June 2016 Moms
Options

Extra long Maternity leave...

It's been a crazy 24 hours. Yesterday my department manager announced that we're restructuring.  Part of that includes cutting my shift. I have the option of choosing a new shift, but they are all during my husband's work hours and daycare for 3 kids just wouldn't be justified. Now I've been having mild contractions every 15 to 30 minutes since 6am. I had to cancel a meeting with my manager today because I didn't want to drive in labor. She had the nerve to text me to ask how I'm doing and to say she's been thinking about me. Umm...excuse me, but you basically left me jobless yesterday but today you're concerned about me?!?!?! Im sooo angry!!!! I'm trying  to stay calm for the baby, but this is not something I thought I'd have to worry about at 38w3d. 

Re: Extra long Maternity leave...

• Options
    kwife15kwife15 member
    Oh man, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this this late in pregnancy. I have no advice but good luck!
  • Options
    That's incredibly stressful. One thing at a time though and thankfully your boss gets to take a backseat. Hope your labor goes smoothly and your options open up after the LO arrives. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alitriaalitria member
    I'm having similar last minute drama with my job and changes to my leave that impact childcare.  It's the last thing you want to stress about, on top of all the normal stress of being 9 months pregnant!  I am sorry that this is happening when you should be able to just relax and focus on having a baby.  Hopefully you will find a solution somehow so you can just enjoy your baby.