November 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday - May 18th Ventfest

I'll kick start this one... 

WTF to the Kansas City TSA guy that would not let me do an opt out during my security check-in!  I understand some places say it is safe for pregnant women, but they also say (John Hopkins) that if women feel uncomfortable with the slight risk, they should still opt out.  Not cool!

Also, thanks for making me take off my sweater that was covering my unshaved armpits.  I prefer not showing the world that it's still not summer and I haven't had to shave for a couple days.  It's not a jacket.  I remove my jackets per the requirements.
Me: 32 DH: 37
BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

Re: WTF Wednesday - May 18th Ventfest

• WTF to friends we vacation with.  DH and I do most of the organizing for our annual multi-family Memorial Day weekend trip and things that had previously been discussed and decided upon for this year are being questioned and changed.  I know most of my reaction is over-tired-hormonal-pregnant-lady reaction, but it was all already set!  Annoys me to no end because now I need to change my packing and shopping lists.  I know we will end up missing things and with duplicates of others.

I need to be on this vacation, physically and mentally already...
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WTF wildlife. I had a mouse in my car a couple days ago, we had a stand off in which I thought I was for sure a dead woman. My two year old laughed at me. Yesterday woke up, went to do some laundry and a scary beast was in my dryer. A bird flew in the outside vent and decided to make my dryer her home. I am so over rodents. 
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF everyone in my office. Is it so much to ask that a pregnant woman be left alone for 20 minutes to eat her lunch without someone interrupting her?! Apparently it is because I was just interrupted 5 times in 20 minutes. Yummmm... Nothing like cold coconut shrimp at 1:30pm.
  • SRJR2013 said:
    WTF wildlife. I had a mouse in my car a couple days ago, we had a stand off in which I thought I was for sure a dead woman. My two year old laughed at me. Yesterday woke up, went to do some laundry and a scary beast was in my dryer. A bird flew in the outside vent and decided to make my dryer her home. I am so over rodents. 
    This reminded me of this:

Sorry that happened to you, but that's definitely a feat of Motherhood. Having to stay calm for your 2 year old. I've been there with a bee that flew in my window. Sh*t got real.
  • leighryleighry member
    I'm tired of people telling me how tired I look. I always get asked how much sleep I get, and then there is always some Mensa candidates who asks if I had considered day care so I can "get off nights." Thanks for your brain trust.. I can assure you there is a reason I work the hours I work.
  • @SRJR2013 the same thing is happening to me -- we moved into a new rental (a 100 year old part of a barn on a cliff) in February (rural western new york...few rentals) and the first weekend we had to have a bee keeper cut out the wall and remove 4 three feet long honey bee combs. Then the damn birds nesting in my brand new dryer (oh the smell was so bad). And now there are squirrels in my kitchen cieling! Im wondering if they all think im snow white  :D
  • WTF work. I just got an email confirming plans for me to move offices for the 3rd time in 2 years... excuse me?! I was never even informed I'd be moving. I mean, it's just down the hall, but it's still boxing up all my crap and moving it when I'll be 5 months pregnant, how delightful! I'm just sick of feeling like I'm not even on work's radar as an actual person.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SRJR2013 the same thing is happening to me -- we moved into a new rental (a 100 year old part of a barn on a cliff) in February (rural western new york...few rentals) and the first weekend we had to have a bee keeper cut out the wall and remove 4 three feet long honey bee combs. Then the damn birds nesting in my brand new dryer (oh the smell was so bad). And now there are squirrels in my kitchen cieling! Im wondering if they all think im snow white  :D
    Oh girl I feel your pain. Why do they feel the need to move in with us!
  • WTF pregnancy brain?!  I'll be mid sentence and forget the point I'm trying to make!
    It's almost like the time when... when... hmfph.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF people who react to my pregnancy news with "I KNEW you were pregnant! I just didn't say anything." yeah, dudes, I know you knew because it's been 13 weeks and I couldn't hide it anymore and I'm not drinking, but I was keeping it close for a reason. Can you just say congrats and move on? I am not impressed by your sleuthing ability.