September 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Mine is that my fiance and I have friends that just got engaged and I just found out their wedding date.
    September 3rd.
    Now, normally I would not be so put off, but the groom is our baby's godfather.
    And my fiance is the best man in the wedding.
    I understand that your wedding doesn't revolve around my life but, really? 6 days before I am due?
    I really hope that we get to go to this wedding because I love these people.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My WTF Wednesday is directed at my MIL.

DH's great aunt is turning 80 this year. MIL send out FB invite for party on Sept 25th. (I am due on Sept 5th) So I'm thinking, I'll respond to this later, obviously she invited us as a courtesy. Would some one really expect us to travel with an newborn? 

I was wrong.

MIL has the audacity to send an FB message to me asking if I will help with the party. 20 days after my due date. Four hours away. I get that everyone can't keep track of when I'm due and how many weeks I am, but I would think that she would at least remember what month I am due.

I politely declined, but seriously?
  • Options
    @mrsl0429 Really?? I mean, I get inviting you, but asking for your help? and this isn't a distant relative, its your mother in law who should know when you are due.

People.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ThscaryThscary member
    My WTF is courtesy of my parents, who I love dearly, but have been driving me insane.

i went to visit my 94 year old grandmother and of course we were talking about the baby. Then she says "your father was here and he was telling me about how he's never going to get to see this child". I see my parents at least once a week. Right now we live 20 minutes away and usually do dinner on Sunday at their house. DH and I are moving, but will still be just under an hour away, still within reasonable travel time for Sunday dinner.

They are acting like we are taking their grandchild and moving him across the country and shutting them out of his life. My mom has already made several comments about it too. So now I am left wondering what exactly their expectations are and how often they need to visit with our son to feel adequate. I always thought one or two times a week would be plenty, but apparently not in their minds...
  • Options
    @0SeaMonkey0 - how MySpace of them. 

• Options
    Mine is directed at my DH's baby mama from waaaaay before we met

She gets a wild hair about 2 months ago and won't let me DH see their daughter who will be 7 next week.  As we all know, court issues like these take forever and a day.  In the meantime, she texts him Monday asking him "Are you going to be in Said Child's life?  I'm just wondering because we never hear from you!"  Um, b*tch, you're the one who won't let my DH see his child so WTF? 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 My husband always, suddenly, has to take a 30 minute dump when DD is almost done eating, leaving all the clean up to me. I swear he used to be able to poop in 5 minutes, and now it can take up to 45 minutes. :unamused: 

• Options
    seitzy3seitzy3 member
    @camichael84 YES or bath time. I almost always do baths myself but with the bigger belly it's getting more uncomfortable to lean over and wash them. My tub is super deep so even if I'm on my knees I can't reach them haha   A little help would be appreciated but ironically I hear a flush right after I pull the last kid out :neutral: 

and you know what else, my kids never follow him into the bathroom. Only me. At least he has the pleasure of doing his business alone. 

I dont understand, unless I'm severely constipated, I am in and out in less than 5. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    CRich15CRich15 member
    So... I thought I wouldn't have a WTF for today but DH came through for me.  We go home for lunch since we live on base and the whole time he is huddled over his laptop searching for something.  I eventually ask what he is doing and look over to see him looking at beater cars.  I may or may not have lost my mind on him.  I reminded him that he bought a new truck last year and it was in no way cheap.  His rebuttal was that his suspension is stiff and he doesn't see much sense in driving his diesel truck 10 minutes to work everyday.  I gladly reminded him that he is the one who insisted on getting a new truck and picked it out.  I also reminded him that within the last year he has brought up wanting to buy a camper, a new $3k suspension for the truck and now a beater car to drive to and fro.  Um, no... HELL NO!  We only have two years left in Alaska where we make really good money to finish getting rid of our small, stupid debt and I have busted my ass all year saving for the baby and paying stuff off.  It's like he suddenly forgot that we have all this baby stuff to get and to prepare ourselves for putting 3 kids in school/day care. Not to mention the diapers and what not that comes along with having another baby.  I swear, he is one of the smartest people I know but sometimes lacks major common sense. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Saw a woman driving home today who was not only on the phone and distracted, but had her left foot hanging out the window! I don't even know how you do that and reach the pedal with your right, let alone have any sort of control or reaction time...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kosmo86kosmo86 member
    Well my mom has been planning my baby shower for a while now, my dad decided to make it a bit bigger so he is renting out a place (my parents are divorced). Well now my step mom has inserted herself into the baby shower planning and has even started buying things like decorations. Which is find except MY mom is throwing me the shower and she is planning it. Who just buys things for a party they are not hosting without consulting the host?!?!?! So i am in the middle now, exactly where I don't want to be. But from past experience if I don't try to keep the peace, I will end up shelling out the money for the rental out of my own pocket AND probably won't talk to my father for months. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @CRich15 This is my DH exactly. Right down to the truck and camper. It boggles my mind some(all)times the things he tries to convince me to let him buy. 
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    CRich15CRich15 member
    @Cricket Bug right!? He just bought a new bow as a promotion gift which is fine. I just don't ever want him to ask me how much I spend at Ulta, although I'm sure he has a clue.  I just don't get how they see this crap as logical purchases at a time when our money is most definitely needed elsewhere. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @CRich15 I feel you on the Ulta purchases (except for me it's Sephora because I'm Canadian and we are sadly without the shining light of Ulta). DH and I made a deal long ago that anytime I spend more than $100 at Sephora, he gets a new car part of equal or lesser value. Keeps me from overspending, that's for sure.
  • Options
    My WTF is my boss totally bailing this week when she knows damned well we have 45 people coming in every day to use the museum for meetings, and so I'm alone with them all week long. Oh, and she gave my only other full-time co-worker off too, PLUS we had to hang a new installation yesterday. So I've been working a lot of extra hours to get it all done. Then she strolls in, 15 minutes before the group is scheduled to leave (an hour after my normal time to leave) and asks if I want to head out. Yea, cause those 15 minutes make a huge difference. Then she calls up during the day because she's worried about me working so many hours and being there alone. If she's so damned worried, why doesn't she get her crap together and get her ass to work when she commits to hosting large groups for a week? We scheduled it months in advance. No reason she and my co-worker should be out. And I don't get overtime, so I'm totally planning on taking compensatory time back and leaving a little early every Friday. I should add that I stayed late yesterday, today, and have to go in early tomorrow and Friday, plus working all day Saturday and Sunday. *sigh*

BabyFruit Ticker