April 2016 Moms
Options

Bassinet to crib? Is it time?

LO is 8 weeks tomorrow and the past few nights I have woken up to him smooshed against one side of the bassinet. The sides are mesh breathable (halo bassinest) but it makes me wonder how much longer he should be sleeping there. We just got back from a week in NC with him sleeping in a pack and play, and every morning I'd wake up to him having rotated 45 degrees from the position I put him in initially. I'm SO not ready to move him to the nursery and his crib but I worry about him moving so much!! He sleeps in a halo sleepsack with his arms swaddled. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bassinet to crib? Is it time?

• Options
    We moved DD1 from bassinet to crib at about 8 weeks for similar reasons. However, we had the interim step of having her in our room in a minicrib for another month or two. Once that also seemed small she moved into a regular crib in her own room (around 4 months or so). All of these transitions were effortless, I think because she never moved into a huge space relative to her size. Good luck!
  • Options
    mumidimumidi member
    DS has been in his crib for 2 weeks now (so since he was 3 weeks).  He sleeps in a woombie.  The last two night he's been moving down while sleeping.  It's normal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has been in her crib since the day we brought her home from the hospital. She doesn't really care for swaddles and sleeps just fine without them, so we don't bother. She also rotates in her sleep, I would love to know how she does it!

She is almost 7 weeks old.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    DD has been in her crib since the day we brought her home from the hospital. She doesn't really care for swaddles and sleeps just fine without them, so we don't bother. She also rotates in her sleep, I would love to know how she does it!

She is almost 7 weeks old.
    I know! I wake up and I'm like:

• Options
    We moved DD at about 6 months when she could sit up. Her crib was on a different level so we waited as long as possible.
  • Options
    He started outgrowing the bassinet at 5 weeks (this Sunday) .., well really at 5 weeks. And he started only waking up once or twice at that time... So we moved him into his crib. I cried. Mostly because he's growing up so fast and I missed his heavy breathing at night. But it's been four nights and I'm better and he did a great job going to a crib. He likes to be swaddled sort of. He grunts for a bit trying to free his arms.
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    He started outgrowing the bassinet at 5 weeks (this Sunday) .., well really at 5 weeks. And he started only waking up once or twice at that time... So we moved him into his crib. I cried. Mostly because he's growing up so fast and I missed his heavy breathing at night. But it's been four nights and I'm better and he did a great job going to a crib. He likes to be swaddled sort of. He grunts for a bit trying to free his arms.
    I will absolutely bawl my eyes out when we do move him. :(:( My LO fights the swaddle too (much grunting involved lol) but then falls asleep, always makes me wonder how he'd do with his arms free. I'm too afraid to test the waters though because he sleeps 4-6 hours during his long stretch as it is now.
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited May 2016
    We moved DD1 at 8 weeks because I needed my own space. She slept in the cradle of a PnP in our room, then went straight to the crib. She had absolutely no issues with transitioning. She ended up sleeping through the night at 8 weeks (9-5 or 6). But she was always an amazing sleeper (that is, until now, when we brought DD2 home, but that's a different story). She always moved around a lot in her sleep. At 2 months old, in a Halo sleep sack arms swaddled, she'd make it to all four corners of the crib in one night. I didn't know how at the time, but now that she's 2.5 and never ever stops I totally get it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker