Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

TW: Got my pathology results in

It's so strange because I literally had a dream about the baby last night and then I got a call from my doctor this morning with the results.  The baby had Turner Syndrome.  Apparently it only affects girls because it has something to do with the X chromosome.  My doctor says it's a pretty common reason for miscarraige.  I'm still sitting in my office crying, though, because it feels so final.  Like that's the last piece of information I'll have on my baby.  DH is really positive about trying again, which gives me some strength.  As all of your ladies know, it's just so hard.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: TW: Got my pathology results in

• HLD3194HLD3194 member
    So sorry for your loss. Hopefully this can give you more closure. When I had pathology done for my MMC they did not find anything "wrong" and said it just happens sometimes. We did learn the sex of the baby thou which really helped me mourn baby and move on somewhat. It is hard, it does suck, but luckily we have one another to lean on and for support. Good luck in the future and hugs to you.
  • So sorry for your loss- I did not do pathology for my MMC because it was my first one. I kind of wish I did because it would of helped me get closure but sometimes I am glad I don't know too. I think if I knew the sex would be too difficult for me as well. Hope you and your DH can be strong together as you move forward. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss.  We did chromosomal testing after our loss and found out that our baby had triploidy.  I did find it somewhat comforting to know--I view it as learning the cause of death for our baby--but learning the sex made the loss feel even more real, so that was hard, but I think ultimately I'm glad we got that piece of info as well.  I had dreams in between the d&c and when I got the results that involved boys--me being stuck on a high bunk with a baby boy, me trying to save an older boy who was trapped in a house--and then I found out our baby was a boy.  It was weird.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • GlitterGlitter member
    Im glad you found out. I also got a path done. I feel its helped me. It made it more real and helped calm my anxiety of it being something i caused. My baby like @BrightenMySky had triploidy. Its hard because with my triploidy 69 chromosomes of paternal origin, was partial molar. So now I have to deal with the health risk of that, and cant conceive for a year. Im glad i got the path or I could unknowingly have caused fetal issues for a newly conceived baby or myself. 

I had dreams of mine being a boy, and just knew it was. I had already started planning the nursery and names for a boy. Its crazy how sometimes we know. Some days im glad i know all that i do, it makes me feel closer to baby, like its more real but then other days im sad for the future I thought we would have.

We all have our ups and downs. These boards give me hope, strength, confidence, support, friendship, and a place to connect. Im beyond grateful to hear the stories, help and be helped.

I wish you luck, I think you and your hubby will have your rainbow soon. Hugs to you...
  • So sorry to hear this. We had pathology done after my ectopic and it came back normal. I'm not sure if it would have made it easier or harder if there had been some type of genetic issue, but I do wonder if it would have helped me not beat myself up so much for my body getting it wrong.
    I hope you and your DH can hold strong to each other and make it through this. 
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• we also got our pathology report in today and it's trismony something. i was in a cab in nyc and was trying to take it in. i was also flagged for some kind of issue with my chromosome 15 (that was picked up in fetal issue) so need to have blood tests to check my chromosomes out. it's all very, very confusing. our baby was also a boy. it was a ton of information to take in during a rain storm on my way to get a cat-scan for kidney stones! i've asked for the report and more insights. of course i also asked if i did have a chromosomal issue (we did genetic testing a year ago but apparently, this a different test) and she said we'd need to see a geneticist. she is pretty confident all is ok thought. i'll report back once i have more information! thinking of you all. 
  • I got mine back Thursday & baby was a normal baby boy.  The doctor thinks my immune system is to blame. 

It it is very hard but at least we have something to help plan for our next try.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• GlitterGlitter member
    Wow, boys boys boys
  • I got my pathology this week and also found that the fetus had 45xo. Instead of saying its a girl, she defined it as sexless, because it was missing a sex chromosome that would have caused it to develop normally. As this was my 3rd mc, but the first one they've tested, there's no way to know what happened previously, but my doctor seems to think I've just had 3x bad luck. It was hard to talk about, because you're right, it just feels so final. As in this is over now, I should move on, but I haven't yet. 
  • I'm thinking about you all now that you have your pathology back - I can't imagine all the new emotions you are having.

@LaurenDarling 45xo is Turners Syndrome though.. I know you've googled it. I would still call her a girl, but Idk if that makes any easier for you. Hugs. I hope you can start healing soon.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • GlitterGlitter member
    @LaurenDarling  My doc said the same. 3x bad luck. I guess we will see when we try for baby #4. I hate that i feel im likely to mc again but im holding out for my rainbow. Lets hope and pray our 4th is our rainbow 
  • I too lost a baby to triploidy in April at 15 weeks. Just pure devastation. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am ready to try again, but waiting on this first period to finally show up has been hell! I've never wanted a period so bad in my life!
  • I'm sorry for your loss. And isn't it weird how we just KNOW what our baby is? I knew it was a girl...and in fact, I was right. I'm waiting for my pathology report back. I lost my baby girl Mila at 21 weeks pregnant to Triplody. It was not caught early on due to my test results coming back as normal, although my peri said if he saw them he would have flagged it because my results were high for my age. I have some words I would like to say to my doctor for possibly ignoring my levels. But, in that, she gave us more time with our girl, and I got to feel her kick. I can't wait for my results to know if it was partial molar or not, so we can try again. Our Peri said we can try in 3 months, the doctor who did my surgery said 6 months since my body was half way through pregnancy and my needed to rest. I hate the waiting game. Thinking of all of you ladies, and so sorry for the losses we have had.
    Married August 2012
    Me:28 DH:31
    Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve March 2015
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
    December 2015 - Natural BFP - Our Angel baby Mila Grace went to heaven @ 21 weeks on 4/21/16 (D&E) due to Triploidy
    Currently waiting to start TTAL
  • GlitterGlitter member
    @prayingforbabyh@cmmiller7  did you guys happen to find out the type of triploidy? Mine was paternal causing.
  • Initially the doctor was leaning towards paternal (2 sperm/1 egg didn't divide correctly). I guess because of the larger head and smaller abdomen that's a pretty big sign of paternal cause and it was a boy so they obviously didn't get that from me lol Plus the placenta and everything was normal just small. 
  • I haven't received my pathology report to confirm, but it is believed to be paternal because the larger head, smaller body and small amount of amniotic fluid. I did have a girl though, and 9/10 cases it's boys that have triploidy. I will update when I find out for sure.
    Married August 2012
    Me:28 DH:31
    Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve March 2015
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
    December 2015 - Natural BFP - Our Angel baby Mila Grace went to heaven @ 21 weeks on 4/21/16 (D&E) due to Triploidy
    Currently waiting to start TTAL
  • Triploidy is three copies of each chromosome, so my understanding is that it's possible to have a girl or a boy (XXX or XXY).  Seems like it would be more likely to be a boy in cases of paternal origin, since two sperm would increase the odds of getting a Y chromosome...maybe that's why it's more common in boys?  
    My baby was XXY, and I was told that they knew based on testing it was triploidy of paternal origin.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • I'm so sorry to all of you. I hope finding out the results give you all closure. I'm praying that we all get our *Rainbow Babies* so soon. I get my results June 1st.  
  • Yup! Can have girl or boy. I think some 70% are boys. I did notice that the girls seemed to live longer than the boys. Stories I've read about actual live births were all girls. I asked not to confirm the gender so I don't know if it was XXX/XXY/XYY but the technician at our nuchal scan said she thought it was a boy so that's what I'm sticking with.