Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Mother's day is tough

I never realize...but as mother's day is approaching soon...it is tough. I thought i wouldn't cry again and had left my emotion behind. But as the media is all about celebrating mother's day, I am a mother without my child with me. I could have been 5 months pregnant by now.
Sending love and hugs to all the moms in this forum. You're all incredible and brave!

Re: Mother's day is tough

• It's hard for me too....I would of been almost half way through my pregnancy now and it hurts so much. I already celebrated with my mom last weekend so really think I'm going to just stay at home all day and definitely stay away from social media. Hugs to you, hugs for all of us.
  • Yes, I hear you.  I hope you are able to do something nice for yourself on Sunday, whether it's getting out, seeing friends, watching Netflix all day, etc.  I think I'm going to avoid social media as best I can.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm dreading it a bit, too. Let's make sure we're all doing some really good self-care. Hugs to all <3
  • I just found out baby doesn't have a heartbeat at 9 weeks.. It's a strange thought process to go through (and I haven't begun to miscarry yet..) But I'm going to focus on my mom this weekend and her overwhelming love, support and tears as she deals with this with me. But it will still hurt!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • It is a hard time especially after a recent loss. I've taken to turning the channels for the Mother's Day commercials, especially that new Johnson and Johnson one were the future child is talking to the mom about how she will change because of them. It is hard. I am celebrating with my mom on Saturday to avoid the big rush so Sunday my husband and I will be together and help each other through it.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GlitterGlitter member
    This is def a hard day. I lost my mom 4 years ago, and both my grans in the last two years, its hard but even harder considering my recent mc at 8w2d. Im going to spend time with my SO, go to dinner, and celebrate myself. Im still a mother, he may not have been placed in my arms but I carried him fod his whole little life. We are all mothers, even if our babies have wings. Im going to treat myself that day. We deserve it. We have all been through a lot and are way stronger because of it. We are strong and we are Mothers.
  • nmd9168nmd9168 member
    I would've found out the sex of my baby today. Mom's day on Sunday. It's going to be a rough weekend. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was worried DH wouldn't understand but I mentioned today that it will be hard for me and he said he thought it would and he's been planning making me a nice breakfast Sunday morning so I'm just in tears and thankful that he gets it <3 I will be thinking of all of you and hope you all do something nice for yourselves and surround yourself with support <3
  • I am not looking forward to the "reminder" email from my dad tomorrow that I'll inevitably get if I don't call my mom early enough.

Also, not 100% related, but in the same vein--a few nights ago we were out at dinner with some of DH's aunts & cousins.  I offered one of his cousins that we could move seats so she could sit next to her 2 young kids & husband, and she said she was fine standing for now because her "arms were empty."  She doesn't know about our loss, but it really hit me hard.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • On Friday I had a coworker start to tell me happy Mother's Day then quickly said wait you aren't a mom. She didn't know but I still had to quickly walk away so I would not cry