Babies"R"Us Registry Party (CHAT IN THIS THREAD!) - Page 2 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Babies"R"Us Registry Party (CHAT IN THIS THREAD!)

Re: Babies"R"Us Registry Party (CHAT IN THIS THREAD!)

• BumpTara said:
    There are a lot of great resources for choosing registry items and it looks like everyone is using them!

Here's the next question: Did you start your registry online or in store?
    I started mine online because I was so excited! But once my boyfriend and I got a confirmed strong heartbeat  we both hit the stores! Its the first child for us both so we are beyond excited!!
    A very excited first time mommie!! EDD October 20th, 2016.
  • m6agua said:
    BumpTara said:
    There are a lot of great resources for choosing registry items and it looks like everyone is using them!

I started it in store because I know they give you the goodie bag with the checklist right away. Also I was registering and picking up my Snoogle that day.
    OMG I had no idea about the goodie bag but when I got one I was super excited!! lol what is a Snoogle?
  • I started my registry about a week ago when I was 19 weeks. I started it online, but am looking forward to stopping into the store these weekend. I have read a lot of reviews and asked friends for advice on what I need. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    @confidencemajor ;

A Snoogle is a pregnancy pillow. I was so uncomfortable in early pregnancy and pillows were not cutting it. It was expensive like $60+ but I sleep so much better.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16

confidencemajor
  • m6agua said:
    @confidencemajor ;

A Snoogle is a pregnancy pillow. I was so uncomfortable in early pregnancy and pillows were not cutting it. It was expensive like $60+ but I sleep so much better.
    Thank you I so need one! I'm currently sleeping on a fort of pillows....and as I get farther along each week the comfort level isnt cutting it.
  • Register online!! They have a wonderful app and you can just tell people where you're registered and not have to worry about finding one to physically register at! 
  • Everyone has such great registries!

What items do you want the most from your registry?
    confidencemajor
  • I'm planning on starting in few weeks - going to a babies r us registry event near me. Very excited!
    confidencemajor
  • DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2016
    Online because it was really convenient and I wanted to get it started before I had time to actually get to a store. I did receive a phone call from a registry associate at my local store about a week or so after starting the registry online letting me know whenever I was in store to just stop by the registry desk to get my goodie bag and checklist.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    BumpTara said:
    Everyone has such great registries!

I haven't registered for it yet, but some of the big ticket items. (Jogging stroller, car seat, rocker/glider)

TTC#1 July 2015 

confidencemajor
  • What items do you want the most from your registry?
    As of now probably the crib and dresser set and the glider. My in-laws already said they'd buy us the crib/dresser so that would leave the glider unclaimed but really wanted!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    confidencemajor
  • BumpTara said:

I am really want the crib and changing table combo (which is also a conertable bed for three stages) and the awesome mattress we picked out!
  • Agreed, I haven't registered for the bigger items yet (stroller, car seat, etc) but those will be great to get.  It may seem silly but i'm also excited for some of the smaller items i've registered for, like this lamb musical mobile: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=63495966&cp=2255957.2273443.4392756.4083739.68294586&parentPage=family 
    confidencemajor
  • BumpTara said:

I've been buying the bigger items as I see good deals. I'm hoping to receive smaller items, but necessities...bottles, diaper bag, changing pad, etc.  Diapers would be wonderful too!
  • Top Items include stroller, car seat, mattress, pack n play and video camera. Speaking of which, anyone have a favorite video monitoring system? It seems the reviews are so inconsistent on these and I have registered for two - the Infant Optics which is on Amazon and has amazing reviews but you can't get in store as well as the Summer Infant Dual Monitor which is at most baby stores but the reviews are either awesome or they think it's junk

• Online then went in 
  • Item I want most is the baby monitor 
    ashbash731
  • @Jaclyn1927 which one have you registered for? 
  • How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
  • MrsFiesMrsFies member
    5 Love Its First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2016
    Does anyone have experience with convertible cribs that grow with the kid? Worth it or not? I worry about sturdiness.
    ashbash731
    I haven't yet. A couple friends who are also pregnant know I started it and could look me up if they wanted to, but it's not far enough along to actually share with anyone yet.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16

I haven't yet, but i'm curious to hear how other people have????
  • MrsFies said:
    Does anyone have experience with convertible cribs that grow with the kid? Worth it or not? I worry about sturdiness.
    No experience, but at this point I think a lot of the cribs in store are convertible. You could always just not buy the pieces needed to convert if you just want to keep it as a crib.

One think I like about the convertibles though is the toddler rail. My cousin's son started climbing out of his crib pretty early so with a convertible she could have put the toddler rail on already. If he's going to get out of his crib no matter what it might as well be through the opening in the toddler rail instead of over the top of the full crib side!!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    MrsFies
  • Re :how to pick which items- advice from other mama's is where it is at! I haven't shared my registry with anyone yet, how do you let family members know who won't necessarily be attending a shower??
  • BumpTara said:
    How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
    My registry is public, so anyone can find it, but I haven't told my family that I created it yet. I want to stop in the store first to check out a few of the items that I registered for. I also want to run it past a few friends who had babies recently to see if there are items that they thought weren't useful or anything that I'm missing. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    BumpTara said:
    No, we have not been public about this pregnancy yet. Probably will share the registry with the baby shower invites.

TTC#1 July 2015 

• @MrsFies the one we bought passes all of the standards a new crib must have. For ours, it's basically just a headboard that can be used again but you have to still purchase the toddler gate and side rails if you want to convert. So we got the toddler gate and are just going to use the headboard part in the future when we convert our kid to a big kid room

MrsFies

Yes, we have our first shower in a few weeks and have already started to receive items off our registry. I am trying not to peek and see so that I can be surprised the day I am opening gifts :)

• haven't shared our registry yet as I'm still considering what to add - definitely top on the list is a crib, dresser, stroller and car seat. i love shopping! and i feel less guilty since its not for me hehe
    fuss0125
  • I try to look at reviews online also I try and determine what was useful the first and second time around
  • If you are not finding out the sex of your baby, what are good gender neutral items to add to the registry?
    confidencemajor
  • If you are not finding out the sex of your baby, what are good gender neutral items to add to the registry?

We are not finding out the gender, but I have found with my other first time mom friends that the larger, more expensive items are usually a great place to buy gender neutral so that they can be used for all of your kiddos and then purchase smaller, less expensive items in more gender specific if you want. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    BumpTara said:
    If you are not finding out the sex of your baby, what are good gender neutral items to add to the registry?
    We are finding out. However it seems like most of the bigger items are easy to find gender neutral. Clothes on the other hand, your lucky if a store has a couple options.

TTC#1 July 2015 

• I think almost anything can be neutral! The only thing otherwise is usually just the color. In terms of clothing I guess people who are "team green" tend to go with yellows, green, white/off-white but personally I think anything that keeps the baby comfy is fine!
  • @m6agua Carter's has a super cute line called little baby basics that is adorable and gender neutral! I believe you can buy stuff directly from their website too....
    confidencemajor
    We did find out the sex of our baby, and I'm still adding gender neutral everything to the registry. There is no difference to my registry approach since I know the sex as there would have been if we remained Team Green.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • BumpTara said:
    If you are not finding out the sex of your baby, what are good gender neutral items to add to the registry?
    We just found out the sex this week, BUT I really wanted to keep baby items neutral so I started registering before we knew. I really like gray, blue, green, teal and orange as colors for a boy or girl so I look for items in that palette. I think all items outside of clothing can easily be neutral. Even onesies and basic outfits are fine for either sex. 
  • m6agua said:
    BumpTara said:
    We are finding out. However it seems like most of the bigger items are easy to find gender neutral. Clothes on the other hand, your lucky if a store has a couple options.
    ^^this (about the bigger items anyway)

Personally I'm not registering for any clothes except Halo sleep sacks because people will buy you what they think is cute for clothes.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • BumpTara said:
    Not yet since we are waiting to as gender specific items. I think I will make it know before I send out invitations though.
  • I'm curious if people registered for diapers (which is obviously something that are gender neutral :smile: )
    confidencemajor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards