Is Audrey boring? — The Bump
Baby Names

Is Audrey boring?

mrstomama1516mrstomama1516
10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
edited April 2016 in Baby Names
Right now, this is the one of the only girl names we both really like even though it's a bit popular (maybe too popular- will be interesting to see the SSA list in a couple weeks). I know that it's a classic and I think it's very pretty but I don't particularly want a boring or blah name especially because we have a common surname. What do you guys think about it?

Re: Is Audrey boring?

• I agree that Audrey is classic and pretty and definitely a name that you can't go wrong with, however, I do find it to be just a little boring. Not necessarily in a bad way, its just not that exciting of a name.
    kaswanson
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Audrey! I don't find it boring at all.

• I don't think it's boring either. It's pretty!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • What about Audra? I like this name, as I feel like it is a great compromise between classic and modern 
    momma2charkaswansonmindaa
  • @Marasmommy0611 I like Audra a lot but my husband doesn't :neutral:

• I don't think it's boring. The only names I find boring are Ella, Emma, Ava, Sophia etc that are just SO common.
  • Just don't pair it with a boring middle name. 
    klirwin82LoveLee85
  • I don't think it's boring at all. It's classic and interesting. I've never met an Audrey.
  • Is it too popular?? It's not an uncommon name, but it doesn't feel like a popular one to me.
  • My oldest is Audrey and I only know one other little girl with that name. I get comments regularly about how pretty it is.
  • Not at all, I love Audrey. We named our DD Aubrey- but I love both. We call her Bree a lot. 

• Audrey is lovely and timeless. Not boring at all.

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• kms456kms456
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    This absolutely one of my favorite names. 
    Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• mrstomama1516mrstomama1516
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for your opinions everyone, I feel better about it! We would want to use Charlotte as a middle name most likely. We have other options but Charlotte has meaning for us for a few reasons.
  • I would be worried if I had a daughter she would be lost in the sea of: Aubrey, Audrey, Adalynn, Ariah, Addison, Addy, Ava, Avery, Audra, Averi, Adrian, Arie, Aralynn(all these are baby I know born in the last 14 months). I could go on and on! Everyone I know had a daughter with names that all sound the same, and they all start with an A!!! It's crazy! Not saying I don't like those names, they just all blend together. 
  • It's more popular than I'd want for my kid but when I hear it, I never think, "Ugh, another Audrey!" like I do about some names. It's a nice classic choice. 
  • @LoveLee85 that's a good point, there are a ton of popular A names out there. Something for us to consider. 
  • Classic and beautiful!
  • I don't think it's boring at all. I love it, classic but really beautiful

• I don't think it's boring at all. I love it, classic but really beautiful