June 2016 Moms

Saturday Check-in 04/30

Shanna2016Shanna2016 member
edited April 2016 in June 2016 Moms
Good morning Ladies!  It's Saturday and it's approximately 5am and I want to physically harm what sounds like a back yard full of the most annoyingly happy birds in the world throwing a party Grrrrrr  lol 

Figured I would start today's check in bright and early! 

How far along are you?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

What are you doing to prepare for baby?

Questions:

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who?

Re: Saturday Check-in 04/30

• How far along are you? 32w-5d 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant - the birds! Family, it's my shower today and I love everything they have put together but my Aunt, mom and sister are going to kill each other and I'm stuck being the moderator trying to calm them all down cause they are all type A trying to plan everything down to where who will sit.....its an informal back yard shower and unfortunately they are all getting their feelings hurt.
    RAVE - even with the family issue it's still my shower today and I'm excited :smile: 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Just seeing what we have left after showers over :)

Questions: TMI warning....so yesterday I noticed a clear mucus after going to the washroom I freaked out but no blood or pain and baby was still moving like crazy. This morning it's here again but a little cloudy. ...like phlem you would cough up maybe.....anyone else have this? Is it normal now? I was thinking hopefully mucus plug?  

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who? We went on a family cruise it was great but the best stop was Honduras mainly cause we took an ATV tour and I may or may not have just distoryed the ATV .... meh there's showers back in the boat a bit of mud never hurt anyone ;)

• How far along are you? 33+3

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant: no sleep last night, and now I'm suffering through a headache.
    Rave: My shower is today! It's going to be a big one, probably 45 to 50 people (friends, family and church. My DH is a youth pastor and I am a church employee also, so this makes for a LOT of guests!) I'm excited but also a little nervous because I'm sure it will be awkward being the center of attention with THAT many people!
    Symptoms: All of them! Being8 months preggo is tough man!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Tonite I'm sure I'll be going through all those shower goodies and really really nesting!

Questions: none.

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who? My DH and I went to New Orleans this Feb, and it was amazing! Such cool people and history! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 34+6

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rant- I haven't gone to sleep yet.... its 4am pacific time and I have the WORST heartburn I've had in weeks!!! Rave- DH will be gone for most of the morning for work so I can sleep in the middle of the bed and not worry about kicking him!! Symptoms- Today is heartburn and not being able to sleep

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Car seat check on Tuesday, next appointment is the 10th

Questions: None 

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who? Of all the different places I've travelled to for skating competitions, Salt Lake City and Bloomington take the cake. The people in both cities are awesome, plus theres a lot of culture and a lot to do in both places. As far as like, a vacation, Puerto los Cabos!!! DH and I went on our honeymoon and it was honestly the greatest trip ever. Even though I got sick (which turns out that it wasn't really anything other than I was in the beginning stages of browning a tiny human in my belly.... HAH!!), we still went zip lining and it was amazing. We have decided that we will be going back at some point before child #2 is even a thought, and possibly go to the family-style sister resort to the one we stayed at the first time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    32 weeks today!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant: I am so worn out. Both mentally & physically exhausted...but, of course, I can't sleep. Today is going to be a long day! 
    Rave: It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! We're going to visit our best friends for the day, then going to a family dinner for my Grandma's birthday. No cooking for me today! :) 
    Symptoms: Exhaustion, heartburn, sore & achey. All the usual! 

Nothing today, just letting him grow & willing him to flip (he's still breech...this kid is stubborn). 

For our honeymoon we went to a Sandals resort in Grenada...it was absolutely beautiful. The island is very small (I wish I had more warning about that before the plane started to land...I thought we were going in the water, lol)...but it's gorgeous. And everything about that week was perfect! Sandals has completely ruined other all-inclusive resorts for me, lol. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • How far along are you? 31+3

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rants: I'm exhausted. Raves: I'm going to a bridal shower and hoping that while I'm gone my H has the ambition to do all the things in the nursery, he said he's gonna do.
    Symptoms: relentless fatigue, constant need to pee and everything hurts 

Washed about half my baby clothes, so after this bridal shower, hopefully I'll have the energy to put them away and organize the nursery some more.
    Questions:

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who? My H and I have Been to a lot of great places together, I really loved the Riveria Maya in Quinta Roo Mx, but I think the Outer Banks NC was my favorite. We were there after Labor Day, so tourism was down, we had a whole beach and sunset to ourselves, but it was still warm enough to swim.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 34 weeks today.

No Rants today....Raves: I am going to get donuts from my favorite bakery!!!! Symptoms: Tired all the time. Energy levels always feel like they are at -1.

GTKY: This past summer I went on a tour of London, Paris, Lucern, Venice, Florence, and Rome. I went with my mom and it was the GREATEST-!! I got to see some of the places that you read about in books and it brought history to life for me. I have always loved learning about Western Civilization.
  • All this talk of great places to visit is making me want to go on a vacation!

How far along are you? 35+4

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rave: It's Saturday! I woke up at 6am, but I laid around in bed until 7:30 and my husband went to get us coffee and bagels.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? At the moment, washing the curtains for his room. This weekend will mostly be some general house cleaning/organization, to help me keep my sanity once he gets here.

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who? H and I went to Italy last summer, and we visited Rome, Florence, and the Cinque Terre. It was the first big vacation we've taken together since our honeymoon 4 years prior. Everything about the trip was so much fun.

• How far along are you? 35w 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: raves: We are done buying everything we need for baby. Nursery is done, we have enough diapers/wipes, and clothes are all washed and ready to go. 
    Rant- concealer has become my new best friend. With lack of sleep I've been having some major black circles under my eyes. 
    Symptoms- lots of pressure all the time, BH, heartburn, hip and joint pain 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Just going to my weekly appointments now. Waiting for LO to decide when she wants to show up. 

Questions:

GTKY: where was one of the best places you have you travelled and with who? We haven't travelled much especially outside the U.S.  we have been to Disney a couple of times and we love it there. We took DD#1 when she was 4 and we had a blast! We are planning on going on a tour of England and Scotland when the girls get to be about teenagers. 

2 angel babies to watch over us- bfp 3/16/13, c/p 3/27/13- bfp 6/27/13, c/p confirmed 7/4/13- We will always carry you in our hearts

Mommy to our princess warrior- 3/4/09

• @Shanna2016 not mucus plug. Vaginal discharge ;) some will have it for WEEKS before losing their plugs. Plus you'll know it's your plug. Can't miss it!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Been super busy the last few weeks studying and preparing for my test, so I figured I'd jump on and check in today. 

How far along are you?
    34 weeks today. Say what??

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    Rant/rave: As of last weekend the hardwood floors are finally done! Also, I really want a donut. 
    Symptoms: So, so tired and sore. BH more often. Peeing all the time. Can't sleep. Uncomfortable. Lightning crotch (at least I think that's what it is).

Baby's room is pretty much all done now. Clothes are washed and put away, and purchased the last few items we needed off our registry. Preregistered for the hospital. Baby can pretty much come anytime now, but let's just keep him/her baking awhile longer.

Either the road trip H and I took from California to Minnesota after he got out of the Marine Corps, or the road trip my girl friend and I took last September down to South Carolina. 

• Tawny87Tawny87 member
    How far along: 34+6

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms:  rant- this weather is rediculous, if I wanted to live in the Pacific Northwest I would live there (for the record, I absolutely love it up there but I live in CO where it is rare to go more then 5 days without some sunshine).  Rave- bought myself some bras that actually fit! Symptoms- every time I have a flare up of acid reflux, which is about a zillion times a day my ear burns, FML... 

What at are you doing to prepare for baby?  I actually did quite a bit today. I bought a Moby, some more diapers and wipes and a sun hat. We don't have much to do except buy diapers and wipes as we are reusing everything from our twins. We do need to put the crib up in our room still though.

GTKY: best place you ever traveled? I did the European excursion with my best friend 6 yrs ago this may. Some of my favorite places were Edinburgh, Venice, and Prague.