October 2015 Moms

Anxiety leaving baby..

I stay home with LO so she hasn't really stayed with anyone else. The only person that has watched her is my mom (and dad with my mom). We are trying to find a babysitter for if we want to go to the gym or just for dinner or something, and we talked to one girl who watches my cousins kids and she seemed fine, but I just can't bring myself to call her and have her watch LO. The only person I can bring myself to leave her with is my mom, who has been sick and can't watch her lately. I know I need to get over this but how?! Also I don't really have any mom friends to ask for babysitter recommendations and the only family we have close enough to watch her is my parents. :neutral: 

Re: Anxiety leaving baby..

• fayemufayemu member
    Maybe have her come watch your LO while you're home. You could do some chores or catch up on a hobby. Then you can see her babysitting style and maybe be more comfortable leaving for a couple hours.
  • J1DJ1D member
    I agree with previous poster. We don't have anyone who can watch our baby so we had to hire someone. We interviewed babysitters from Care.com and had them come to our house and babysit while we were home. I decided I did not want one of them watching my child but loved the other. Once you can see your baby being happy and comfortable with a babysitter hopefully that will help you feel more confident.

I will say that in my opinion you don't have to get over being uncomfortable leaving your baby with someone other than your mom. You can choose to say home if that makes you happier. I don't think people "have" to get out. But it is really nice to have a sitter or 2 can trust so you can go out. I say call the gal who watches your cousin's kids and have her come over a few times while you are there and then see how you feel. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I could do that. I'm a wicked control freak so I know if I'm here with her I'm gonna be watching/correcting her every move to exactly how I want it. I'm a crazy person haha. Ugh I guess baby is coming everywhere with us until she's like 25... 
  • chein1chein1 member
    I'm about as comfortable with my MIL watching the girls as I would be with a babysitter. I get desperate enough about twice a month :)
  • @trishee13 no idea how to get over it because I'm in the samd boat ... I had my sister watch Violet once (when she was 7 weeks) for a couple hours to celebrate mine and DH's wedding anniversary. That's literally the only time. 

The only people I trust to watch and take care of her the way I would want is my husband and my sister. And my sister just moved across the country :joy: 

honeslty I feel like I wouldn't even enjoy myself if I did anything without her because I would be worried the whole time. :sweat_smile: 
  • AiramJAiramJ member
    Good to hear I am not crazy! I just cannot bring myself to leave my little bug. I have only left him with DH 3 times so far. 2 hours was the longest time. I am so extreme...the other week MIL carried him around the mall away from me and I had severe anxiety, a panic attack almost. My heart sank and I felt physically sick. I hope I get over this one day. I am going back to work next week, but lucky enough to work from home. On Wednesday I will have to go to the office for about 2 hours plus travel time. So I am already feeling anxious about being away from him. 
  • Ugh I get anxiety when my MIL has her in the next room hahah but that's a different story. @AiramJ you're definitely not alone! 
    @danniellemichellexox your sister didn't happen to move to mass did she??  ;)
  • @AiramJ I feel the same when other people hold my daughter and walk away. @trishee13 lol I know right !! Unfortunately all the way to NC :cry: looks like you won't be the only one having their baby tag along until they're 25 ! :joy: