Girls Names — The Bump
Baby Names

Girls Names

ska8471ska8471
Third Anniversary 100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
edited April 2016 in Baby Names
This is our first baby, due in early July! We've been debating names for a while and are open to other suggestions for first names. The middle name is not super open to discussion as it's a family name. We are mostly traditional in name choices and spelling and aren't really interested in overly unique names.  Our last name rhymes with "game." Thanks for your help everyone! :smile: 

Girls Names 108 votes

Addison Ann-Marie (nn: Addy)
8% 9 votes
Lillian Ann-Marie (nn: Lily)
27% 30 votes
Ava Ann-Marie
10% 11 votes
Audrey Ann-Marie
30% 33 votes
Sophie Ann-Marie
23% 25 votes

Re: Girls Names

• My favorite name is Audrey but I think Lillian goes best with the MN so that's what I voted for. I would toss Addison.

• Voted Audrey. Also like Lillian. Not a fan of the others, esp with mn.
  • Loading the player...
  • @hollieileen What middle names might you like better with some of them? 

• I voted Lillian.  I probably would not use an A name with the middle name Ann Marie.
  • alyssa0714alyssa0714
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its Photogenic
    edited April 2016
    I think Addie is an adorable nickname but I don't like Addison. Lillian/Lily is okay but I'm pretty bored with it. Sophie just doesn't feel like "enough" to me, its cute but it has a nickname feeling to it.

Audrey gets my vote, its a good name that I think will age well too. I don't like Ann-Marie though. Would prefer just Marie.

ETA: I do think Sophie Ann-Marie has the best flow. As someone else mentioned, I don't like Ann with the A names, also Ava is so boring that I just realized that I completely forgot to even comment on it in first post! LilliAN Ann is too repetitive with the two Ann sounds running together. Audrey Ann-Marie sounds okay though.
    SnarkasaurusRex
  • LNic5LNic5
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Lillian and Sophie are my two favourites 
  • Love Lillian! I would use it if I had a girl, but she would have a cousin Jillian so we had to toss it from our list. 
  • I don't like the -an in Lillian with Ann in the MN spot. I also think think you're going to get people thinking her first name is Whatever Ann and MN is Marie. Ann is such an easy flowing name I think people just naturally do it  

Why the hyphenated mn? That seems problematic when it comes to legal forms and things of that nature. 

I prefer Sophia and I think it's your best choice. Sophie seems more like a nn.

• @CaboBride2015 The hyphen is because it's a French first name "Ann-Marie"
  • sb122007 said:
    @CaboBride2015 The hyphen is because it's a French first name "Ann-Marie"
    I don't understand how the hyphen makes it French? All the Annemarie's I know spell it as one word. I agree that a hyphen is a little unnecessary and makes the name seem bulkier.

SnarkasaurusRex
  • I think the A names and Lillian make for too much alliteration. I really love Sophie Ann-Marie. Personal preference :)