July 2016 Moms
Options

Monday B*itchfest 5/23

It's Monday. Bitch away...

laughing laugh monday lmao lmfao

Re: Monday B*itchfest 5/23

• Options
    Still recovering from my not-so-great weekend....and no amount of coffee and cure my headache right now. However I'm enjoying the peace and quiet that is the office place right now.  
  • Options
    Sciatic pain is killing me.  Walking is so painful the last week.  It seems like if I am up and moving it's ok, but sitting (like I have to do most of the day at work) and then walking and then repeating makes it worse.

So girl I work with has been complaining of sciatic pain since before she even finished first tri.  She got herself put on light duty somehow due to sciatic before she was even showing (we work in healthcare and she is a CNA).... lame.... (I'm in no way minimizing the pain or serious conditions that many of the women on this board may be going through, I just think she is whining over nothing as she has a tendency to do in general).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very impatiently waiting for the results of my FFN test this morning....I'm at home trying to distract myself and it's not working. I woke up with some dull pain (felt like ovary pain) but it's been constant, and even worse when I'm walking and going up stairs. I realized once I was at work I really should call my  midwife, who wanted me to come in. My blood pressure was a bit high (for me, 132/82) but good news is I'm not dilated. I called DH after the appt and he is worried about going away this weekend, we're supposed to be out of town Thursday-Sunday, so I guess we'll see once I get a result from the test.
  • Options
    I'm sitting on my couch with a plate full of really yummy watermelon and I feel a coughing spell coming on. I have to decide between tossing my food off of my lap and crossing my legs or crossing my fingers and prayng for the best.
    Thank goodness for washing machines because there was no time to react either way.
  • Options
    We're currently fighting a warranty company over my car that we just bought 3 months ago along with a full warranty. I distinctly remember, when the dealer was telling us about the warranty, that if God forbid the engine just broke down it would cover a new engine. He was trying to sell us on the worst case scenario of course, but he said it. Well, worst case scenario happened and my engine has to be replaced, which is over $2500. The warranty guy that came to check it out said they don't cover 'pre-existing conditions' (isn't that what a warranty is for?!) and that our dealer shouldn't have even offered the warranty on our car because it wasn't properly maintained before we bought it. Even though the car was supposed to have been inspected and whoever inspected it apparently said they thought the engine looked ok. My husband is calling the dealer today to try to see if they will negotiate with the warranty company since they were the ones to sell us this warranty and the warranty people are saying they shouldn't have sold it, so I'm hoping they will own it and help or we may have a lawsuit on our hands. Why are people such jerks?
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I hate Monday's. Today was suppose to be the first of a four day work week. Started off with a computer that wouldn't turn on. The IT guys fixed it because apparently my monitor went out. Good thing I didn't leave the office, because a few hours later I got the blue screen of death. Now I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for them to call me and tell me it's done. This could not be happening at a worse time than it is. The company that I'm currently on the audit for releases their earnings release tomorrow and I have a ton of shit to get through before that happens. 

All I want is to crawl in bed, cry, nap, and re-start the day. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    We're currently fighting a warranty company over my car that we just bought 3 months ago along with a full warranty. I distinctly remember, when the dealer was telling us about the warranty, that if God forbid the engine just broke down it would cover a new engine. He was trying to sell us on the worst case scenario of course, but he said it. Well, worst case scenario happened and my engine has to be replaced, which is over $2500. The warranty guy that came to check it out said they don't cover 'pre-existing conditions' (isn't that what a warranty is for?!) and that our dealer shouldn't have even offered the warranty on our car because it wasn't properly maintained before we bought it. Even though the car was supposed to have been inspected and whoever inspected it apparently said they thought the engine looked ok. My husband is calling the dealer today to try to see if they will negotiate with the warranty company since they were the ones to sell us this warranty and the warranty people are saying they shouldn't have sold it, so I'm hoping they will own it and help or we may have a lawsuit on our hands. Why are people such jerks?
    You should have it in writing with the bill of sales.
  • Options
    I had an appointment with the perinatal doctor today, or so I thought.  It turned out to just be a growth ultrasound with the tech and a check on the previa.  Short of getting answers to "what is that?" in regards to stuff on the screen, I knew nothing more than I did before the scan.  The doctor won't read it until later today, and it won't go into my online records for a couple days or so.  Also the tech had to press fairly hard to get any pictures because baby kept running from the wand, so my stomach muscles legit hurt.  To add insult to injury, I didn't even get any pics to take home. Almost two hours one way by myself for few answers, no pictures, and sore stomach muscles - Oh and having to take a whole day off work because the appointment was mid morning.  Happy Monday to me.  Ugh. 

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @stellaluna14 yes to the whispering and staring! Like they've never seen a pregnant person. I keep telling them you know I have like 8 weeks and some odd days, nothing is happening now and if it was, I wouldn't share it with you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Was pretty much told the plan I had to work from home and extend my maternity leave by a week wasn't going to happen. Not allowed to work from home until all of my pto/vacation time is gone.

The original plan was work for an hour or two each morning on the laptop and then fill in with pto/vacation because there is no way I can get in an 8 hour work day from home. The extra bit of hours from working at home would allow me to have 4 weeks of maternity leave with two full paychecks during that time. Once that is done, I would go back because I can not afford to miss work.

Now, my maternity leave will be 3 weeks whether the dr. will release me to go back or not because the GM is a twat. Think I will use the hour or two a day that I was going to work from home to work on a resume and finding a new job.
  • Options
    My sisters are throwing me a baby shower, which is very nice of them, however, it is in a different state.   My selfish self is afraid that my baby shower is going to be poorly attended (since most of those invited live in my state or a good three hours away) and that it will be my one and only shower.   I just keep thinking about the shower I threw for a friend and she had 20 or so people there.  Mine will have 4-5 people besides me.
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @afaddis89 I will also be looking for a new job. I was just informed by another coworker that her leave is only 2 WEEKS long paid for. I cannot afford to take 12 weeks off in that case. I will be calling to confirm this, but if that's the case then I'm definitely done.  
  • Options
    Work. My endless complaint. One boss is terribly hungover. In fact he actually said he's probably still drunk, waiting for the hangover to kick in. The other one is melting down because our internet is being crappy. Their whining is driving me nuts. I told them we should all leave and try again tomorrow. Clearly today isn't cut out to be awesome for anyone. This little human is sucking the life out of me and I'd rather be laying on my couch watching DVR'd shows. Not going to lie. 
  • Options
    @rnyland1 @ktomorrow comments like that make me ragey. I've gotten the "you really need to think about getting a new car before the baby gets here" comment from my MIL on more than one occasion. I would LOVE to trade in my little 2 door, fwd car for a newer & safer 4 door, 4wd crossover, but unless someone wants to make the down payment & my monthly car payments for me for the next year, it's just not going to happen so please shut your trap!
  • Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    if one more person today tells me that I look tired....

I hate that shit!  Just go ahead and tell me I look awful, don't try and sugar coat with "are you okay? You look tired".  Well for f***s sake I am tired!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @setoshYeah, the place I work doesn't put any money toward paid maternity leave, which I am fine with. I was going to be using all of my vacation time and pto that I have earned. I had already worked out the plan with my manager and had mentioned it to the GM about doing an hour or two each day. Then they threw this at me today while I am at home and sick (most likely from a co-worker). I have cried for about an hour now because I was pretty much told I am losing that extra week to spend with my first child.

I am just done bending over backwards and doing my best to go above and beyond for this company, just for them to turn around and do this to me.  
  • Options
    kellz14kellz14 member
    bishopkd said:
    My sisters are throwing me a baby shower, which is very nice of them, however, it is in a different state.   My selfish self is afraid that my baby shower is going to be poorly attended (since most of those invited live in my state or a good three hours away) and that it will be my one and only shower.   I just keep thinking about the shower I threw for a friend and she had 20 or so people there.  Mine will have 4-5 people besides me.
    bishopkd If that turns out to be the case, you can always throw a "meet the baby" bbq after the baby is born, just specifying to people not to bring gifts.  That way, you can graciously enjoy the shower your sisters throw for you - but then have all your nearby friends still be able to get together to celebrate the baby's arrival later on. 
  • Options
    mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited May 2016
    setosh said:
    @afaddis89 I will also be looking for a new job. I was just informed by another coworker that her leave is only 2 WEEKS long paid for. I cannot afford to take 12 weeks off in that case. I will be calling to confirm this, but if that's the case then I'm definitely done.  
    @setosh Yeah, you should probably check with your HR dept and fast...I'm surprised you haven't discussed this with anyone yet. I had a "leave meeting" like 2 months ago where they went over how much will be covered and all the rules about FMLA, etc. 

ETA and I'm doubting you'll be able to get a new job within two months (while visibly pregnant, at that) that'll cover you for more...
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @afaddis89 I'm so sorry, that sucks.

• Options
    I'm so ready for all DSs adoption stuff to be finalized!  This has been the most long and drawn out process I've ever had to go through in my life!  Friday we get a surprise phone call from the adoption agency that processed our home study (LAST YEAR) stating that since it's been so long and the adoption hasn't been finalized (even longer freaking story) that they needed to do a re-check home study to make sure everything is still ship-shape and that's going to be $200 dollars and it has to be done within the week. Oh and I'm not sure if they told you this or not last time we'll also have to do another just after the adoption has been finalized for state purposes and that's also going to be another $200.  Because this adoption hasn't already cost us enough! Please don't get me wrong he is TOTALLY worth all of this, it's just been a very frustrating 2 years and with this surprise pregnancy and all of the change our lives have had and are going through this is just not what I needed right now.  BTW the whole thing took 10 f*ing min. Not sure why it costs $200 dollars. Really.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadyFleckLadyFleck member
    edited May 2016
    Whoever reported me for the middle finger Gif in FFFC, I hope you have a really nice day.
    Wait, didn't I start the entire thread with a picture of a gorilla flipping the bird? That's some BS. 

ETA: Ah nope. Just checked. I started TW Tuesday with that lovely image. Still though...