Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Misoprostol

Did anyone's throat feel funny after taking their medication orally? My Dr said I could take it either way so I obviously chose to take it orally. I'm on my second pill and each time I've taken it my throat feels weird. I can't describe the feeling it's not tingling though. 

Re: Misoprostol

• I'm sorry you find yourself here. I have no experience with this - does your OB have an after hours call line? They may be able to help you figure out if this is a reaction or not.
  • I have only used it vaginally.  Sorry I am no help.  I hope all is OK
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm on my last pill and nothing happened... No cramps and no increase in blood... Hmmmm. 
  • edited May 2016
    I used it vaginally and it was a success. I wet the pills slightly before insertion. I took them at 10 am. Started bleeding by noon. And I passed the sac around 8 pm. 

Maybe your dr will let you try another round vaginally. However, be warned it was very very painful. 

Eta I also used a  tampon to help shove them up as close to my cervix as possible. 
  • Thanks for the advice. My Dr did perscribe me another round at double the dose to insert vaginally. Starting them tonight. 400mg this time.