Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Hair care for my 6 month old

I am in dire need of products for my baby's hair and scalp.  She still has a bit of cradle cap, but I want to put something on her hair that provides oil but won't clog pores.  She also suffers from eczema.  So, the product needs to be natural and not filled with unwanted scents, etc.  Any suggestions???  Thanks in advance.

Re: Hair care for my 6 month old

• I got rid of my DD's cradle cap by using the fine toothed comb they sent me home with at the hospital. Just gently brushed to loosen the scales over a couple days and they never came back!
  • Loading the player...
  • Breastmilk if your breastfeeding.  Coconut oil also works great, work it in then use a brush of comb and gently work it.  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Vasaline worked great for my baby when he was a few weeks old. I would massage it into his scalp before bed and put a hat on him to sleep. Then I would wash his hair in the morning and massage it with a brush to loosen the scales. It was gone in a week.
  • I got rid of my DD's cradle cap by using the fine toothed comb they sent me home with at the hospital. Just gently brushed to loosen the scales over a couple days and they never came back!

I did this along with some baby oil. Worked great.
  • I used olive oil. Massage it into the scalp, then gently brush with a soft toothbrush. Then wash hair as normal
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old