December 2016 Moms

Petty Problem Saturday 5/18

Re: Petty Problem Saturday 5/18

• I wanted to go shopping today but due to who knows what reason (I'm blaming pregnancy), I only got 5 hours of sleep and now I'm too tired to go shopping but too awake to nap.
  • It won't stop raining here and I'm afraid my are won't get mowed before DD's birthday party next Saturday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Loading the player...
  • The humidity down here is obscene. It's been 80% or higher every day but it won't break through and rain. I'm going to brunch today with a professional acquaintance I haven't seen in 6 months and my hair is going to look ridonkulous
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I slept too much and now I have a headache....boo!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We ran out of butter and I'm lazy so I couldn't have my usual toast for breakfast. I had to have hot fudge sundae pop tarts instead and I am already regretting it.
  • i'm trying to make a pasta salad and we don't have any tomatoes.  I could use canned, but ew.
    I have a headache and feel strangely dizzy.  then I realized i'm hungry.  I have been so sick these last 4 weeks I forgot what it's like to feel hungry.  omg.
  • I wanted to go to Costco and run errands but my 3 kids all needed naps. So I'm sitting here fighting my toddlers to sleep and rocking a baby. No Costco for me. 
  • beff12beff12 member
    I really want to swim but don't have a pool. Life is soooo hard. ;)

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• cgss11cgss11 member
    DH typically works Saturday mornings, but didn't today so he's here to witness how absolutely lazy I'm being. 
  • edited May 2016
    @doodleoodle , better than me, my mil and fil have similar views on spousal roles and I just dig at them condescendingly whenever they direct it toward me. My petty problem: My husband made too much noise while cleaning the house while DS was napping. I was laying in the bed reading harry potter trying to keep breakfast
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast oh don't get me wrong. I told her that I keep my negative opinions about her to myself and I expect her to do the same for me in the future. I then told her I won't be coming over this weekend. I normally would have said nothing to try to keep the peace, but this isn't the first time she's said something like this and I am just so over it. She went on and on about how if he does coming home from work because he is overtired then it's my fault. The crazy thing is, before we had DD MIL would talk about how FIL would get up with their children at night when they were babies. DH went to talk to MIL about our issues and ever since then he's been saying things to me like, "At this point fathers should be getting consecutive sleep." If I saw her at this point I would probably just kick her in the shin.
  • We are at my parents for the 3 day weekend. H went to go help his dad get ready to pour some curbing on Monday. He took the car which had Ls diapers, spare formula, clothes for everyone, and the dogs food and bowls.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• DH went to talk to MIL about our issues and ever since then he's been saying things to me like, "At this point fathers should be getting consecutive sleep." 
    Oh? My pregnancy/mother rage has me so annoyed by this that I can't formulate a coherent comeback. But, all the anger towards your mil and your DH for being fool enough to repeat that ridiculousness to you.  :s
  • @OliveP27 thank you for your support! I was starting to wonder if I was somehow in the wrong. I used to do everything, so much so that DH thought DD just had always slept through the night, but I'm pregnant and I'm tired!
  • @doodleoodle - That's a throat punch worthy comment, if I've ever heard one. My unborn spawn is ragey at hearing that. If one parent is getting up, I would expect the other to participate somehow. Make it a team effort. You both would rather be sleeping. Why is he the only one entitled to sleep?! Okay...end rage. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • @LinziLoo09 I have no idea. Especially because a month ago or so I stayed the night there because DH was out of town and in the morning she asked me how I slept. I told her I got about 2 1/2 hours of broken sleep. She LAUGHED and said she was going back to bed and then she actually went back to bed. She never offered to watch LO so that I can take a nap or anything, I drove back home with the baby that day. She didn't seem concerned at all. 
  • Wow evil MIL. Just wait until she's getting up at all hours of the night to pee due to old age. You will get your laughs then MWAHAHAHAHA!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • JEM525JEM525 member
    @LinziLoo09 I have no idea. Especially because a month ago or so I stayed the night there because DH was out of town and in the morning she asked me how I slept. I told her I got about 2 1/2 hours of broken sleep. She LAUGHED and said she was going back to bed and then she actually went back to bed. She never offered to watch LO so that I can take a nap or anything, I drove back home with the baby that day. She didn't seem concerned at all. 
     Your DH and his family sound very unsupportive. I am so sorry. They are all in the wrong and DH should be taking turns with you at night. And how you and DH parent/ share responsibility should be none of their business! I'm furious for you. 

My petty problem of the day is my wonderful and oldest friend ( we have been friends since we were one) is putting together a spa day and dinner with all of my friends and family for my 30th next weekend. My butt hurt is that my DH claims he is helping her and tried to take some of her credit when I know he hasn't even responded to her emails or helped in any way. He didn't plan a single thing for my 30th and my MIL and I planned a huge party for him with a private box at a basketball game for his 30th. I just realized I sound like spoiled brat, I need perspective. 
  • @JEM525 Thank you! I threw a tantrum and DH has been stepping up today. I did tell MIL to mind her own business and she hasn't spoken to me since. Win! Also, you don't sound like a spoiled brat at all! I would be so hurt... and call him out. Ask him which part he helped plan lol

• @doodleoodle - it sounds like MIL isn't the only one who needs a kick in the shins.  I'm glad your husband is stepping it up today.  Do you have any friends who have kids?  Can you get one of them to talk about how much the husband helps the wife?  I remember one of our friends telling DH that he gets up once a night with the baby bc his wife getting some continuous sleep made a huge difference in terms of her sleep and functioning.  Maybe if he heard it from another dad he'd be more responsive?
  • My MIL came to town to help us pack for our move. It's really to spend time with our LO since we're moving further away from her, but she does help pack. She and my husband are so busy packing and I lay around like a lump and I'd rather be a lump without another set of eyes watching me do it. I was so glad when she went home. So I can lump in peace.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @penelope4612 that's a good idea. If his mother keeps filling his head with nonsense then we'll just go to couple's counseling before the baby is born. Having a newborn can be rough on your marriage as it is, even without someone trying to sabotage you. 
  • Confession: while my in-laws are not without their flaws and quirks (nobody is) I feel so grateful after reading some of these posts.  I'm so sorry some of you have to deal with such rude, condescending people as your own family. 

Pregnancy Ticker