September 2016 Moms

PGAL check-in 5/23

How many weeks? Size of baby? 

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? 

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? 

Questions? 

R/R/R? 

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic? 

Re: PGAL check-in 5/23

• How many weeks? Size of baby? 
    -25! Ovia says a baseball glove.  

-I'm doing pretty well both physically and mentally.  I had a rough few days after surgery but I'm feeling much better this morning and even walked to the park this morning! 

-I have my glucose test/rhogam shot appointment coming up on June 21st but I'm rally looking forward to my next growth scan on July 6th! 

Questions? 
    -

R/R/R? 
    -Everytime my MIL talks about how rough this pregnancy has been on me verses my pregnancy with my son, she always says "I'm telling you, she's such a little Marissa.  Not easy going like Clark." How about you shut your face? I'd rather her be like me than some others.... 
    Besides, what does that even mean? I'm not a super uptight person but I also don't feed into her behaviors.  
    Plus, how is any of what I'm going through my unborn babies fault?! 

Next time im going to have a snide remark to come back with.  

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic?  
  • steministsteminist member
    edited May 2016
    How many weeks? Size of baby? 24 weeks, so cantaloupe or puffin!

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? So much heartburn...I don't even crave ice cream that much, but I think I'll be eating a lot more of it in the next few weeks to try to cool that down...  Mentally I'm good, too.  I still have anxious moments and stressful thoughts, but overall I'm feeling really secure in this pregnancy now.

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? 24 week appointment this week.  I think it's just a quick Doppler check, but I always love hearing the heartbeat!

Questions? Nope

R/R/R? Went to a friend's baby shower yesterday, and it was just two hours of watching her open gifts.  There were some snacks, but nothing else was planned.  After she was done, they just thanked us for coming and pointed out the gift bags to take as we left.  I didn't really feel like it was done to celebrate her or enjoy the company of her friends, just an excuse for presents.  Another one of my friends announced yesterday, though, so that was really exciting!

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic? Weekend was really busy - again...I haven't had a weekend at home in at least 3 weeks.  For the long weekend, I think DH and I are going to just take it easy!  We'll probably go to our friends' pool party on Monday, or at least do burgers or something, but otherwise I'm planning a solid three days of pjs, video games, and sleeping in!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LizC216LizC216 member
    How many weeks? Size of baby? 24w6d - grapefruit

How are you feeling physically? Mentally? I was doing pretty well, but I woke up with a migraine today and it's bringing me down. It's not horrible, but it's annoying. And I want to be enjoying this 80 degree outside with my girls, not inside.

Next appt? Milestone? I'm looking forward to getting my glucose test results back from my appt this past Friday. My next appt won't be until June 15th (28 weeks). Right now, I'm looking forward to being in the third tri. 

Questions? Nope

R/R/R? Team Green is kind of killing me today. One of these cute shops I follow on Instagram is having a sale and I really want to buy some things, but I don't want to buy gender neutral. I need to stay off Instagram the rest of the day!

GTKY: How was your weekend? Plans for Memorial Day? It was busy. I had my appt downtown on Friday. It took up a bunch of my day. Saturday, I went to a bachelorette party for my cousin. It was several different winery tours up in MI. I had more fun than expected, but it was a long day, especially driving there and back the same day.

This weekend, we have a BBQ at my sister's on Saturday and then one at my in-law's on Sunday. I'm seriously considering skipping out on one. Our weekends have been non-stop since the beginning of May and will continue like that through the 3rd week of June. I just want to stay in and relax!  :'(  (Being a bit dramatic, I know). 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• How many weeks? Size of baby? 24w 2 d the size of a cantaloupe 

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? I'm feeling pretty good!  We had a growth scan last week and 2 our of the 3 "issues" the found on my anatomy scan have been cleared as no longer issues!  It's been a huge relief.  Physically--heartburn like no other! i now live with tums within arms reach

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? I have an appointment this Friday with my OB to go over the results of my growth scan last week.  I hope she is as excited and happy as I am with the results and that she will agree to no more additional scans!  I also have to do my glucose test at this appointment so i'm hoping that comes back good (trying to remember to eat a little better this week in hopes that helps!)

Questions? none

R/R/R? nothing really.  My husband's cousin just had her baby girl!  can't wait for my baby girl now!

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic?  My weekend was good, nothing too eventful.  I've been trying to walk with my son on saturdays and this week's walk was easier than last weeks...so i'll have to keep it up.  No big plans for Memorial Day.  We live in a small mountain town and know some friends who will be up for the weekend so we'll probably BBQ and see what is going on around town.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited May 2016
    25 weeks 4 days

good. I just hurt when I sleep. Can't get comfy.

we have an appointment on Thursday (glucose test yay!). To be honest I don't know what the next milestone is??? Giving birth probably lol xD

R/R/R? 
    My brother's wife had her baby. He came 3 weeks early but is in good shape and healthy. He is very tiny though. I will have to wait a few weeks before being able to go see them but on the pictures he looks adorable :)  <3  
    Makes me wish it was September already and I got to hold my own baby in my arms.

I live in Canada so no memorial day for me. But weekend was good and weather was warm and sunny.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• How many weeks? Size of baby? 22, Barbie doll (Ken doll since he's a he?)

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? Meh on both. Woke up congested. And have been a weepy mess. I woke up in the middle of Friday night and freaked out about the idea something happening to either my DD or to baby while inside of me. First time in a long time that I've cried for no apparent reason, no insensitive comment or major event to pin it on. I blame the rainy weather. And the hormones. 

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? I see a new primary care physician on Wednesday. It seems weird to start seeing a PCP in the middle of a pregnancy. But I don't have one, and my OB recommended I get one... 

Questions? No 

R/R/R? None other than the random emotional roller coaster!

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic? Our weekend was rainy. Again. For the 4th weekend in a row. Eesh. We're renting a house with 3 other families for memorial day in a getaway area just a few hours from DC. Will be nice to hang out with friends assuming the kids play together well!
  • jas1982jas1982 member
    How many weeks? Size of baby? 24 tomorrow, I can never remember what the apps tell me my size of baby is so again I will go with: judging by the size of me, large ;)

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? I've been a little up and down. I had two falls in one day this weekend and had a total meltdown. Physically I am great except I am having trouble with eating right now - I feel so full all the time and yet I keep eating because I am starving. Leads to a whole host of indigestion issues and general fatness. Que sera, sera, I suppose, the baby seems pretty healthy! 

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? I am now telling myself I have reached the nebulous viability line, which makes me feel a lot better. I would not say I am looking forward to the glucose test next week, but I am looking forward to my 28 week scan which was rescheduled to late June (and will actually be at 29 weeks, close enough). 

Questions? I can't think of anything. Brain too foggy. Too tired. Lol. Anyone else having trouble getting through an average sentence? I am choosing to blame progesterone, which has been super high for me this whole pregnancy. I also blame my huge belly on progesterone. It's better than blaming myself, on the whole. 

R/R/R? @LizC216 I am having the opposite problem, we know what we are having and I sort of wish we either didn't know, or hadn't told anyone. I would prefer not to refer to my child exclusively as BOY BOY HOLY CRAP A BOY, personally. I like blue as much as the next person, but I am excited about the baby, not just the baby's genitals. This has turned people into nightmares, either defiantly purchasing me "LITTLE DUDEBRO"-type clothing or items, or making me sound like a crazy person, eg, my mother telling everyone ONLY UNISEX DECORATIONS AT THE BABY SHOWER. It's really not that serious. Next time maybe we will just keep it to ourselves and tell people we don't know, lol. 

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic? Weekend was great! I finally sold my spouse on trading in his sports car for an SUV, since we could not get a carseat into his sports car. For Memorial Day we are taking a road trip (in the new car, thankfully) up to Ohio to see some family. I wish we didn't have to travel right now, since we are crazy busy, but travel we must. I'll do baby shower one (with my mom), and my sister's graduation. Last out of town for the pregnancy.... whew. 
  • MojieJoMojieJo member

25 + 2; cauliflowers!

Mentally, I'm doing great except for random freak outs about the babies being born prematurely now that I've reached viability.  DH keeps making fun of me and saying that they aren't going to just decide that they're done and ready to go now that they've crossed the viability line, but I can't shake it.  I'm fine most of the time and then I panic out of nowhere. :neutral:  

Physically, I feel great aside from joint pain and that pesky pinched nerve in my back that comes and goes.  I'm positive it's related to the position of Baby B and my OB agrees.

Not looking forward to it, but my GD test is on 6/6 and then I have my first growth scan on 6/9.

Questions? 

Nope.

R/R/R? 

Rave: So. Much. Movement.

Rant: Sorry, this is long.

I take medication for high prolactin levels (which, honestly, was probably due to a medication I'm no longer taking, so I may not even need the corrective medication anymore).  

I just had lab work done about a week ago and my prolactin levels are low (not a big surprise), so my OB wanted to decrease my medication dosage since I don't need the higher dose anymore.

Apparently the nurse who passed on the message is a flake and not only told me the wrong dose (1 tablet instead of 1/2 tablet, down from 2 tablets) but didn't tell me that they were calling in a new prescription.  So the prescription, which has the correct dosing instructions (and would have alerted me to the mix-up sooner) was sitting at the pharmacy for 5 days until they finally called to ask if I was coming to pick it up and I was on the wrong dose (lower, but not low enough) for almost a week of the month I was supposed to be on the lower dose before being reassessed, so my numbers won't be an accurate representation of what the meds are actually doing now.

I plan on telling them at my next appointment (which comes before the blood draw), but I'm annoyed.

Busy.  

Friday: Members only, behind the scenes event at my favorite natural history museum an hour from home.  There for 4 hours.

Saturday: Dinner with 40 people from the huge paintball forum that DH is a moderator on (there was a major paintball event over the weekend and people came in from all over the country).  There for 3.5 hours.

Sunday: DH's cousin's wedding and reception. An hour and a half from home, there for 6.5-7 hours.

No clue what's going on for Memorial Day.  Hopefully nothing because I'm done.  Just DONE.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• ducks6ducks6 member
    How many weeks? Size of baby? 24 weeks weeks. Cantaloupe 

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? I'm feeling pretty good. I have some back and leg pain but it's manageable. Mentally I'm starting to get really excited and ready to plan things.  

I was looking forward to today which is 24 weeks! My next appointment is June 8th where I will have the dreaded GD test. 

Questions? Not right now. 

R/R/R? A friend announced yesterday that she's pregnant and due in November. It'll be nice to have another friend on maternity leave with me. 

My weekend was great! It's a long weekend here so DH and i relaxed, went out to some good restaurants, hung out with friends and are really enjoying it. We don't have plans for Memorial Day since it's not a Canadian holiday. 

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• chavezrd2chavezrd2 member
    edited May 2016

How many weeks? Size of baby? 24w3d

Physically I'm out of breathe more often and my back / hip pain comes and goes. I don't feel prego most days until I try to move LOL. Then its like oh crap, ok take this slow...

Mentally - I'm very up and down, some day's I'm sad for no reason and other days just flat out pissy. It's a battle and I'm getting overwhelmed looking at diapers and formulas and thinking about vaccines for babygirl. I had a lot of anxiety with DD and thought this time would be better but I guess not. Small things pop up on my body or I think about things and I get anxious. My counselor sucked the other day with guidance so I'm looking towards the spiritual side of life via my church. The anxiety/fear sermon or whatever info I can get in books/online.

Glucose test is in 3 weeks so I've started eating better (sorta) I'm hoping for a good test result and that's one less thing to worry about.

Questions?  Anyone planning financially for baby? Estimate monthly for diapers/formula? Hoping to pump but worse case I'm estimating $200 a month (not including daycare) for babygirl. What formula do yall use? Generics for anything? I avoid them normally but the price difference is crazy on diapers/formulas...

R/R/R? 

We picked a name already but keeping it to ourselves (no family at least) and folks keep giving suggestions. How about you keep your mouth shut with naming my unborn child that I AM growing in my body?!?Suggestions are appreciated but not asked for *note sarcasm*. I've begun telling folks yes we have a name and it will be announced once she's here. As politely as I can of course. ;)

My weekend was okay, we had a graduation party on Saturday and it was a crawfish boil and I couldn't eat anything (really spicy or fried) and my DD had an accident which she is way too old for (4yr) and it was the one time I don't carry extra clothes so I spent a chunk of time cleaning her up in the bathroom and washing her clothes in the sink and asking to use the dryer. Very embarrassing and she just was playing and didn't want to stop WTH. No punishment just talked thru it but DH was having a good time and was with the other kids an that made me frustrated. I love the host and her family so I fought hard to keep a good attitude.

Memorial day - nothing planned this weekend yet. We have a wedding on Saturday for a distant aunt where she clearly states "no children please" on the invite but my in laws and husband have decided that doesn't apply to us. I'm torn on whether or not to go anyways. I really don't care if we don't go but hubby wants to go and won't go if we don't but will pout. *eye roll* Hoping for a low key weekend since it's month end work wise and s/next week will be crazy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How many weeks? Size of baby? 23w 3d; Size of a grapefruit

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? Feeling pretty good.

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? Appointment on Wednesday, looking forward to hearing baby's heartbeat. (Not really looking forward to seeing how much weight I've gained :P) Also looking forward to hitting viability this weekend (I had to look up exactly what that meant, I had heard of it before but never really knew the details of what it meant).

Questions? None this week

R/R/R? My step-sister found out yesterday that she will be having a girl in October. LO will have a girl cousin to grow up with :)

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic?  I'm hoping it doesn't rain, DH is supposed to play in a softball tournament this weekend, and we may go to a Memorial Day parade on Monday.
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• How many weeks? Size of baby? 25 weeks 1 day! 

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? Physically I am doing okay. Mentally I've been anxious and worried about my dog who is sick. She's never been like this before so it's very scary. Sigh. Oh, and my doula that we had a deposit on pulled out today. What the! Now we have to interview more. Sigh. 

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? I think I'm looking forward to the third trimester! 

Questions? 

R/R/R? Still fuming/disappointed about the doula..

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic? We are having our sex reveal party for our friends in LA! yay! 
  • Tippy05Tippy05 member
    How many weeks? Size of baby?  22w 2 days - I've seen barbie doll, which makes much more sense than the fruit/veggie comparisons lately.

How are you feeling? Physically and mentally? Mentally MUCH better.  Physically, I'm still just so tired and continue to get headaches almost daily.  I've also noticed my jaw is quite sore lately and brought it up to my dentist yesterday.  He said my teeth/jaws/gums all look good and then asked me if I was stressed... um YEAH!!!!  He said Im probably clenching my teeth at night and told me to wear a nightguard.  I'm hoping that helps with my jaw and also possibly my headaches.  We'll see.

Next milestone/appointment you are looking forward to? Next appointment isn't for another month (it was scheduled for 5 weeks out instead of 4, the the glucose test after that so nothing exciting for a while.  I'm feeling baby move all the time now so that makes the wait time in between appointments much more bearable.

Questions? 

R/R/R? 

GTKY: How was your weekend? Also, any big plans for Memorial Day? Camping? Picnic? It's my birthday weekend and we'll probably go home to see my family.  We'll spend the long weekend up there and grill out, maybe sit by the bonfire... it'll just be nice to not have to work and be away from the chaos for 3 days!
  • LizC216LizC216 member
    @Tippy05 Enjoy your birthday weekend!
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers