November 2015 Moms

Opinions?!

So my husband and I haven't been romantic since our daughter was born (so over 6 months) and just last night did the deed for the first time since then. I'm breastfeeding on cue, just starting introducing a few foods here and there, a little bit each day & I have not gotten my period back yet. Everything I find online seems to have mixed reviews.. I know none of y'all are doctors but I'm looking for opinions on if I should even bother spending like $50 dollars on Plan B. It's not that I can't afford it, I just would rather not spend the money if the odds are highly in my favor of not getting pregnant again. 

TIA! 

Re: Opinions?!

• You're probably fine, but if you absolutely don't want to get pregnant then you should probably pick up Plan B since you ovulation occurs before your first PP period. 
  • Are you pregnant probably not, but it is not outside the relm of possibilities. If finding yourself pregnant in a few weeks would truely not be a happy surprise for you and DH I would get plan B. If you guys would be ok  with another LO sooner than later then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • PocoHRPocoHR member
    I agree with the pp, it's highly unlikely but if pregnancy would be a huge disaster for you right now you might want tone safe and get plan b.
  • We are kind of in the same boat, we had sex 4 times in 6 months and I am not using any contraception yet. No period yet and bf+ pumping. We are not trying to conceive yet though, so I will get an IUD next month. If I got pregnant it would not be a catastrophy though, so no plan b.