September 2015 Moms

Mom guilt

Growing up I heard how hard it was to treat the second child the same as your first. Not on a daily basis, I mean, the things you do like filling out the baby book, taking pictures, planning the first birthday. I always thought that wouldn't be me. How could you do it for one and not the other? Well.. I'm guilty of it. My first born has a full baby book and keepsake box. Had a great 1st birthday and I have an adorable scrapbook to remember it. On the other hand, I have not started my lo baby book. Her keepsake box is half full and I have no idea what I'm doing for her bday. I feel so bad! 

Her bday is tricky because we moved away from all our family. So I am not sure how to incorporate them like they were for my son. Anyone have a long distance issue for the 1st bday party? 

Re: Mom guilt

• Well my second born, if LO happens, will have nothing because I am sooooooo behind on my first borns stuff. I'm not a big scrap book person and I don't like 'junk'. I find myself struggling to see what's important. My mom kept EVERYTHING I ever touched. I'm just not super sentimental with objects. My dad moved as a child, within the same few towns and area, nonstop. He saids I get it from him! He has had about 8 houses in this one town as a child. Lol. He said you learned quick to not get attached to stuff. Where my mom grew up in the same house her entire life and everything, even pretty much garbage, has sentimental value. Lol. 

I do keep track of milestones and fun things we do in my iPhone calendar. And I take tons of pictures. They just aren't organized in any way! 
  • FatPonyFatPony member
    ^Im the same way. My mother and mil saved everything, even my baby toenail clippings - gross!! As an adult, I don't want that crap!! 

All I do is take pictures of LO. Then I'll make a photobook with all his firsts - first food, first tooth, etc. I figure a cute book of photos is going to age way better than my baby fingernail clippings. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha @FatPony that IS gross! 

My 5yo recently lost her first tooth, so I saved that. She lost a second one a couple weeks later but I tossed that one. Forgot to have her put it under her pillow! Whoops!  But I save things that are special to me. Like their first hair cut, first Bible from church, first tooth, some special coloring they do. But nothing crazy like their first piece of chewed food! I think it definitely gets more laid back with each  kid but nothing to feel guilty about! It's tough, esp trying to keep track of all of it!