July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 5/17

What's making you just wanna say f%#* you?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 5/17

• Options
    Every day, I drive 15 miles south of my house to get DS to school. Then I drive 20 miles north of my house to work. Today I arrived at work and was setting my purse down when I realized I needed to be in a different office today, which happens to be 35 miles south of my house. 

Pregnancy brain, why you such a TW??
  • Options
    My TW today is insomnia. I was awake for about two hours straight last night in addition to the twenty times I have to get up to pee. I know that when I get to work I'm going to have a hard time keeping my eyes open. It's going to be a long day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    My stomach is the twatwaffle. First I had brutal heartburn, then nausea and vomitting returned, then bloating and stomach cramping. I just want a happy belly today
  • Options
    My TW are my feet, they went from swelling in the middle of the day to just being swollen all the time! My feet look like cupcakes when they are in my shoes.
  • Options
    Printers are the TW today. Well, last night. I have an interview this afternoon right after work and needed to print updated resumes and work samples, and our printer at home decided it was out of ink (which it is not, it's a conspiracy by HP to make you buy overpriced cartridges twice as often...I checked those things and they still have plenty of ink in them. Ugh.) So then we went to my inlaws to use their printer and Google docs decided that it didn't know what to do with my files and printed them all fuzzy and wacked out no matter what we did. By that time it was 10:30 and I have to get up early for work, so I was about to fall over. We drove to a 24 hour FedEx printing station and had the same issue, but at least some of my pictures would print, but they charged like $15 for 10 minutes and only 8 color printouts. By the time we got home it was 11:30 and I still had no resume printed and I was pregnant crying and so mad. DH was an angel and told me to send a new file to his parents house and he'd go back and try again and let me get ready for bed. Finally got to bed after midnight, but now I have resumes. I still don't understand why it was so hard to print a freaking Word document. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Torrential downpour. No no no.
  • Options
    Jodi1980Jodi1980 member
    edited May 2016
    t-dap vaccine is a TW! I feel like I got hit by a Mack truck. I was fine until I got home last night after getting it.  This morning I feel just as bad. I guess the added benefit of feeling like "mu-shad" (italian pronunciation) is it temporarily makes me forget about the never ending rib pain to the right side.    
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone I work with is a TW. I hate everyone today. I need to put up a sign that says "Don't Talk to Me Today" in front of my cube so that they will all leave me alone and let me get some work done! 
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 Unfortunately, I think they are allowed to do it quite legally. The fundraising organization I worked with, and I'm pretty sure the other teachers used, is specifically for funding classroom projects, so part of the agreement with the fundraising site is that anything we acquire is registered as property of the school so teachers can't just take whatever they get for their classes with them if they leave the school. The policy is meant to ensure that the students that were meant to benefit are the ones that benefit, but I never dreamed the school itself would take advantage of that and 'redistribute'. It is crappy of them, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    Well, now either I'm the TW or the school got enough flame that they are trying to cover their own TWness, but they are now claiming that they are collecting devices just to optimize them and will return them to departments they came from. That is definitely not what they said, but hopefully that means my classroom is not losing everything now. Considering that they originally wanted me to send all accessories with my devices, I don't see how they can say they were intending all along to simply optimize the software and return them, let alone how they explain the whole 'redistribution' thing they said they were doing. They are trying to make me feel like a crazy person. Roller coaster of teacher rage!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    My sinus infection is a twatwaffle.  My head and chest are all congested and the excessive drainage is making me nauseous. :(
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Today I feel like I'm being a TW.  I'm a STM, but my mother is insisting on throwing a "baby sprinkle" (shower for small stuff like clothes, cutesy stuff, etc.) since my first baby was a boy and I'm now expecting a girl.  I don't think my IL's were planning on doing anything special since this isn't my first baby, but my SIL is wanting to plan a shower, on a Friday night of all times, since my mom's planning one.  I hate being the center of attention at stuff like this, and I feel like I'm just being ungrateful, but we've already bought this baby's bedding, mattress, and car seat (with extra base for DH's truck) - all of the furniture and stuff like that is being reused from when DS was a baby - all we could possibly need is some girly outfits and maybe some burp cloths and blankets.  Maybe I just need to suck it up, play along, and "ooh" and "ahh" over the cute girly stuff. 

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My TW today is work. I am so sick of being here and trying to be nice to people on the phone, especially when 90% of the time they treat me and my co-workers like we are less than human because they don't like our answers. I am also beyond sick of hearing about others vacations (I work at a timeshare so it is almost constant). It makes me sad that paid maternity leave doesn't exist, so instead I am using up every bit of vacation time and pto I have earned just so I don't lose the roof over my head when I go on leave. I know I am lucky to have that paid time to cover my expenses, but its just depressing to know I don't get to do anything special for my anniversary again because I can't take the time off.
  • Options
    Today's TW is life in general. I didn't go to bed until 1 a.m. and I feel like a zombie. I feel like I'm drunk, hungover, and gross. I wanna go home :'( I don't know how my pre pregnancy self did late nights. I need to be in bed by 10 these days. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    foxa319foxa319 member
    Ugh I'm the tw today. I missed my dr appt and nst today! Just totally blanked on it! now I have to miss some work tomorrow to reschedule what I missed. What a dumb dumb I am!
  • Options
    Target is a TW. Can I please just order diapers without your stupid website freezing!? 
  • Options
    sami1784sami1784 member
    edited May 2016
    I have another TW... the hatchery that I ordered the almost 600 chickens from for my county 4-H program.  I just spoke to them on the phone, the chicks should ship tomorrow, which means 1) they obviously won't be here tomorrow, 2) they probably won't be here on Thursday, 3) they could be here as late as Saturday (and we're NOT open on Saturday), which would mean a whole lot of possibly dead chickens.  I hope they're here on Friday, but that will leave me an hour to deal with chickens and get them settled in before I have to go to my OB appointment, and then rush back to deal with them once more. This might very well be the last year we order from that hatchery.

Oh yeah, pregnancy constipation sucks too.  Total TW.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My lovely co-worker takes the cake today. Our boss was in an appointment and in need of some forms for a client. I did the forms he asked, however when I walked in to hand them to him, he'd decided on doing some additional work with the client. I was on lunch, and needed to leave for an appointment, so I said I'd have said co-worker do the additional forms. I go in and explain to her what's needed, and who she can call for help. Her next question, Do these need to be done NOW? Well I don't know, Jessica. The client is sitting there NOW. What do you think?! Granted I know most of her response came from the fear of not knowing what she was doing and wanting extra time to get it done. Get used to it, chick. This is your new life. I'm out the door in 12 business days!
  • Options
    Pregnancy leg cramps are TW. I was woken with one yesterday that was so bad I couldn't move my foot to stretch it. I had to wake DH up so that he could move my foot and stretch it out for me. It is now over 24 hours later and it feels just as terrible. Every time I move my leg I get shooting pain. Ughhh just go away.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    Weight gain's the TW or rather I am. I gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks and now I'm super nervous and researching over the top stuff like pre-e (even tho I know dr Google is bad) and obsessing over getting home to get exercise and how I'm going to eat better and drink more water and and and... I'm scared even though my doc played it cool so I know I should calm the heck down.
  • Options
    Am I allowed to call the baby a TW? Or my DS? Because both of them are little assholes today. 

The one inside me is using every opportunity to cause me actual pain. Not annoying, persistent pokes and prods like usual. Like painful, deliberate jabs into my sore cervix and a bony little ass rammed right into my ribs simultaneously. I couldn't focus at work all day or do anything useful all night without pain. 

The one outside me is cranky because of a sore on his hand he got from falling and can't do ANYTHING on his own because he acts like it's broken. He spilled his dinner plate all over himself even though I warned him three times to watch it. He's 6. He's too damn old to be making that kind of mess. And the. He took a bath and went outside to put out the fire in our fire pit with DH and he got his feet dirty again. 

I am trying so hard not to be a dick to my family but I am so done with everything. 
  • Options
    My butt is the TW. I am getting a stomachache and feel like I need to fart, but I am scared that it might be a shart instead of a fart......and I don't want that happening! Even though I got a 4 hour break at work, I still am exhausted and feel like I just need to veg on the couch. 

My other TW is soccer cleats in my DD's size. I get that she has small feet, but she cannot be the only one! Stores never have her size, so we have to order blindly online and hope that they fit. I cannot wait for her feet to grow! The first time I ordered, she wore a size 8 and I bought an 8 and 9, and the 9 was the only pair that fit. Then, I couldn't find any 10's, but I found a 10.5 and according to reviews, they ran narrow and small. So I figured they would be like a 10. Nope. I got them, and they run true to size. So I am holding onto them for future use, but now I have to order some 9.5's. For fuck sakes stores....get your shit together and realize that if places around you start soccer at age 3, you should probably have some smaller sizes on hand so people can try them on their kids!
    I've got a second TW- work. I set up the science experiments at a high school, so we deal with any spillages/injuries etc. 3 kids just got chemicals all over them, which isn't a problem as long as there isn't a reaction. All 3 have 'had' a reaction after we asked them numerous times and they reckoned they hadn't. All 3 are now in ambulances to hospital which is just ridiculous because I would bet none of them are actually reacting like they say they are- there's no rash visible on their skin, but they are itchy. They were feeding off the teacher's energy who was freaking the f**k out and started to panic. Now we have to deal with the fall out, plus the fact that the teacher has been banned from doing labs but the Head of department probably hasn't told him so next time he orders a prac we will have to deny it.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    Gummy bears are a TW tonight. I ate the whole damn bag because they tasted so good and now my tummy hurts! I guess that makes me the TW too for eating them all.