September 2016 Moms

Head down already??

is it normal for baby to be positioned head down already, at 25 weeks?

we had a follow up ultrasound today, because there were a few pictures they didn't get clearly at the anatomy scan.  Baby boy was clearly positioned head down, with his rump up almost in my ribs.  I thought babies didn't normally get into this position until closer to due date.  Anyone else have a baby positioned like this?

Re: Head down already??

• My guy was head down at 20 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • My first was head down super early and stayed that way (for all we know) until she arrived. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ducks6ducks6 member
    Mine was head down at my a/s when I was 19 weeks. Based on where I feel kicks I think he/she is no longer head down. Hopefully that'll change before delivery. Chances are it will. 

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    One of mine has been head down since about 17/18 weeks.  The other has switched between head down and feet down since about 20 weeks.  Before that, they were both transverse.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• My first was breech at 19 weeks then had moved to head down by 23. Based on her movements and the ultrasounds we had, she remained that way from then on. 

This one was transverse on ultrasounds at 16 and 18 weeks, and head down at the a/s at 20 weeks. Again, based on movement, I believe she has stayed head down the last 4 weeks. The NP felt her at my appt yesterday, and she was definitely head down at that time. 

There is still plenty of room for them to switch into a multitude of positions right now.

• CRich15CRich15 member
    Our LO was head down during my a/s and I still feel her feet in my rib area. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good to know it's normal.  Thanks!
  • My first was head down at every ultrasound check up from 18 weeks on. I don't think she ever flipped around because now that I'm pregnant with a kid who STAYS freaking transverse all the time I'm pretty sure I never felt her in any other position.
  • sareej521sareej521 member
    edited May 2016
    My first was head down the entire time from what I knew (2 ultrasounds and her but wedged into my ribs around 26 weeks) and so far this one has been strictly bum down and it's so uncomfortable! Hoping it figures it out and flips soon, I know there is still a bit of time but it makes me nervous!!
  • All of mine were head down at my 20 week scan and stayed that way 
  • with my first one i'm pretty sure he was head down from at least 28 weeks on...at least at every appointment from 28 weeks on he was head down and always had hickups (head down).  As of my last appointment this baby has yet to turn head down

BabyFruit Ticker