September 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 5/25

How far along?

What size is baby?

How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoon?
Me: 26     DH: 25
DS1 -- 9/30/2016

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 5/25

• Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited May 2016
    How far along? 22 weeks

What size is baby? The size of a coconut or ear of corn

How are you feeling? The hip pain continues and my doctor prescribed me an inhaler for my shortness of breath. I'm hoping that helps but it really hasn't made a difference the last day or so. ETA: Just sneezed and RLP is definitely still there!!

Upcoming appointments? Not until June 20

Rants/Raves/Questions: DH is getting more excited/involved everyday and I can't wait for him to feel little man moving. The other day he got excited about all the things he is going to teach baby :)

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoom? We don't have a baby moon planned. We had thought about it but don't want to spend a ton or travel too far. We have a couple weddings this summer and will be going across the state to visit family/friends for about a week. Other than that we will probably just take day trips to the beach, go hiking or the lake. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    How far along? 26 weeks

What size is baby? a kale? (Such a weird choice of vegetables for a comparison)

How are you feeling? Good. Sex drive is sky rocketing lately. Starting to have more discomfort at night so I think I'm going to have to invest in some kind of support pillow. Bending over is starting to be a pain. My hair is awesome right now though, I wish it would be thick and shiny like this forever. I can go 3 days without washing it.

Upcoming appointments? June 9th for a follow-up u/s and my glucose test (yippee)

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am getting really discouraged about our house hunt. I had really hoped we would find something before my third trimester. Now it looks like we will be trying to move during the ONE 6 month space of time that I told DH I did not want to move: either while I am hugely pregnant, or when we have a newborn. DH keeps saying we need to act now because of interest rates, but I'm sorry, you and I chose to get pregnant, and then you decided we needed a bigger house. I'm honestly perfectly fine in the house we are in. It's not in a great school district, but DD1 won't start school for two years, and it's not like going to kindergarten at the school we are zoned for would be the end of the world. DD2 won't need her own room for at least a year, and she would have one already if DH would give up his "office" that just collects random sh*t and never gets used for anything. I just hate rushing into decisions like this and DH loves to rush and try to do everything at once. I feel like I'm very near a hormonal emotional outburst over this. All I asked is that we don't move when I'm very pregnant or when we have a tiny newborn, and then his parents said we needed to move and suddenly my opinion doesn't matter anymore. I love our neighborhood, we are close to absolutely every neighboring town/district (within 10-15 minutes from everywhere), and I really don't do well with change. Sorry for the rant.

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoon? We are going to gulf shores next week with my family, and then we will hopefully be moving (although it's not looking very hopeful), so no other travel plans until my due date.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along? 24 weeks (yay viability!)

What size is baby? cantaloupe (really? seems big)

How are you feeling? Good! Really no complaints except getting winded faster than I would like. Still working out as much as I can and I am definitely not keeping up.

Upcoming appointments? Just had a regular prenatal appointment yesterday.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoon? I have to save my PTO for maternity leave so just a couple weekend trips - one for camping and a child free weekend at the shore.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KayJDT3KayJDT3 member
    How far along? 25 weeks

What size is baby? Cauliflower

How are you feeling? Tired. only got about 2hrs sleep last night.  Otherwise great!

Upcoming appointments?  Prenatal on Monday

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nothing today.

GTKY: I hope to have DH home for a few weeks this summer. And we'll try and get the camper out as much as possible, without travelling more than an hour from home.

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• Options
    How far along? 25 weeks!

What size is baby? Baseball cap or cauliflower 

How are you feeling? I am doing ok! Definitely feeling bigger over the last couple of weeks and having some trouble getting to sleep and sleeping all night because of it. Having RLP on and off. Otherwise enjoying baby kicks!

Upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday I have my glucose test 

Rants/Raves/Questions: None today 

GTKY: I also need to save my PTO for maternity leave, so we will probably just take a long weekend trip to Cincinnati in July. DH is a Reds fan and wants to take DS to see his first game! It will be fun to get away one last time as a family of 3 :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along? 25 weeks 

What size is baby? Cauliflower.. which I can't really compare in size to a cantaloupe (last week), I must not eat enough vegetables! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good, I stopped sitting on the couch in the evenings, switching instead to a wing back-like chair, and that seems to be helping with my hip/butt pain. My only real issue is the pain in my chest along my underwire line on the left side, which is getting worse/starting earlier in the day. It might be time to switch to sports bras, but I am not sure how that will go with all the dresses I wear every day. Suggestions? 

Upcoming appointments? Not until mid-June, but I have to do my glucose screening before then, plus a bunch of blood work that I somehow missed but am not worried about. (I am 100% confident I do not have Hep B or C, since I have been with the same person for 7 years now and couldn't be an IV drug user since I am afraid to take too much Nyquil, haha.) I am not looking forward to the glucose screening, mostly because driving there with my husband for over an hour will be a pain in the behind! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I travel to different school districts for my job, and today highlighted why it is ridiculously complicated. I use a "company car" since they don't want to pay mileage, and the cars are just slightly better than scrap metal. At 7:25 this morning, after getting off the highway, I got a flat tire. There was NO information in the car about what to do in this situation (only that if you get in an accident, call the police. Thanks for that), so I called my supervisor. He gave me the phone number of the woman who is in charge of purchasing/up the chain of command for the cars, but her DESK number, aka a place she wouldn't be until 9:00. Then he gave me her cell, which she answered on my second attempt. I told her who I was and what the situation is, and she asks, "Do you have a phone with you?" I couldn't resist, so I answered, "I'm on it." She apologized, saying she was only half way through a cup of coffee (must be nice to get to relax in the morning!). Then she tells me to just call a local garage to come get me (shouldn't there be a protocol for this?) and I asked for confirmation, and then how I would know what a local garage was? She replies, "Can't you just Google it?" Are you kidding me?!? You didn't know I had a phone a minute ago and now you expect I have a reliable internet connection? When I pushed back on that, she said she would come get me. A few minutes later a tow truck person calls me, to ascertain where I am, what the situation is, etc. He's going to come get me, but it's going to be 40 minutes, since he is local to my office, not the school I was traveling to. I say no problem, and begin the wait. As expected, he shows up, tows the car back to the garage local to my office, and I have to call the super helpful woman to send someone to come get me. She sends the even less useful woman I usually interact with regarding the cars, who takes me back to my office, and then starts to look for another car for me to use for the day/until the school year is over. That takes her about an hour, so I finally get back on the road and head to the school I am visiting today. I arrive 4 hours late, missing most of the meetings I had scheduled today, so I am now sitting on my thumbs until my 30 minute meeting before the end of the day, only to begin the trek home. Only the best and most efficient for public employees, right? 

I do want to pat myself on the back for not complaining (out loud) to anyone during this process, nor mentioning that I am pregnant to anyone during the situation. Had they asked me to change the tire myself, that might not be true, but I would have gone to insurance/workers comp reasons first. 

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoon? Trying not to sweat to death! My office is overly air conditioned and I don't do much traveling during the summer, so I am thinking that is a reasonable goal. 
  • Options
    How far along? 23 weeks 

What size is baby? Papaya!

How are you feeling? Pretty good actually. Still have acid reflux though a lot less, and am seeing some small swelling in ankle ugh. But energy level is good and sleeping not so bad. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Glucose during my 28th week 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Anyone else gained too much weight? I haven't been eating anything & everything and was never skinny but not overweight either. Not too worried but keeping an eye on it. I also walk twice a day, so not sure what else to do. I want my ice cream!!

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoon? 
    No big plans and though I'd enjoy a baby moon we are saving hard for the baby. Traveled to Florida last month and that's about all the traveling I want to do. 
  • Options
    Look forward to reading all of your responses when I get home - here's mine for now before I fly out of work!

How far along?  23 Weeks!

What size is baby?  Grapefruit, and like many others don't get how that's bigger than a coconut? 

How are you feeling?  Good this week, just tiring REALLY easily on walks and up & down stairs and all! And heartburn...ugh...

Upcoming appointments?  24 week next Wednesday. I think I've harnessed in the weight gain from last time and have been holding steady so hoping that I'll be okay on the scale.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Two girlfriends reached out to me today wanting to do a couples shower/cookout for us, it's so sweet of them and I am so excited!!!! My aunt is throwing shower for me and I never expected anything else, it is so generous and unexpected! Plus I think it'll be really fun to do something that hubby can take part in.

GTKY: (stolen from Tuesday)  What are your plans for the summer?  Are you doing any traveling? Babymoon?   We are going on a long Mem day weekend starting tomorrow to the NC coast, haven't really explored that area too much so I'm looking forward to it. We rented relaxing house on the sound for just the two of us and we can bring our pup!