Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My Keepsake

I had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, my d&c the 27th, and found out from pathology last Thursday my lil baby had triploidy of paternal origin, it was a partial molar. 

I had been searching since the day of my d&c for a memorial keepsake of some sort. I found many plaques, stones, bracelets, and some really neat memorial boxes and clay baby sculpures with wings. They were all amazing, beautiful, and touching. I finally decided on a locket. The floating locket kind that you can add or change charms. I found a wonderful woman on etsy who made them and does custom orders. 

I was able to send her my ultrasound picture and have a tiny charm made of it. I chose the other charms and she put it together. I then found extra charms, she sent those, and I finally completed my locket yesterday. It was perfect. 

I chose my lil baby u/s charm, a mother child heart charm, a pair of wings charm, an x's and o's charm, and birthstone gems. I chose April and December heart stones for the baby since he passed in April but was due in December. I then chose a single round gem in January and August birthstone for my SO and myself.

This little locket is so special to me. I love it and Im so glad I decided to have a little keepsake to carry with me.

If anyone wants one or to just browse for their own keepsake, you can look on Etsy. If you want one similar to mine, pm me and Ill tell you her shop. 

I hope everyone had a good Mothers Day. I made it through somehow, I just kept reminding myself that im forever a mother. I hope all of us have a great week. Thanks to everyone for the comfort and support. Your all amazing....

Re: My Keepsake

• Very beautiful, @Glitter. I love the small u/s picture.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • GlitterGlitter member
    Thank you. Omg my heart melted when i saw my lil baby on the tiny charm. Its adorable and one of the reasons i chose the locket lol
  • That's beautiful @Glitter.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • GlitterGlitter member
    Thank you. Its my new fave thing lol. I want lockets for everything now haha. Im glad i found something cute and unique to remember my lil baby 
  • i so so so so love this 
  • this is so adorable @Glitter thank you for sharing this!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers