Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Bedtime feeding trouble

i have an 11 week old that for the last few weeks takes HOURS to go to sleep after her bedtime feeding at 8/8:30 Any tips/suggestions would be great!!   She seems very sleepy but we put her in crib and then 5 minutes in she's awake and crying and thus begins the cycle for hours

Re: Bedtime feeding trouble

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    We do wake, eat, play, sleep. 
    If the baby naps from 5-6:30pm, I feed her when she wakes up and then I play with her for an hour or an hour and a half. I then change her diaper, put her pajamas on and swaddle her up. I rock her to sleep-ish in my arms and then set her in her bed. That's what works for us. She's 10 weeks old and slept 8 hours last night. 
    Good luck! 
  • Options
    Our monkey does that during the day! Will be so sleepy but starts crying within 5 mins of going down. All we do is keep on trying! If all her needs are met its all you can do. We make sure shes clean, dry, burped and try again. If its been over half an hour i sometimes offer milk again, that sometimes works. Does your babe have reflux? Mine does and i think thats why sometimes its when we lie her in her bed that she starts crying. So sometimes if ive resettled twice i give her a pumped bottle rather then boob and put infant gavascon in it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might be keeping baby awake too long and s/he is overly tired and having a hard time settling down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4N6s said:
    We do wake, eat, play, sleep. 
    If the baby naps from 5-6:30pm, I feed her when she wakes up and then I play with her for an hour or an hour and a half. I then change her diaper, put her pajamas on and swaddle her up. I rock her to sleep-ish in my arms and then set her in her bed. That's what works for us. She's 10 weeks old and slept 8 hours last night. 
    Good luck! 

This is what worked for my kids. I also agree with someone else who said your LO might be overly tired. Just keep trying different things to see what works. GL.
  • Options
    That is totally our little one (7 weeks)! She does pretty well through the day with naps and stuff, but it is a nightmare 2 hours at night to get her down for some reason. We've been feeding around 8pm and it's been taking hours! She will take a little nap somewhere between 5-7pm timeframe. Don't know what else to do!