1st Trimester
Options

5 weeks, first pregnancy and neck pain?

I am a first time mommy here and I am about 5 weeks along.  OF course I have been googling everything under the sun and ectopic pregnancy has me terrified!  Now I am experience a dull ache in my neck which is making me worry.  I only have mild cramping and nothing else so far.  Anyone else experience this?  Did you find yourself worried about things for no reason besided google?  I cant be seen until 8 weeks and that is so far away to wait to make sure everything is ok!!

Re: 5 weeks, first pregnancy and neck pain?

• Options
    1) STOP googling. It's only going to make you crazy. 
    2) take a Tylenol, use a heating pad and roll out your neck. Your body is surging with hormones and more than likely, you probably pulled something. 
    3) mild cramping doesn't mean ectopic. It doesn't mean miscarriage either. Your body is changing and reacting to the hormones and preparing for the next 45 weeks. 

Try to relax, stop googling, and enjoy it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Gina TGina T member
    Thank you for your response!  Sometimes it's so hard to relax when you have wanted something for so long! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I know. Although we weren't trying, as we had literally JUST gotten married. Oops! But I was freaking out over the mass amounts of alcohol I had consumed on our honeymoon. It's tough to relax, but as the next few months happen and you get the blood work and the tests and this and that done, you'll find a little relief. Then you'll freak out like "holy crap I'm about to be responsible for a tiny human". Hah :) happy and healthy pregnancy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!  I finally got my hard positives today actually and am about 5 1/2 weeks, also my first.  Like you, I'm googling like a mofo.  I'm worried b/c I drank 3 hard ciders on my husbands birthday 2 weeks ago. I'm worried b/c I took a pre-workout before teaching a Zumba class on Tuesday.  I'm worried that I took zzzquil twice this week b/c of the sleeplessness.  Easier said than done, but we need to try and relax and just take it day by day now that we know.  My symptoms have included insomnia, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, pretty much my normal PMS symptoms but amplified.  I don't know what's normal and what's not and like you, they don't want to see me for 8/9 weeks.  

If I were you the only think I'd double check is what pain relievers are OK to take while pregnant and stick to that for your neck pain.

I need to apply this rule to myself as well, but quit googling and if you have a question on something in particular, call your doctor :wink:   Enjoy it!!         
  • Options
    At your first appointment, the dr SHOULD give you a list of all OTC meds that are pregnancy safe. But for the mean time, no ibuprofen, no Advil, no aspirin. stick to straight up acetaminophen/Tylenol, heating pads and ice packs. 

Two hard ciders a few weeks ago likely won't have a negative impact, just don't drink like a fish from here on out. I was pregnant on my honeymoon (didn't know it) and like I mentioned earlier, everything seems normal to this point. Granted we have another 4 ish weeks until we will REALLY know, but still

And as far as zzzquil goes, if Tylenol pm is fine, one or two nights of zzzquil is ok. But obviously make smart choices.

Pregnancy Ticker