November 2016 Moms
Options

Are you going on a "babymoon"?

2»

Re: Are you going on a "babymoon"?

• Options
    Planning on going to Hawaii (Oahu) but  getting worried about it wrt the zika news. Although there is no known case which originated in Hawaii but heard there is a dengue outbreak at the big island and the same mosquitoes could carry zika as well. Not sure if I am just getting paranoid. Has any one on this forum checked with their Ob/gyn regarding traveling to Hawaii ? Is it safe to visit ?
    I mentioned Hawaii to my OB and she just suggested getting trip insurance. Not for Zika now but in case 1. It shows up there 2. Any other complications arise where I can't fly/travel
  • Options
    I would really love to take a little vacation to Gatlinburg or something maybe a week in the woods or so with some activities. Or maybe a trip to the Island in Maine that our friend lives on. He's been inviting us up there forever and summer is the perfect time of year to go.  I'm not sure it's a realistic thought or not. With the battling HG we are already taking a financial hit and I quite honestly don't feel good enough to go anywhere. If I get to feeling better in a reasonable amount of time maybe it could happen. I'm not sure. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That helps. Thanks :)
  • Options
    ash111916 said:
    Planning on going to Hawaii (Oahu) but  getting worried about it wrt the zika news. Although there is no known case which originated in Hawaii but heard there is a dengue outbreak at the big island and the same mosquitoes could carry zika as well. Not sure if I am just getting paranoid. Has any one on this forum checked with their Ob/gyn regarding traveling to Hawaii ? Is it safe to visit ?
    I mentioned Hawaii to my OB and she just suggested getting trip insurance. Not for Zika now but in case 1. It shows up there 2. Any other complications arise where I can't fly/travel
    That helps. Thanks :)
  • Options
    mrsjlang said:
    Looks like we're going to try a couple days up in Edmonton this month. Yay for shopping. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the drive up there.
    @mrsjlang enjoy West Ed Mall! We used to live in Edmonton and I seriously miss that mall. I was debating on driving up there this summer just to go to Buy Buy Baby at South Common, we don't have one here. 
  • Options
    ash111916 said:
    Trip insurance is a good idea, Zika or not, for any really expensive babymoons. I was hospitalized for an infection a few days before our babymoon to Turkey. If the infection had been more serious, we'd have missed the whole trip and would have lost a ton of $.
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
    IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016
  • Options
    We're too broke to go on a baby moon. I just want one kid free day at the beach. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MollySmMollySm member
    We're too broke to go on a baby moon. I just want one kid free day at the beach. 
    Exactly this.  Though maybe in a hotel or a cabin sleeping instead of on a beach.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @EDK2010 where are you now? We haven't been up there since last summer, so it seems like a good idea. 
  • Options
    We're thinking about Playa Mujeres just north of Cancun, but I'm really worried that we're just baby mooning for baby moon sake. STM did you really find it helpful, necessary, worth the money? We've had each other all to ourselves for the past 6 years, so while I'm all about a good vaycay I do feel a little guilty about telling DH we have to go on a baby moon! 
  • Options
    banfrogbanfrog member
    @Justpeachier13 DH and I regret  not going on one while I was pregnant with our oldest.
  • Options
    @mrsjlang I'm in Calgary. You?
  • Options
    @Justpeachier13 isn't that prime Zika territory?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EDK2010 same! What are the odds eh?
    What's that Buy Buy Baby store you were mentioning? I feel like there's so many baby things we just don't know and that we're behind on everything.
  • Options
    @AdmiralKitty@Justpeachier13  : yes Mexico is on the list of countries to avoid visiting.
  • Options
    Awesome. Cancel that! 
  • Options
    We're headed out on a cruise next week! Looking forward to a last adventure as a family of 3 and the chance to just relax for a week.

@justpeachier13, totally worthwhile in my opinion. We did it with our first and time as a couple was so needed and special!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mrsjlang I'll PM you!
  • Options
    Im really bummed we can't do Mexico. We live in California and are flying to Atlanta for my baby shower in July so I thought we'd go somewhere on the way back. I don't like cruises, but I wanted something all inclusive. Back to the drawing board!  I think I'll call a travel agent. 
  • Options
    Im really bummed we can't do Mexico. We live in California and are flying to Atlanta for my baby shower in July so I thought we'd go somewhere on the way back. I don't like cruises, but I wanted something all inclusive. Back to the drawing board!  I think I'll call a travel agent. 
    After just trying to figure this one out for myself, you might be disappointed depending on your level of comfort and risk aversion. Pretty much anywhere warm and beachy is subject to Zika right now. It sucks. Hawaii might be an option, though they way the news has been going I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up a no-go too. 
  • Options
    msu_galmsu_gal member
    We had planned a 1 week Alaska cruise through the inside passage before we knew whether or not we'd be expecting.  So I don't know if you can really call it a babymoon, but let's pretend :wink: 
    Funny thing is I fought hard to get us $400 onboard credit to use for alcohol.  I guess I'm going shopping on the ship now :smile: 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    We have been planning on it since before I got KU, but this summer we'll be going to Chicago and then camping for a Dave Matthews concert nearby. I suppose that's appropriate since that was basically our honeymoon as well, lol. 

I'd like to go on a bigger/other trip as well but I will be job searching so that might not be possible if I find a new job. The idea of flying while pregnant freaks me out a bit anyway, but I'd be up for a road trip or two.