September 2015 Moms
Options

LO seems to hate nursing all of a sudden

i know this current leap says moms find this time period to be VERY challenging with nursing... LO is almost 8 1/2 months and recently seems to hate nursing and just wants a bottle :-( this too shall pass, right? Is it just a phase? If so I think I can push through but if she's like this from now on I don't see how I'll be able to nurse as my supply will tank even more than it already has. Pumping doesn't get out what she can. It's incredibly frustrating to see how much she pushes me away and doesn't want to nurse and just screams at me. I miss the days where nursing was the only thing that she adored :-( 

Re: LO seems to hate nursing all of a sudden

• Options
    I have no advice but I'm going through the same thing. LO is almost 8 1/2 months as well and I can't get her to nurse hardly at all. She definitely prefers a bottle. I'm hoping it passes because my supply is barely enough to keep up with her as it is. She nurses her best first thing in the morning because I'm more full since she STTN. I miss those days as well! I work full time so I'm only able to nurse her in the morning before I leave and night before bed and it's very sad that we don't even have that time anymore. I hope these LO's get back on track soon for both of us!
  • Options
    Kelly mom has a page on nursing strikes that may be helpful. I think it's probably a lot of skin to skin, maybe taking baths together, offering casually even when not showing hunger cues, doing it in a dark room so there are less distractions, etc. we EP and never were able to nurse but those are the ones I remember from when we were trying to get back to breast. Good luck mommas!