September 2015 Moms
Options

Teeth coming in out of order?

Baby girl is 8 months. She got her bottom 2 central incisors at about 6 months. Now her Left-upper lateral incisor broke through before her upper central incisors. is that odd? I mean they definitely look super puffy and i think i cans see them about to come in any day now. Just thought it was strange. FTM so have nothing to compare to than niece/nephews and friend's babies.

Re: Teeth coming in out of order?

• Options
    I got my upper lateral incisors before my centrals when I was a baby. I looked like a vampire baby, haha. I think tooth order is like other things in development. There is a "normal" order but there is also healthy deviation from that order. My son has a top central tooth coming in as his first tooth instead of the bottom ones. 
  • Options
    My #4 kiddo had two bottom teeth then his two top fang teeth before he got his front teeth. He looked so cute. The dentist said it wasn't unusual to have that happen, every kiddo is different.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my upper lateral incisors before my centrals when I was a baby. I looked like a vampire baby, haha. I think tooth order is like other things in development. There is a "normal" order but there is also healthy deviation from that order. My son has a top central tooth coming in as his first tooth instead of the bottom ones. 
    Haha, vampire baby here too! totally agree with pp also. 
    My first born was bottom two, then the top two followed. This little guy has his bottom two, then the Dracula fangs (lol) and now over the past 3 days, his top left is appearing, with his top right looking ready to pop too! All happening very fast! :)
  • Options
    BognesBognes member
    We have three bottoms 
  • Options
    @Bognes nawww! Must look cute as a button. :)
  • Options
    lol okay. Good to know! Didn't want to call the doc on that one. Figured it was pretty "normal" 
  • Options
    Yes! Dracula babe here too! She's got the two outer incisors and one central bottom. She looks so flippin cute!
  • Options
    This is happening to my son too! lol