I don't want to replace it entirely.  I'm considering a few options and I'm trying not to make a final decision until baby is actually here and I see how life is. I've been watching Kijiji for a used double Chariot for a good price and if I find that it will be a no brainier.  Otherwise I'm going to try pushing my son and wearing the new baby for the first few months.  By the time the new baby is big enough to sit in the stroller I'll decide if I want a double.  My single has a glider board attachment that I could buy but it's $90 plus taxes and shipping.  It looks ok but not great and for that price I could probably get a cheap double second hand and just keep it in the shed for the once every week or two we want to do a longer walk.

• How far along are you? 25 weeks

Pretty good. Hip pain at night is my only complaint currently. 

1 daughter, 20 months. 

Team Pink! 

Rant is the tantrums of a one and a half year old. We've reached the point we get full on throwing herself on the ground. No pounding of the fists or kicking of the legs, but it's still ridiculous. Rave is her carrying keys around the house to all the doors to "unlock" them. It's adorable. 

We've already got our double stroller. We went with a Britax B-Agile Double. I wasn't sure I wanted a side by side, but after testing them out in the store, I thought they were actually easier to steer. We used the bucket seat with the stroller a lot with DD1, so I wanted the double stroller to be compatible with our carseat. We have a BOB(Britax) carseat. We went with the Britax double stroller over the BOB because it was about half the price. I haven't done more than push DD1 around the garage with it, but I like it. My only complaint is that the seats are smaller than in our single stroller. I'm worried how quickly DD1 will outgrow it.

• How far along are you? 26 weeks

No real symptoms, just ligaments/muscles of abdomen are getting pretty tired by the end of the day

1 son who will be 18 months in June

Blue!

He was amazing the entire 3 day weekend. I drove him and I to Vermont and back on Saturday (3 hours each way).. he snoozed and rode contently, never an unhappy peep. We went to botanical gardens on Sunday and he ran around leading us on adventures. Yesterday we played outside and hung around the house... I was sad when bedtime came around for him (which very rarely happens)

We weren't going to get a double jogger but my husband got an amazing deal at work, so we got a double Thule (Urban Glide 2) for $100 (retails for about $600). I'm still looking to get a front/back (we use our stroller daily for walks with the dog, etc). I have a Graco classic connect car seat that I want to make sure will work with a double.. maybe a Baby Trend Sit N Stand double (would love to stay under $200).  We don't need it to be the smoothest ride, we'll get that out of the Thule jogger.
    For Christmas we might also be looking into a Thule chariot for bike riding.. I should clarify that my current son has 2 strollers, a wagon, and a push trike. I really like having options for pushing him around :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    24w6d

Pregnancy insomnia can eat it.

Reese is three.

staying strong at green!

Probably ranted about this before but I swear she will be going to college in diapers. I've been trying to follow her lead and not force it but I'm over it. Use the freaking potty already.

I've done some brief research on this and I think we're not going to get one. We have a City Mini that we love and will likely just get a glider board for it. I'm all about baby wearing and my daughter so rarely uses the stroller these days that I'm hoping that's enough.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 

26+3
    Sciatic nerve pain and an itchy belly do not equal a happy mama.
    2 6-year-olds
    Purple
    My babies are graduating Kindergarten on Thursday!! They're not babies anymore.  :'(  There will be so many tears! Who am kidding? Blubbering. There will be blubbering!
    We have a Graco DuoGlider from when DS/DD were babies that we're using again. I love it. The infant seats were made to go with it (we're using the same type this time, just new ones obviously) and grows with them well. Plus it's a smooth ride.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• fireflygirl12fireflygirl12 member
    edited May 2016

How far along are you?

26w5d

Still waiting for that burst of energy to come! And currently on my 4th or 5th yeast infection. Ugh.

2 boys, 3.5 and 2.

Team pink!

Room sharing is going really well and they actually slept in this weekend.

My first 2 are 18mo apart and I usually just wore one of them and one in a single stroller. We got a double BOB for free and we do use it often for going on walks. We also have a single BOB that works pretty well for 2 if we aren't going fast. One just sits on the front by the foot area.

• How far along are you?: 24w4d

How are you feeling/symptoms?:
    Good, still trying to walk every day. But my back hurts a lot, my hips too. 

How many children do you have/ages?:
    1 daughter, age 6 1/2.

Team Blue/Pink/Green/Purple?:
    Expecting a boy this time around!

Any rants or raves about the older sibling(s) this week?: 
    Our daughter got some big sis practice on Sunday. We watched my best friend's 2 1/2 year old and told our daughter she was expected to be kind, share, and helpful. We let her know she was babysitting, too, and if she did a good job we would pay her for it. She did beautifully, though she wasn't real into playing with said 2 1/2 year old. She shared her tablet and was very helpful! FTR, she is not excited to be a big sister.

GTKY For my own benefit because I'm researching: Are you getting a double stroller? Which one are you considering: 
    No. My daughter is too big for a stroller. We honestly probably won't get a stroller at all this time around. They're big & cumbersome, and I plan on wearing Jude if we go out.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jlmwoodjlmwood member
    How far along are you?
    25 weeks
    The Braxton Hicks are kicking in much sooner and much more frequently than with my first.
    1 DS who will be 3 in July.
    Blue
    Nope
    No double for us. I wore my first until he was 8 months or so and plan on doing the same with the new baby. We just bought the City Mini and have registered for the glider board in case DS wants to hitch a ride once the baby starts using it.

• How far along are you?
    22 weeks!

Pretty good! Tired, but sleeping really well still so that's nice!

1 DD- 20 months

Pink!

She's still doing really well in the Pre-K class at daycare, so that makes me really happy! I'm glad we haven't had any bites since she moved. She's been very motherly recently too, swaddling our poor dog and everything. 

I am strongly considering the Citi Mini GT Double, anyone have any input? It looks so wide but it says it's close to the single width. The nearest store where I can see one is about 120 miles away :/ 
    I have the City Mini GT single and I've seen the double around town. It's not the same width!! I'm sure it's a great stroller but definitely big! I haven't tried it but j drive a small car and I worry about fitting a side by side double in my trunk. 

If if I was having twins I would totally consider this stroller, but for an older and a younger kid I want something more versitile that will grow with my son when he doesn't want to sit in a stroller all the time. I like the idea of a sit n stand with two seats so I can change the configuration as the kids grow. 
  • @0SeaMonkey0 thank you! I read it was the same, but I saw a pic of a lady standing behind it and oh hell no it isn't.  I'm not sure what to do. The citi select seems like it would be great, but reviews have said you can't jump a curb with the weight on the front. That will drive me crazy. Bah.