July 2016 Moms
Options

Thursday ticker change

How many weeks/size comparison?

29 weeks today! Baby is the size of an acorn squash!

How are you feeling?

Overall I'm ok but I've been having a strange "tightness" in my abdomen since last night

Anything baby-related to share for this week?

Not really, just anxiously awaiting my next paycheck so I can buy more baby stuff. I think the glider is the next thing on my list.

Rants/Raves/Appointments?

Sounds petty but I hope that DH does not drop the ball on Mother's Day although he probably will.  He pretty much skipped Valentine's day and our anniversary this year. Some nice flowers and a home cooked breakfast would be enough to make my day. And cake. He should get cake too :)

GTKY - what is your biggest fear related to labor/delivery/childbirth?

The whole concept of a C-section really terrifies me...I know they are really common nowadays but getting cut open while being totally awake sounds like something out of a horror film to me.

Re: Thursday ticker change

• Options
    31. My favorite comparison: a 11lb jar of nuella. Now I want all the nutella

How are you feeling?
    What I thought was sciatica pain is actually sacro iliad joint pain. Fucking kills. 

Had a 3d u/s on Monday and I love the chubby cheeks!  

Another appt with OB tomorrow, and another chiro appt Monday. LO needs to relax in there too; she;s been a punching bag lately.

Having an emergency where my desires for my baby and the delivery are out the window. 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper - nutella sounds totally delish right now.  An 11 lb jar though? Crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

32/summer squash (I think that's what it is)

How are you feeling?

Good, just sore and sleepy.

Not really, though my best friend will be in town for the first time since I told her I was pregnant when she was here for Thanksgiving, so I'm pretty excited to show her the baby's room and have her around for some of this stuff. I got my baby shower dress this week if that counts.

Eh, I'm just ready to be done with work. I'm pretty much done with all of my paperwork for the school year and my kids have gotten so self-sufficient that I'm basically just a warm body at this point, which is incredibly boring. (I do special ed resource in high school). I'm trying to make the most of these last three weeks though as I most likely will not be returning to work here and will miss my kids a lot.  

The epidural, which I know isn't required but I also know that I'm a wimp and will probably demand it in the moment, even though the thought of a needle in my spine is horrifying to me. Also, just recovery in general, not knowing how painful and long it will be while also trying to learn the ropes of taking care of a tiny human.

Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options

28 weeks. Size of an egg plant 

How are you feeling

Meh. Like crap. I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something or it's just generic pregnancy shenanigans

had my glucose test yesterday. That's about it. Crib bedding is coming in tomorrow, but I've no crib yet. Saturday my husband is going to paint DS's room which will double as the nursery 

sick of feeling like crap and in a perpetually bad mood. I also am not a fan of Mother's Day and am not looking forward to it  I try to act like I'm into it for my kids, since they so excitedly make me stuff but secretly I want it over  

with my first I hemorrhaged after deliver and lost a lot of blood. While everyone was okay it left me with and extra day in the hospital and I was so weak that I couldn't even walk around my house without it taking a toll on me. I'm afraid this will happen again.  At least this time DH has vacation time so he plans on taking at least a week off 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    crixiegirlcrixiegirl member
    edited May 2016
    How many weeks/size comparison? 29 weeks today How are you feeling? Like absolute garbage. Allergies are attacking full force and I can't take anything strong enough to help. Had my Rhogam shot today so that was fun. Anything baby-related to share for this week? Baby is extremely active and has been for a long time, but this morning (after not sleeping at all due to said allergies) the baby seemed like it wanted to alien its way out of me. Baby shower is next Sunday. Rants/Raves/Appointments? Sick of these allergies, so over not sleeping when it's my last chance to get some sleep before LO arrives, ready for the school year to be over and have a few weeks to actually prepare for LO. Into the every two weeks appointments now and everything looks good as of today. GTKY - what is your biggest fear related to labor/delivery/childbirth? Just not having things go even close to planned. I want to try unmedicated mostly because I can get pretty sick from meds and who wants that needle in their back (which may look good when the time comes). I fear a really really long labor. -Edit.. wow formatting fail on the bump!
  • Options

29 weeks - Size of a Barbie Convertible 

How are you feeling?

Ok...I can tell that my carpal tunnel is getting worse.  I started swelling ~30 weeks with DD1, and I'm hoping that I'm not going to continue that trend this time.  

Ugh, it just hit me yesterday how little time I have left and that I haven't done anything to get ready for this baby.  Time to get my butt in gear!

I have my 3 hour glucose test next Wednesday followed by my appointment on Friday.  I'm just hoping that I don't start having the swelling and bp issues I had last time and I'm getting into the same time frame as last pregnancy.  

I'm scared of it turning into an emergency situation for myself or baby or both.  I trust my doctor and even though a C-section sounds scary, if she felt that was best for us, then I would be ok with it.