Pregnant after a Loss

Brown spotting ok?

Hey everyone! Today I am 7 weeks pregnant. I have had a horrible cough. It has been making my pelvis area sore every time I cough. This morning I woke up with a bit of Brown in my panty liner. I haven't had cramping, just the soreness from coughing so much. And it want red at all. My husband and I did have intercourse the other night, I read that this can irritate things to. I had a miscarriage before and am so scared now..... It just doesn't quite feel like that but I'm still scared. Also, what is your drs opinion on cough drops, I've heard mixed reviews so early on

Re: Brown spotting ok?

• I'm sorry you're dealing with this! First, I've never asked about cough drops so I'm not sure there. As far as the brown spotting goes, I know it can be "normal". I've heard several stories of ladies having it and everything was ok. In my experience though that's how my three losses started. I don't say that to freak you out. It's just that after all I've been through I feel like it's better not to sugar coat things. I hope you're one of the ones where it's normal!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had some spotting around 7 weeks. Now I'm almost 21 weeks, and so far so good. :) it can be totally normal, but I would call your doctor just to be sure and to let her give you peace of mind. Not sure what my doctors view is on cough drops. I broke down and took a few at one point in the first tri cuz I had a horrible cough. I just made sure to take some that didn't have a pregnancy warning on the back.