1st Trimester

No sign of baby on 1st prenatal visit

Hello ladies:) I'm in an awkward situation here. I tested positive for my pregnancy test, but when I went in for my first visit, thinking I'm 11 weeks,  my OBGYN could not find baby. Has anyone gone through this? 

Thanks,
Uneasy

Answers

• Were you tracking your ovulation prior to getting pregnant? If you don't know the exact date you ovulated, you may have done so later than you thought, therefore having a later conception date. Are they bringing you back in for a follow up? I'm assuming they did either urine or blood testing as well, do you have the results from that?

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• When did you get a positive pregnancy test?
  • Loading the player...
  • As pp asked if you were tracking that could be helpful because I ovulated later than I thought and was a week off from my lmp so it changed my date how far I was and what showed on our ultrasound 
  • Did he see a sac or a yolk or absolutely nothing? Also i 2nd PP's - when did you get a positive test?
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• I did. It was a missed miscarriage. We discovered it during week 12 checkup. Miscarriage happened around week 14 but baby stopped developing around week 6 already. Your doctor didn't explain anything?
  • jrouge12jrouge12 member
    edited May 2016
    Silly question but you never said it was an US? My first prenatal they just used the dopplar to listen for the heartbeat. The doctor couldn't find it at 9 weeks, but knew from my uterus that I was pregnant. She theorized it was because my uterus was retroverted. Yes I was pregnant and now I have a healthy baby.