Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC WITH PCOS

HELLO LADIES ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I've been on here cause I got to where I can't handle the fact that I can't control my pcos. Me and Dh had been seeing fertility spec and 1st treatment of femara failed. Second decision was IVF but our insurance started back over and the overall reached deductible was 4000 and there was no way we could reach that so we put that on hold and I started following a whole holistic approach of curing my pcos. I'm taking iodine pills as of now and so far they give me so much energy and facial hair had slowed down but overall it's still hard trying to concieve. BEEN trying 6 years and nothing is ever right I'm just tired and needed to vent, my hormones are out rageous and my birthday is on 2 days and all I do is cry cause I haven't conceive. My husband try to help with my situation but all I do is cry I feel less than a woman and I just need answers

Re: TTC WITH PCOS

• Vaustin38 said:
    HELLO LADIES ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I've been on here cause I got to where I can't handle the fact that I can't control my pcos. Me and Dh had been seeing fertility spec and 1st treatment of femara failed. Second decision was IVF but our insurance started back over and the overall reached deductible was 4000 and there was no way we could reach that so we put that on hold and I started following a whole holistic approach of curing my pcos. I'm taking iodine pills as of now and so far they give me so much energy and facial hair had slowed down but overall it's still hard trying to concieve. BEEN trying 6 years and nothing is ever right I'm just tired and needed to vent, my hormones are out rageous and my birthday is on 2 days and all I do is cry cause I haven't conceive. My husband try to help with my situation but all I do is cry I feel less than a woman and I just need answers
    I'm sorry you are struggling. Is there a specific question you need answers to?
  • @LadyMillil I'm struggling with managing pcos and learning how to cope with the infertile issues
  • Loading the player...
  • What @MelissaM090 said.   I wish I had something to say other than you will be in my thoughts.  

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• I agree with @MelissaM090.

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS. I am starting the process with an RE and I just went to go see an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility issues. Have you tried or considered acupuncture? It's not a cure-all, but I think it could help my body to regulate itself.

I haven't been doing well with coping, but I just got my diagnosis last week. I'm starting to get into my workouts and looking for recipes to help cut a few things out of my diet, like grains and dairy.

I would read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and also look into The PCOS Workbook and The PCOS Cookbook. But most of all, I would join the daily threads as that's where I've received my best advice from the other women on this board.
  • There are quite a few ladies with PCOS that hang out on this board, myself included. There is also a TTTC (trouble trying to conceive) board that you might want to check out if you are wanting to talk solely with women going through fertility struggles. We have a great group of TTC and TTTC here so I hope you stick around. Good luck!

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • kerismatickerismatic member
    edited April 2016
    I'd recommend reading the book Woman Code. There's a wealth of information about diet changes and lifestyle changes that will assist your body in healing from some of the endocrine disruptors we're exposed to on a daily basis. Start small, targeting one change at a time. 

Also, if you haven't had any recent bloodwork, you may want to talk to your doctor about doing so. High insulin levels are common with PCOS and can have an impact on ovulation. I know many women, including myself, are prescribed Metformin to assist with this. 

GL!

ETA: one cycle of Femara to IVF is quite a jump in level of intervention. They may be able to increase your dose. IUI may also be explored before hand. Hopefully YH has already been tested as well and your RE has a plan you feel comfortable with. But I'd recommend exploring the in between steps as well and having your RE explain to you why (s)he's recommending ivf as a next step. 

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg