October 2015 Moms
Options

Birthday vent-Total AW feel free to ignore lol

todays my birthday. I didn't expect much, SO just switched jobs and we've known he has to work for a while now. What gets me is him saying yesterday about him taking care of the baby and getting the older ones off to school so I can sleep in or go get a pedi. I'm hesitant to spend the money and I told him that, but some extra sleep is always wonderful. Fast forward to this morning I wake the kids for school and lay down while they're getting ready. I woke him when it was time to make sure they were ready and what not and tell him I'm going to check on them, he says ok and falls back asleep. I get them off to school and occupy the baby and go cuddle him a little bit, Purposefully waking him up. He cuddled until I said I had to check on the baby. He went back to sleep. Forty minutes later, after I've done the dishes and prepared the coffee, I go to wake him again and this time he's up. He comes down stairs and says about cutting the grass before work. So he goes out to do it. At this point I'm disappointed but really it's no big deal, he's tired I know that, grass needs cut so the landlord doesn't get mad, and I'm doing all the normal stuff. So while I didn't get to sleep in I'm ok not upset just disappointed. He randomly comes in and says he's sorry for not even wishing me a happy birthday and I told him it's not a a big deal I'm just taking care of the baby its ok. He gets all butt hurt like I'm trying to be mean to him. No dude I'm seriously just doing what I always do. No snark no attitude but he gets this super hurt look on his face. Then he comes back in saying he'll finish the back yard later he just hopes no one calls the landlord complaining. I told him it's ok. He responds with "It's ok to you because you're not the one that deals with the complaints." I told him I meant it's ok go do it. It's not that big of a deal that you're doing it. He walks away so I sit with the baby. Then he comes to me asking what I want him to do because I left him hanging!! WTF?!?! I told him to just go cut the grass. Now I'm upset. Stupid I know but seriously dude you forgot my birthday, you didn't do what you said you would but then you turn it around making me feel like a dick. I'm over it. I just wanna skip my birthday and get to tomorrow. 

If you made it this far you deserve a cookie lol. And please feel free to let you vents out here too. 

Re: Birthday vent-Total AW feel free to ignore lol

• Options
    And on top of it all I got my period this morning, cramps and all. Thank you Mother Nature 
  • Options
    I totally understand!!! Im sorry you had a crummy birthday  :( men just dont get it. I think the worst part is when they say theyre going to do something and dont. 
    Im sure you wouldnt have given it a second thought if he didnt tell you he was going to let you sleep in. 
    Grrrr men. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First, happy Birthday! And Secondly, I'm sorry! I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm hoping he can find a way to show he loves and appreciates you at some point today! Next year, just plan your own day and if you need to get a sitter! 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! Typically he's great at birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and what not. But the last years been stressful so it's been rough. After writing this he apologized so much and made us breakfast. He is at work now but he set it up with a friend for her to take the older kids for a few hours so I played in the tub with the baby and now we're laying in bed while he finally naps! SO won't be home until like 10 but he's staying up watching a movie with me (he said we can do whatever I want lol).
  • Options
    Good!!! Im glad your day turned out better!! :)
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    Happy Bday
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!! He came home with a home spa pedi thing and gave me a pedi :-) it's amusing watching him learn to paint nails but it's awesome!!
  • Options
    AiramJAiramJ member
    Happy Birthday!!! So sorry you had a crappy day. Birthdays used to be a big deal for me and still are, but DH doesn't do anything for mine anymore. My last birthday, two weeks after LO was born... Husband got drunk the night before, stayed up till got knows when and didn't get up until 5pm on my birthday. I got no present, no card, no flowers. Not even a 'Happy Birthday'. He just said sorry for sleeping all day. WTF. I was so hurt. Still am. I 'forgot' his birthday in return and he wasn't even bothered. I guess that's just how it's gonna be for us :-( men are dicks.
  • Options
    @airamj that really sucks!!! I would have been uber hurt too! You should plan yourself a day out and make it know to him daily coming up to your birthday. You get you time without baby and he gets baby.

SO is still being super sweet making up for it so my feelings are all better lol