October 2016 Moms

Book Club?

Would anyone be interested in this? I had one on Facebook but I was literally the only person who read anything or contributed comments. It was based off this pretty fun list that wasn't specific books but would allow for great suggestions/reviews. Let me know if anyone is in and I will get it started and line up the "rules".

Re: Book Club?

• Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!  I'm totally down.  (just please no 50 shades of anything, ha) I've actually been hoping someone would start this. :)  I'm just finishing up a book and was browsing Amazon for what to pick up next.  
  • I'm down!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Me too I am constantly at my public library.
  • Yes yes yes yes yes!! Great idea!
  • I'd be interested and would try to participate as much as time allows.
  • Perfect I'm so glad! I will wait for more responses and start the initial post on Monday.
  • Fun! I'm in!
    BFP#1: 2/10/16
    EDD: 10/19/16

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm in! I might be in and out as school is winding down, but I'll do my best to keep up with the group! I'm actually in between books as of last night, but the next one on my list is a mammoth. Good timing!

And I second the no 50 shades of anything movement, lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Trust me there will no shades of gray!! Lol 
  • I'm in too - I'm a slow reader though, but I'll try my best to keep up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes! This would be awesome
  • No worries on your reading pace, this is a more laid back go at your own pace.
  • I love reading and talking about my books! Just usually no one cares about them lol so I make my mom read them so I can talk to her about them. 

So yes, I'm in as much as time would allow. 
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Yes! Sounds fun!
  • I'll join!
  • I'm reading Leviathan Wakes right now, but I could totally add another book to my downtime rotation

• I would also love to if I can find the time!
  • Yes, please!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You have peeked my curiosity... I've never been part of any book club, but I do enjoy reading
  • emt87emt87 member
    I'm in!
  • Oh, oh, me too!! I have a fiction obsession. I'm actually trying to catch up on German children's literature but would love to have English books to switch out.
    Though maybe we could also post what we're planning on reading - I think it would be fun if a few people are reading the same books. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • edited May 2016
    I like your idea @ladyshark311  - I am a general fan of the book club idea (well... my major was literature so I have years of basically really advanced book club with a grade!) but I have a really hard time doing anything on a schedule with other people. Your take allows for some flexibility! 

• I really love this idea, and would love to join in!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Alright well we've got everyone on board so the challenge starts....now!! I've got my first book picked already and will start a new thread Monday. If anyone has questions about the challenge let me know! I've printed the list out and my personal goal is to complete the whole challenge.
  • This sounds fun. I'm in if it's not too late:)
  • Woohoo! I'm settling in to do some reading on my first book! Of course I picked a 1300 page monster, so I better get a move on it...

I'm really excited about this format, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is reading and picking up some recommendations. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • This sounds fun. I'm in if it's not too late:)
    Not too late at all, we've just begun!
  • I'm in! Love this! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Anyone have good recommendations for historical fiction?  I love historical fiction and need a good book to accompany me to Greece end of this month!
  • ecpdvmecpdvm member
    @annabenanna I loved Pompeii. Also, I'm pretty much obsessed with anything by Phillipa Gregory.

I'm going to read Defending Jacob - it's a book I've read before but I'm reading it with my husband right now.

We're also reading "Free-Range Kids" together, which is a parenting book. Let me know if anyone else is reading the same thing!
  • @ecpdvm , I'm gonna have to look that one up!  I do love "The Other Boleyn Girl."  It's one of my all time favorites.  

I have "The Nightingale" on my amazon wish list.  Has anyone read this yet?
  • @annabenanna I finished reading "The House Girl" recently and thought it was really good! 
  • This may be quite the undertaking, but what if we created a document with a tab for each "Challenge" and we can post the books we're reading? That way we can get suggestions and if we want to read the same books we can! Is that too much?
  • @ladyshark311 I had some free time so I made a document so we can all put our book choices. Take a look and change whatever you'd like to change... I don't want to hijack the post, I'm just super excited lol. I tried to create different tabs for each category, but they only let you create so many. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10LkD8fykZnT-_w7KnUkuDqwK5HwXy0CnzrlnemLOHE8/edit#gid=0