September 2015 Moms
Options

6th Leap - - Terrible?!?!

Tell me about the 6th leap (wonder weeks) and how the fussy phase went.......
Because I am in the thick if it and it is so terrible!!! I don't see any teeth, but there is drool and clear runny nose. And wake ups. And screaming. And clinginess. And separation anxiety. 
How long did it last?! Did anything help?!

Re: 6th Leap - - Terrible?!?!

• Options
    We are in it now too with 4 days supposedly remaining. I hear you! Its been our toughest.. teething, crawling, cruising, waking, screaming, sep anxiety and clinginess, pulling up and standing in the crib throughout the night, everything all at once. I have no advice and not sure if there is an end in site. :( You're not alone! 
  • Options
    hlb8179hlb8179 member
    Ugh this is us too!!!!  I haven't been able to figure anything out to help other than just being there to ride this crazy roller coaster with her!  
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Leap 6 went fine for us. Little crying when we left room but otherwise ok. We also got 3 teeth in at the same time and he took it like a champ. Only weird thing is he would cry out randomly in his sleep very occasionally and by the end he would wake up sitting up in bed but cry because he didn't know how to get back down lol were ramping up for 7 in a few weeks.
  • Options
    We are having some major teething going on, plus week 6 and we had 3 brutal nights. She had a runny nose that I think is turning into a cold because she's congested now and the mucus is thicker and honestly that cold is my saving grace right now. Not that I want her to be sick, but she sleeps like a peach when she has a cold. We broke down and gave her a lovey and she's been snuggling with it while she sleeps. Hang in there and don't hesitate to ask your SO to help even if he's working and you aren't there's only so much your body can handle. Also I've found that she actually does better when daddy goes in and soothes her because then the separation anxiety doesn't kick in like it does when mommy is there. 
  • Options
    rjanicerjanice member
    Leap 6 was rough in our house.  The crying,  constant level of clingy, not sleeping, numerous wake ups a night, congestion, runny nose.  I stayed up for a straight 40 hours and called out of work due to lack of sleep because little man would only sleep while being rocked in the recliner which I can't sleep in. It was 3 weeks of hell. Not many tips here. Saline drops, vaporizer with vicks pads.  Coffee coffee coffee. Lots of sighs and deep breathing.  Many 5 minutes of quiet time (put lo in his crib and close the door while I go woosah). It doesn't last forever.  Hugs to you! 
  • Options
    Yes!! I was going to post something too. It is the worst ever!! I can't even be out of her sight without screaming. The waking at night, fighting naps it's totally draining. I am just holding on until the end!